Templeton vs Naismith

Ricky_

Naismith was my clear favourite player for 2 years before he left. Not just based on talent (as Jelavic must have been the most talented) but based on passion.

Can't believe how I felt about him could change with a simple statement as he left... never had a problem with him leaving, just the way he did.

Templeton and Naismith pre-Rangers seem to have been at a similar level. Hopefully Templeton can grow like Naismith did... the benefit for Templeton is that he will be able to grow in confidence against weaker teams than Naismith faced.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't agree.... we'll just have to agree to disagree. Hard to prove that I am undoubtedly correct haha!

lol, well check out the goal in my OP vs hibs. When have you ever seen naismith drift past players like that, weaving in and out with the ball? The goal is more akin to the one Aluko scored vs the scum in the 3-2 game. It's not really a talent Naisy has, his touch has always been very heavy. His talents and best traits lie in other areas.

Templeton is nowhere near as good as Naismith,but give him time and if he is as good that will do me,stop getting carried away ,when Naismith got injured against Aberdeen last year,i turned to my son and said that we would struggle from then on,he is a BRILLIANT link up player,and WILL be played with Everton with Jelavic,time to move on and for someone to say we have a better team now is laughable,but onwards and upwards,because ill be in my usual seat supporting as always.....

As much as it pains me to say it, Naismith was world class at times.

He was never "World class" He had a lot of good games for us and he was consistent for us but he was never world class. Remember, Naismith had a bunch of good players feeding him at Rangers were's Templeton only had one or two feeding him but he made things happen himself. I'm not saying Naismith wasn't a great player, he was but Templeton is different a better different if you ask me. He'll do the business for us and he's young and will earn from our coaches. He'll only get better.

The traitor on his day was good, but Naismith at age 23 wasn't half the player Templeton is now. He has the ability to go on and better alot of players in Scotland, not just the SPL.

Still can't believe we got him.

Naismith at 23 was double the player never mind not half. Naisy was a star player for us picking up league winners medals, cups, playing CL football. Unless I've got his age wrong (sure he's only 25 just now).

As good a player as the little git was for us latterly, there is nothing remotely world class about Naismith.

Jelavic may display flashes of brilliance on occasion; however, neither is he in the world class bracket.

I think I might have seen something in the region of five or six truly world class players play for Rangers, the aforementioned are certainly nowhere near that level.

I'm more excited about the prospect of Templeton, than I was with Naismith.

Great signing,especialy in our predicament,but to put him on a par with Naismith is pretty premature,i have NO DOUBTS he will be as big an asset,without doubt a superb signing,and a signing that has my 12 year old son and his pals excited,that for me is a massive bonus....

Loved Naismith. Had balls, talent and was a Rangers man. WAS a Rangers man. So let down by him.

But... Templeton is one the finest young talents Scotland has produced in years.. And he said F*ck the SPL -- I'm going to Div 3 and play for The Rangers. Oh... and he's a terrific football player too.

Can win a match by himself. Naismith can't. We need David Cooper Templeton..and I gather in some ways, he needs us. A win win here. Just a gut feeling. 00000042.gif

As good a player as the little git was for us latterly, there is nothing remotely world class about Naismith.

Jelavic may display flashes of brilliance on occasion; however, neither is he in the world class bracket.

I think I might have seen something in the region of five or six truly world class players play for Rangers, the aforementioned are certainly nowhere near that level.

Name yours-I Have personally seen two De Boers, Gazza,Laudrup, Souness, Numan and DC-that is within watching the last three decades there are more.........

Name yours-I Have personally seen two De Boers, Gazza,Laudrup, Souness, Numan and DC-that is within watching the last three decades there are more.........

I mean in saying that, world class while playing for Rangers. I'd agree the likes of the De Boers were world class, though to me they were both well past their prime from the likes of the 1995 Ajax team. I'm not being pedantic, that was just what I was meaning.

It's all about opinions, I'm just of the mind that terms like world class and words like legend are put about far, far too much nowadays, and are a mile away from being true in many instances.

As for my picks, I'll think tomorrow as I'm knackered and incase we get a Temps hatrick :craphead: