Rangers v Falkirk attendance is looking much better.....

govanblue

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure we will get a good attendance on Thursday and with new signings expected tomorrow the intrest will grow further.

No-one should question our fanbase in general the support shown these past 6 months has been nothing short of inspirational!

And to put things in perspective AC Milan have only sold 22000 season tickets this season and their attendance at the weekend was under 35k. Really just highlights how big a club we still are and always will be!!!

We might not sell the old place out, but I would wager a large amount of money that there will be considerably more people at ibrox than the rest of the ties for this round put together

Tonight's 6 ties: 9007

Morton v Aberdeen last week: 2817

= 11824

3 home ties tomorrow for Arbroath, Queen's Park & St Mirren

I think your money's safe.

We might not sell the old place out, but I would wager a large amount of money that there will be considerably more people at ibrox than the rest of the ties for this round put together

And just for a bit of fun,

here are the attendances for Round 1:

Rangers v East Fife: 38160 (Ahem!)

All other 14 games: 9905

So excluding Rangers, total attendance for rounds 1 and 2 = 21729 - plus 3 games tomorrow

So what are the odds on both Rangers 1st and 2nd Round attendances each being more than the combined totals of rounds 1 and 2 combined (24 games)

I know - I've got too much time on my hands!

I have to agree with the size of players contracts being cut we don't really need the money as much as we once did

On the other hand, there isnt any Champions league money to rely on for now. Plus the tickets ARE cheaper than before.

The only ways for extra revenue right now are Cup ties and selling players and the latter didnt work out as planned.

From the way it looked , the investors were looking for a return by way of the first teamers transfer fees.

I'd have hoped we'd at least match the East Fife crowd.

That was always going to be tough. There was such a real buzz around the East Fife game. The first one of the season, and I think everyone just wanted to be there for a bit of a celebration.

As I said before, the weather will have a real sway on the attendance. If it's a nice night people will be much more likely to take a run along.

That was always going to be tough. There was such a real buzz around the East Fife game. The first one of the season, and I think everyone just wanted to be there for a bit of a celebration.

As I said before, the weather will have a real sway on the attendance. If it's a nice night people will be much more likely to take a run along.

Well that doesn't bode well for the winter in this country then does it?

The response to our great crowds so far is that the novelty and defiance will wear off and attendances will drop greatly getting into the cold months etc.

Will be bitterly disappointing if this is proven correct.