Templeton vs Naismith

Ricky_

Now i admit i got it wrong, to an extent with Steven the traitor Naismith, but when we signed him i never really rated him, and for his first season and a half i thought he was a complete waste of money. Why? Well, his touch was, and still is to an extent, far too heavy almost every time. I did eat some humble pie however because he really came into his own and showed outstanding technical abilty in other areas of his game (that outside of the boot volley vs celtic) and showed great power and pace, and work rate.

few on here rated naismith more than i did.

i didn't rate his football skills - they were slightly better than average.

but naismith had something special in his character that ordinary players don't have.

something that produced an inner drive that made his mediocre skills exceptional.

but, unfortunately for him, that 'special something' in his character is inextricably tied to things like integrity.

and when the fucker sacrificed this, and sold out the team he loved and the fans who idolized him for 30 pieces of fucking silver without doing anything for Rangers, then all that's left is a pathetic hollow excuse for a man with mediocre skills.

naismith lost something he can never get back - he will always be a loser.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Naismith showed what he can do against West Brow - misplace passes and fail to control the ball with one touch. Subbed after an hour. That will be his last start in the EPL.

He ain't as good as we thought he was and just like Adam he'll squit downwards to a Championship team at best.

i don't. maybe your definiation of world class is pretty loose.

Alan McGregor, on his day, maybe.

Naismith is punching above his weight at everton - Jelavic could probably do better, he's a class above.

i think you two have confirmed to me that the term "world class" is thrown about far far too often. So far i read "world class" next to steven naismith, jelavic, and allan mcgregor. Thats quite incredible. How can you be world class, when theres atleast, ATLEAST 10 players in the world that are better in that position. Jelavic may well end up, i highly doubt it, but he might. Naismith will never be, and mcgregor is so "world class" that no one wanted to touch him.

i think you two have confirmed to me that the term "world class" is thrown about far far too often. So far i read "world class" next to steven naismith, jelavic, and allan mcgregor. Thats quite incredible. How can you be world class, when theres atleast, ATLEAST 10 players in the world that are better in that position. Jelavic may well end up, i highly doubt it, but he might. Naismith will never be, and mcgregor is so "world class" that no one wanted to touch him.

i said mcgregor "on his day" - maybe. meaning that greggs on his top top form could make "your top 10". Truth be told i think right now the world lacks truelly great goalkeepers like oliver khan & peter schmiechal. A few years back my top 3 might have been Van Der Sar, Pepe Reina, Valdez & Casilles. I never rated casilles, good shot stopper but prone to blunder, horrible at crosses. Valdez ive now lost count of his barca blunders - cost them the super copa last week. Pepe Reina has been making them non-stop recently, and Van Der Sar has retired. Buffoon is a dinosaur. Craig Gordon went for 9m but is so injury prone now he cant find himself a club. It's madness to think McGregor is kick in the arse off world class.

Jelavic isn't, but i still think he's the sort of player a team like Arsenal could be in for. But he's a little short of reaching the level of a Van Persie or Zlatan Ibrahimovic, which id consider world class.

Naismith is nowhere enar it - his place in the Scotland side shouldn't even be bolstered considering some of the competition right now.

i said mcgregor "on his day" - maybe. meaning that greggs on his top top form could make "your top 10". Truth be told i think right now the world lacks truelly great goalkeepers like oliver khan & peter schmiechal. A few years back my top 3 might have been Van Der Sar, Pepe Reina, Valdez & Casilles. I never rated casilles, good shot stopper but prone to blunder, horrible at crosses. Valdez ive now lost count of his barca blunders - cost them the super copa last week. Pepe Reina has been making them non-stop recently, and Van Der Sar has retired. Buffoon is a dinosaur. Craig Gordon went for 9m but is so injury prone now he cant find himself a club. It's madness to think McGregor is kick in the arse off world class.

Jelavic isn't, but i still think he's the sort of player a team like Arsenal could be in for. But he's a little short of reaching the level of a Van Persie or Zlatan Ibrahimovic, which id consider world class.

Naismith is nowhere enar it - his place in the Scotland side shouldn't even be bolstered considering some of the competition right now.

In my opinion, its madness to think mcgregor is anywhere near world class, and if he is, it shows you how far the standard of goalkeepers has dropped. All the keepers you mentioned are better than mcgregor, plus cech, hart, even given amd freidel. Theres atleast 2 or 3 better than him in serie A aswell. On his day mcgregor was a goood keeper, but he cost us several big goals in old firm matches, some of them howlers. Hes nowhere near world class, and i ask again, if hes that good, why did no one want him? Hes playin in turkey, not england, spain or germany, turkey.

In my opinion, its madness to think mcgregor is anywhere near world class, and if he is, it shows you how far the standard of goalkeepers has dropped. All the keepers you mentioned are better than mcgregor, plus cech, hart, even given amd freidel. Theres atleast 2 or 3 better than him in serie A aswell. On his day mcgregor was a goood keeper, but he cost us several big goals in old firm matches, some of them howlers. Hes nowhere near world class, and i ask again, if hes that good, why did no one want him? Hes playin in turkey, not england, spain or germany, turkey.

so your case for him not being 'anywhere enar' world class is that hes let in howlers? How much did Man U pay for De Gea? How many howlers did he have ni his first season? Did you see Victor Valdez cost Barca the super copa last week by trying to dribble past di maria in his own box? Or what about getting beat at his near post by van persie from a 90 degree angle in the CL? Did you see Pepe Reinas blunder from the Templeton shot last week? Ive lost count of the Pepe Reina blunders ive seen oer the last 2 years. Peter Cech was world class before his head injury.

As for playing in Turkey, hes just went to where the money is, the reason why he left. You'd be mental to think a club like fulham would rather have someone like Mark Schwartzer between the sticks, he's absolute pish. And look at some of the clowns Arsenal have employed between the sticks since Seaman retired.... Almunia :lol:

so your case for him not being 'anywhere enar' world class is that hes let in howlers? How much did Man U pay for De Gea? How many howlers did he have ni his first season? Did you see Victor Valdez cost Barca the super copa last week by trying to dribble past di maria in his own box? Or what about getting beat at his near post by van persie from a 90 degree angle in the CL? Did you see Pepe Reinas blunder from the Templeton shot last week? Ive lost count of the Pepe Reina blunders ive seen oer the last 2 years. Peter Cech was world class before his head injury.

As for playing in Turkey, hes just went to where the money is, the reason why he left. You'd be mental to think a club like fulham would rather have someone like Mark Schwartzer between the sticks, he's absolute pish. And look at some of the clowns Arsenal have employed between the sticks since Seaman retired.... Almunia :lol:

No, not really. My case for him not being world class is that theres about 15 keepers in the world that are better than him. Mcgregors had several howlers,not one or two. Im not saying hes not a good keeper, but hes not world class, thats just bollocks. Hed have cost next to nothing in the summer, and if he was good enough hed have got top dollar in spain or england or something. Hes not rated, and had to go to a league that hed rather not play in, so he could make a fast buck.

no.

Well you've atleast got that right. However, as much as your more than entitled to your opinion, allan mcgregor is not and is never likely to be anywhere near the top 10 keepers in world football, so i cant see how he can be world class.

Templeton is a better dribber and has a decent shot. He's still young and will get better. But in terms of what they were both like before they got signed by rangers i'd say templeton is different class, and that is without rangers working on his abilities. Also templeton is quicker and can make skinning a man easy. He also has a decent cross which will get better the more he trains with the coaches of rangers. He is a better prospect than naismith and look what we did with him. Templeton is going to be a star for rangers.

I don't really think you can compare them, but if you want to and if I'm being honest, I think there is a little bit of revisionist history going on here mate.

Naismith was widely considered the best youngster in Scotland when we signed him and IMO, he was far more highly thought of than Templeton is now. Naimsith was three years younger than Templeton is now, yet he was already a two time young player of the year, had been on trial at Arsenal, had already broken in to the full Scotland set up and had already played well over 100 games for Kilmarnock.

Long term, I think Templeton has a lot of potential and his direct, exciting style of play is going to help the fans take to him really quickly, but I still feel there are some people who are getting a bit ahead of themselves and are possibly over rating his ability just a little bit.

Long term, I think Templeton has a lot of potential and his direct, exciting style of play is going to help the fans take to him really quickly, but I still feel there are some people who are getting a bit ahead of themselves and are possibly over rating his ability just a little bit.

Spot on.

I said yesterday that he still has a lot of learning to do, needs to become more consistent, get more goals and work on his final ball. However, there is no denying the talent and potential he has.

Well you've atleast got that right. However, as much as your more than entitled to your opinion, allan mcgregor is not and is never likely to be anywhere near the top 10 keepers in world football, so i cant see how he can be world class.

who says world class is making a list of top 10's? For me it's about reaching a certain level.

Spot on.

I said yesterday that he still has a lot of learning to do, needs to become more consistent, get more goals and work on his final ball. However, there is no denying the talent and potential he has.

Agreed.

I'm excited by him, but I'm not going to get carried away just yet and start putting unfair expectations on him before he has even kicked a ball for us.

why the magic number 10 though? who came up with that? why not 11, or 5, or 32?

10's not a magic number, make it 15 or 20, i just thought if your in the top 10 in the world then your pretty much considered world class. Your suggesting X amount of keepers can reach a certain level and all be considered one of the best in the world. The fact is allan mcgregor is not world class, and its highly unlikely he ever will be.