Mike Ashley

WCPRANGERS1

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We are now reaping what we allowed John Reid to sow. He set the whole SFA and SPL witch-hunt up. Reagan and Doncaster were recruited by his sons mate ie The Nolan Partnership. The hierarchy of Scottish football is now full of Tims !!! The lawyers appointed to help the SPL investigate us are Celtic minded and friends of Lawell.

We are now reaping what we allowed John Reid to sow. He set the whole SFA and SPL witch-hunt up. Reagan and Doncaster were recruited by his sons mate ie The Nolan Partnership. The hierarchy of Scottish football is now full of Tims !!! The lawyers appointed to help the SPL investigate us are Celtic minded and friends of Lawell.

No matter what spin they try to put on our investors they must be sick as pigs. They took their chance to kill us and failed miserably. We're now back and they failed in their assassination attempt. How much it must hurt to see us getting billionaire investors,signing top Scottish players. When we get back to the top we'll have no debts and be in a position to dominate for a few years.

You tried to kill us and failed, now we're coming for you!

:uk:

No Surrender.

Can we please stop using the term club when talking about buying shares or a stake in the company, it causes unnecessary confusion and gives our detractors ammunition. If Ashley was buying a stake in the club the shares from Murray's time would have carried over.

I'm not trying to be pedantic, I genuinely think this is an important issue.

Can we please stop using the term club when talking about buying shares or a stake in the company, it causes unnecessary confusion and gives our detractors ammunition. If Ashley was buying a stake in the club the shares from Murray's time would have carried over.

I'm not trying to be pedantic, I genuinely think this is an important issue.

So (and forgive me if I'm picking you up wrong here...) but you are basically referring to us as a 'NewCo' as opposed to the club that is Rangers - 130 years and counting....

Ashley, if the stories are true is buying shares in the club.

End off.

Can someone explain to me what Mike Ashley gets in Return from having a 10% stake in our club, I know we get a huge investment and Sports Direct sponsorship but what does Mike get ? a hole in his pocket or will he receive money from the merchandises that is spent in Sports Direct from Rangers tops etc

Sorry if this is a stupid question I'm just interested that's all just don't see why hes wanting to make a Investment if he has no say in the running of the club etc i know its a brilliant thing to be involved with Rangers but hes a Geordie Business man not a Gers Fan

Can someone explain to me what Mike Ashley gets in Return from having a 10% stake in our club, I know we get a huge investment and Sports Direct sponsorship but what does Mike get ? a hole in his pocket or will he receive money from the merchandises that is spent in Sports Direct from Rangers tops etc

Sorry if this is a stupid question I'm just interested that's all just don't see why hes wanting to make a Investment if he has no say in the running of the club etc i know its a brilliant thing to be involved with Rangers but hes a Geordie Business man not a Gers Fan

His 10% (or whatever) will be worth a hell of lot more in the future than what he pays for it now.

It's an investment. If it's got the side benefit of getting his Sports Direct company involved in a potentially global marketing of Rangers merchandise then I'm sure he'll not be too upset.

Nothing to do with Sports Direct sponsorship as Tennents remain our sponsor - but he will get the deal to sell our shirts and associated merchandise through his shops.

In the absence of Green reopening Rangers shops then Ashley would be a welcome addition especially in comparison to the current JJB Sports deal.

When we are back in top flight and Europe we will be worth far more then the roughly 10m Green values us at (eg 1m = 10% share) so say we are valued at 50m his share is worth 5m, and he is making money from our kits.

So (and forgive me if I'm picking you up wrong here...) but you are basically referring to us as a 'NewCo' as opposed to the club that is Rangers - 130 years and counting....

Ashley, if the stories are true is buying shares in the club.

End off.

I'm sure we can agree that the club and the company are separate entities. If Ashley was buying shares in the club why were the shareholders from the murray era unable to carry their shares over? If they are club shares and not company shares then this would have happened.

Perhaps a shareholder from murrays tenure could explain it better. Maybe they could dig out a share certificate to verify that the share was in the company (that ran the club).

I will be buying shares when the time comes but the way I see it I'm buying shares in the company Charles Green set up not a piece of the club.

This is the only way I can make sense of it, it may be wrong and I hope somebody more knowledgeable can explain.

Thanks guys never thought of it like that

So if Mike is a new Shareholder and say 3 or 4 years time when we return to SPHELL he could have a lot more say in the club ? or just his shares will Triple or even more

He will own the same %age of the plc part of the club so no more say in running the club BUT that %age will be increased in monetary value.

I'm sure we can agree that the club and the company are separate entities. If Ashley was buying shares in the club why were the shareholders from the murray era unable to carry their shares over? If they are club shares and not company shares then this would have happened.

Perhaps a shareholder from murrays tenure could explain it better. Maybe they could dig out a share certificate to verify that the share was in the company (that ran the club).

I will be buying shares when the time comes but the way I see it I'm buying shares in the company Charles Green set up not a piece of the club.

This is the only way I can make sense of it, it may be wrong and I hope somebody more knowledgeable can explain.

this is correct (and well explained too :) ). The club and the company are seperate and need to stay seperate otherwise we could have had the club being liquidated.

it baffles me that we accepted 3 mill a year from jjb yet sports direct can get us between 5-10 mill ....

Did we not get 18million up front so deal worked out equivalent of 4.8 each season. And considering we're not now going to honour last 4 yrs, worked out 36 million for 6 yr deal (6 mill a season)