Neil McCann

graeme_4

He says he signed 1 contract and 1 contract only. So there can be no dual contract if he only signed one. A contract has to be signed or it is not a contract. It seems to me that if there was a side letter then it would have been for the EBT but EBTs are not contracts.

Your at the wind up, nearly got me though. :clap:

I would agree, but I remember him getting slated virtually every game for not being able to cross a ball ffs! Not sure where that puts our current position :lol:

he took a torrent of abuse, but since then we have been crying out for someone that can control a ball and actually skin someone

I remember watching him and johnston on either wing against sturm graz at ibrox, we fucking destroyed them that night

he took a torrent of abuse, but since then we have been crying out for someone that can control a ball and actually skin someone

I remember watching him and johnston on either wing against sturm graz at ibrox, we fucking destroyed them that night

How we could do like a couple of wingers like that right now :praise:

I thought the whole point is whether EBT's were used to make contractual payments to the staff, he may not have signed for it but isn't that where the side letters supposedly come in ?

Clubs setting up an EBT is legal but using it to make a contractual payment to a player is against the (SFA) rules. Owning a breadknife is also legal but using it to slit someones throat is frowned upon because that too is against the rules.

Why the fuck would Neil McCann sign for an EBT if he has a letter from the club saying you do a, b and c and we will pay you x, y and z.

What is it that I'm missing here because I don't understand why his speaking out helps our case.

As EBT'S are not contractual why would any worker in any line of work agree to "payments" through a EBT?

We all know why in that EBT'S are loopholes to pay less tax!

double contrscts/payments outwith contracts or whatever they want to say it is a load of shite to even consider it is a title stripping offence.

very true, we lacked creativity today, long ball shite was torture to watch

We are capable of beating Peterhead with good football, i think Ally just needs to take a risk and believe in our lads, i think he will i just hope it doesnt take more bad results to make it happen.

I thought the whole point is whether EBT's were used to make contractual payments to the staff, he may not have signed for it but isn't that where the side letters supposedly come in ?

Clubs setting up an EBT is legal but using it to make a contractual payment to a player is against the (SFA) rules. Owning a breadknife is also legal but using it to slit someones throat is frowned upon because that too is against the rules.

Why the fuck would Neil McCann sign for an EBT if he has a letter from the club saying you do a, b and c and we will pay you x, y and z.

What is it that I'm missing here because I don't understand why his speaking out helps our case.

Yeah your right a player who played for us and got paid with EBT's states that he was advised that it was legal by his independant lawyers and states he only signed one contrct is bad for us!!! doh

Would you prefer total silence so the scum and people like Daily can make allegation after allegation without anyone defending us?

You are a plum!

We are capable of beating Peterhead with good football, i think Ally just needs to take a risk and believe in our lads, i think he will i just hope it doesnt take more bad results to make it happen.

CG and his backers wouldnt like too many results like that.

Yeah your right a player who played for us and got paid with EBT's states that he was advised that it was legal by his independant lawyers and states he only signed one contrct is bad for us!!! doh

Would you prefer total silence so the scum and people like Daily can make allegation after allegation without anyone defending us?

You are a plum!

I never said it was bad for us nor did I say I'd prefer total silence. Just stick to name calling, that way you only come across as an idiot instead of an idiot who can't read properly. I'll continue to be the "plum" that wants to understand why the FTT and SFA are investigating our use of EBT's.

Mate that night will also live with me forever, what an atmosphere, what a performance, what a game! Neil could have his off games just like the rest of them, which is why i couldnt understand the abuse, but yes we could do with another!

He says he signed 1 contract and 1 contract only. So there can be no dual contract if he only signed one. A contract has to be signed or it is not a contract. It seems to me that if there was a side letter then it would have been for the EBT but EBTs are not contracts.

I believe it used to be the case that the only contracts in scots law that need to be written is for land, all others can be agreed verbally. Aslong as there is a mutual agreement which creates a legal obligation then we have a contract. I'm thinking it's got to be down to the actual wording of the signed contract and if there is any reference to any other payments/trust/financial obligation and the interpretation of this reference.