£1.2m deal to be struck

THE SPL and SFL were last night close to agreeing a £1.2million deal with Sky for the rights to show 45 Rangers matches over the next three seasons.

An announcement on the deal – believed to work out at an average of £27,000 a game – is expected within the next 48 hours.

The SPL had been in London last week and again earlier this week negotiating with Sky, ESPN and other corporate partners trying desperately to keep them onside.

Broadcasters and sponsors made it clear that without Rangers in the mix they would be slashing millions off their packages and the top-flight clubs had to find a way of ensuring some kind of stability.

They are trying to get Sky to agree a long-term deal with them but were told they would need to bring Gers back into the picture.

That was why the SPL were among the bidders for the SFL’s TV rights when the deadline passed at the start of this week.

The SFL were happy to sell the rights to the SPL who, in turn, reached agreement with Sky and now hope they can seal another deal for their 
own matches.

They had agreed an £80m five-year contract but that was never signed off and the SPL are now trying to lengthen the duration of any new package in the hope Rangers would be back in the top division.

That would generate more money for the SPL but they and Rangers are still at loggerheads over EBTs and that is delaying the club’s SFA membership.

Rangers are still refusing to sign up to any agreement that could see them stripped of titles if the SPL investigation into the club’s EBT years finds them guilty. The SPL are set to announce their verdict a week tomorrow and there could be renewed calls for Rangers to be stripped of five championships.

Gers chief executive Charles Green said: “We have not yet reached agreement with the SPL so talks are continuing
 to secure our SFA membership which we are hoping to receive.”

"Broadcasters and sponsors made it clear that without Rangers in the mix they would be slashing millions off their packages and the top-flight clubs had to find a way of ensuring some kind of stability."

.. just make sure you don't take our titles ...

Further proof needed that SPL/SFA cannot tolerate Scottish football without Rangers?

FFS! When will this end? What happens if this thing does 'go nuclear'? I mean what if the SPL won't back down over EBT's, even though they would be signing their own death warrant by not doing so? WTF are these guys on? Don't they know half of them will be out of jobs if they don't pull their thumbs out now? Not to mention the mass redundancies throughout all of Scottish football that would follow?

It's a tough one. I don't expect anyone should follow me in this view. I think every man should make up his own mind for himself. I will also still support the club whatever decision is reached. Threatening to withdraw support from the club when it may be at it's weakest is just dumb and suicidal in my view. But personally, in my view, if push came to shove and the SPL don't back down, then I would be inclined to say fuck it! We may go down, but the whole house of cards will fall with us. I'm not saying take a year out, but I think we should stick to our guns regardless of the consequences. It doesn't have to mean the end. I mean we are all still here and we aren't going away. But they need us and they know they need us. Let's see how tough they all are when reality really starts to bite.

I really can't get my head around this whole thing. Do they really hate us so blindly and so much that they would risk their own futures and the futures of a huge number of people in Scottish football, just so they can keep seeing us be punished? We have already taken every conceivable form of punishment in their imaginary rule book. Is it too much to ask that we should be left with some of our dignity and our history?

Like I said guys, don't follow me on this. Make up your own minds. But why should these guys be allowed to rob us of everything, while saying they want us to pay them millions in TV rights for the privlidge of doing so?

Also WTF would it take to get this prick Doncaster to sign? If I were in his position I would be quaking in my boots. If 40,000 seriously pissed off (mostly) Glaswegians can't persuade him to sign, then who the fuck can? How can he still even hope to live in Scotland if he doesn't put pen to ink soon? If he fucks our club, I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who will be only too happy to give him more than a 'stern talking to.'

One might even be tempted to say 'sign you cunt!' if they met him and could speak to him, but of course as we are all gentlemen, we might not put it so crudely ...

"Broadcasters and sponsors made it clear that without Rangers in the mix they would be slashing millions off their packages and the top-flight clubs had to find a way of ensuring some kind of stability."

.. just make sure you don't take our titles ...

Further proof needed that SPL/SFA cannot tolerate Scottish football without Rangers?

That statement doesn't stack up with a £1.2m deal. Sounds like SFL could have done a better deal as SPL were f**ked without us in the mix. I also don't like the fact that if this part is agreed without our "no title stripping" demand not being agreed then we have lost our bargaining chip on that one.

If this is a true story then we have given the SPL the opportunity of the decent deal with Sky thus keeping all of the SPL teams in business while still leaving us open to the loss of titles.

I do not see this as a good news story.

FFS! When will this end? What happens if this thing does 'go nuclear'? I mean what if the SPL won't back down over EBT's, even though they would be signing their own death warrant by not doing so? WTF are these guys on? Don't they know half of them will be out of jobs if they don't pull their thumbs out now? Not to mention the mass redundancies throughout all of Scottish football that would follow?

It's a tough one. I don't expect anyone should follow me in this view. I think every man should make up his own mind for himself. I will also still support the club whatever decision is reached. Threatening to withdraw support from the club when it may be at it's weakest is just dumb and suicidal in my view. But personally, in my view, if push came to shove and the SPL don't back down, then I would be inclined to say fuck it! We may go down, but the whole house of cards will fall with us. I'm not saying take a year out, but I think we should stick to our guns regardless of the consequences. It doesn't have to mean the end. I mean we are all still here and we aren't going away. But they need us and they know they need us. Let's see how tough they all are when reality really starts to bite.

I really can't get my head around this whole thing. Do they really hate us so blindly and so much that they would risk their own futures and the futures of a huge number of people in Scottish football, just so they can keep seeing us be punished? We have already taken every conceivable form of punishment in their imaginary rule book. Is it too much to ask that we should be left with some of our dignity and our history?

Like I said guys, don't follow me on this. Make up your own minds. But why should these guys be allowed to rob us of everything, while saying they want us to pay them millions in TV rights for the privlidge of doing so?

Also WTF would it take to get this prick Doncaster to sign? If I were in his position I would be quaking in my boots. If 40,000 seriously pissed off (mostly) Glaswegians can't persuade him to sign, then who the fuck can? How can he still even hope to live in Scotland if he doesn't put pen to ink soon? If he fucks our club, I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who will be only too happy to give him more than a 'stern talking to.'

One might be tempted to say 'sign you cunt!', but of course as we are all 'gentlemen', we might not put it so crudely ...

I for one agree with everything you've said, Dumcaster should be hounded out of Office as soon as, if not before.

Folk down here just can't understand why Rangers are being punished by the day and why a fanny like Dumcaster is allowed to do it.

When I tell them that the Scottish Mhedia are fully behind the punishments, they just can't believe it and say the same thing as you.

It's nearing the time when enough is enough and it's time to take this to Dumcaster's doorstep.

I'm also sick of these guys saying that all the other clubs in Scottish football will have to 'cut their cloth accordingly' with Rangers in the 3rd, or even if (God forbid!) this Doncaster cunt refuses to sign. I mean it makes somewhat good sound bite for the media. But FFS, we are talking about potentially thousands of jobs being lost here. Fair enough if these fannies want to swan around in their big chauffeur driven cars and pontificate about how it would be better for everybody in the end. But you try telling that to all the guys who's livelihood depends on a strong vibrant, healthy Scottish football league. It's fucking dumb is what it is. They're going to make thousands of people redundant in the name of 'sporting integrity'? Would anybody care to explain to me exactly how that works? It's outrageous really.

I swear to goodness this Doncaster prick needs to be (politely) reminded of exactly what he's dealing with here. By any measure this whole thing is dynamite, and of course we all remember what our parents warned us about when playing with dynamite as kids ...

Or Soon

Or Later

Or on the Brink

Or Just to be signed

Or Few things to be ironed oot

It's bursting my nut man!!!

it's always the same with rangers :lol:

craig shyte taking over took months

Jelavic signing took ages

The Goodwillie saga went on for weeks

they're probably been more and no doubt the next will be black signing :lol: