Rangers v Falkirk attendance is looking much better.....

govanblue

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a midweek cup game... whether you're hovering in Division 3 or just been crowned Champions of the Premier League, it's always going to be a lower attendance than league fixtures.

Even clubs like Liverpool; Man Utd; Arsenal etc don't sell out midweek cup games - and considering half the cash goes to Falkirk it's pretty understandable anyway.

Man Utd home to Wolves in the carling cup two years ago, a 'pathetic' 46,000 turned up; last year only 52,000 saw Utd lose to Crystal Palace in the carling cup. Liverpool-Northampton a few years ago, only 22,000...

Gunning for a sellout only looks pathetic for ourselves, cos it weren't too long ago we only brought 23,000 to Ibrox to see us play Dunfermline in the league cup; or only 13,000 to play Kilmarnock in the Scottish Cup.

The League is what matters... midweek cup fixtures certainly don't.

:uk:

It's a midweek cup game... whether you're hovering in Division 3 or just been crowned Champions of the Premier League, it's always going to be a lower attendance than league fixtures.

Even clubs like Liverpool; Man Utd; Arsenal etc don't sell out midweek cup games - and considering half the cash goes to Falkirk it's pretty understandable anyway.

Man Utd home to Wolves in the carling cup two years ago, a 'pathetic' 46,000 turned up; last year only 52,000 saw Utd lose to Crystal Palace in the carling cup. Liverpool-Northampton a few years ago, only 22,000...

Gunning for a sellout only looks pathetic for ourselves, cos it weren't too long ago we only brought 23,000 to Ibrox to see us play Dunfermline in the league cup; or only 13,000 to play Kilmarnock in the Scottish Cup.

The League is what matters... midweek cup fixtures certainly don't.

:uk:

Only a couple of people have talked about a sell-out - of course that's unrealistic.

But 30,000 plus isn't.

It's funny how people would always make time for a CL night or a midweek Mhanky mob game.

a lot of people took holidays/time of work to go to those games but for some reason they dont feel the same urge to take time of to go to this match

A night game will always effect the size of the crowed particularly a "school night" I have two youg boys and both are ST holders but, I will only be taking my older boy as we will not get back home until about 11pm, I still bet you that we will get more at this game than was at all the weekend SPL matches. :21:

A night game will always effect the size of the crowed particularly a "school night" I have two youg boys and both are ST holders but, I will only be taking my older boy as we will not get back home until about 11pm, I still bet you that we will get more at this game than was at all the weekend SPL matches. :21:

What about if it was a champions league night. Never effected the crowd on a "school night" then?

I'm not a wee wank, Dennis - I'll wager I'm at least as big a wank as you!

I'm not moaning - I'm doing what I can to make sure my club makes as much money as possible. Is that so wrong?

Never saw you at berwick,brechin,peterhead i hate part timers with attitude :wanker: