Crutches...

graeme_4

Morning gents,

Tore my ankle ligaments midweek, so currently hobbling about on crutches. Are their any rules about going into Ibrox on them?

Sure I heard something about coppers stopping a guy going in or throwing him out cause he was on crutches? Season ticket holder and desperate to be there on Tuesday.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Cheers!

If I was you I would call the head of security to find out if you could sit in the disabled section mate.

I know its not a dissability but temporary injury however that would IMO be tje only way you would get acccess to a football match in this country.

Give them a call the number should be on the website.

You are 100% allowed in with crutches mate!

I used mine for a few months but you see guys and girls with them all the time, just the same as older people with walking sticks etc

If plod stopped you from entering the stadium, it would be absolute lunacy on their part. Disability Discrimination Act (don't know if the Scottish version is a different name) guarantees you reasonable access.

Try contacting the club and if some tim in a uniform tries to stop you, make sure you get his name and number and make a complaint.

Thanks folks. I'll try and give them a call on Monday and see how we go!

As i said mate, speaking from personal experience, there is no need to phone anyone!

Just give yourself plenty of time to get to and from your seat and you will be fine...

Here you go :)

http://www.rangers.co.uk/index.php/club/ibrox/first-time-visitors

Crutches

Crutches are allowed into the Stadium, they should be placed safely underneath your seat. However, if your leg is in plaster cast and you are unable to bend it unfortunately you will not be able to sit in your allocated seat as you may cause an obstruction. Please contact us to see if we can assist you short term. Those with a long term or permanent requirement for extra leg room should discuss their requirements with Ticket Centre.

Here you go :)

http://www.rangers.co.uk/index.php/club/ibrox/first-time-visitors

Crutches

Crutches are allowed into the Stadium, they should be placed safely underneath your seat. However, if your leg is in plaster cast and you are unable to bend it unfortunately you will not be able to sit in your allocated seat as you may cause an obstruction. Please contact us to see if we can assist you short term. Those with a long term or permanent requirement for extra leg room should discuss their requirements with Ticket Centre.

Thanks bud!

Ive attended many games at Ibrox with crutches (when i also ripped my ankle ligiments) and had no problems at all from staff or police.

P.s: its a bastard of an injury, even many years down the line its still not the same. Hope you recover well.

Morning gents,

Tore my ankle ligaments midweek, so currently hobbling about on crutches. Are their any rules about going into Ibrox on them?

Sure I heard something about coppers stopping a guy going in or throwing him out cause he was on crutches? Season ticket holder and desperate to be there on Tuesday.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Cheers!

thats shocking, if true of course.. surely minty should never have got thru the doors lol

Ive attended many games at Ibrox with crutches (when i also ripped my ankle ligiments) and had no problems at all from staff or police.

P.s: its a bastard of an injury, even many years down the line its still not the same. Hope you recover well.

Thanks mate, I know. Ripped them about 4 years ago and never been quite right. Done the same ankle again :anguish:

Hello Bears,

As other posters have stated Crutches are not a problem, as long as you just put them underneath the seat not causing obstruction etc.

I am ST Holder in the East Enclosure and manage and have found the stewards helpful.

I can't walk without my crutches due to M.S(Multiple Sclerosis)so take it from me crutches are not a problem,I will be there Tuesday ngt in my usual pew :crabflute: