How long will it continue against Black?

Gaz92

Sorry, just don't see it that way. Midfield combatants are going to get hurt. And as far as "the tackle on him today", nothing wrong with it in my opinion. Its all part of the game.

I actually didn't think there was a bad tackle in the entire game, despite Burley leading a one man campaign to have MacLeod charged post match. The ref was just fucking incompetent, as most of them are.

Agreed.

You don't think that Black is being targeted, as in "let's have a dig, see how he'll react as we know what he's like"?

Hand on heart, no.

To be honest, I've been surprised at the lack of phsicality in the games so far. I thought the opposition would attempt far more digs than they have to-date.

He is impeccable. So much better than he gets credit for it's unreal.

You are right Jamie, and it's his "short fuse" or the fact he can often put in a tough challenge that people really associate with him. They media all talk about that, and what he's like as a person rather than his skill.

They don't pick up on the fact that he has a touch of class about him with the ball at his feet. Got a wicked shot on him and a great passing range. A real football brain, but of course it's his tackling that gets their attention.

You are right Jamie, and it's his "short fuse" or the fact he can often put in a tough challenge that people really associate with him. They media all talk about that, and what he's like as a person rather than his skill.

They don't pick up on the fact that he has a touch of class about him with the ball at his feet. Got a wicked shot on him and a great passing range. A real football brain, but of course it's his tackling that gets their attention.

Lovely disguised pass for Templeton's first. Completely wrong footed two defenders.

Hand on heart, no.

To be honest, I've been surprised at the lack of phsicality in the games so far. I thought the opposition would attempt far more digs than they have to-date.

Well not much else to talk about then really, don't understand how you can't notice the different handling of Black. It's nothing new exactly there's plenty of players in the past that have had similar treatment.

Well not much else to talk about then really, don't understand how you can't notice the different handling of Black. It's nothing new exactly there's plenty of players in the past that have had similar treatment.

You and those who think he is being targeted are clearly in the majority so I'll happily concede defeat.

I often am in the minority these days because by fuck the game I knew has changed beyond all recognition.