No Debts etc - Is it something to shout about ?

Ace

It is nothing like a credit card debt, because the first and only one to be paid in full was the bank who was owed money.

The bank debt was a long term loan (25 years) payable at £1 million plus interest each year,anyway the point i was trying to make was there is nothing honourable about the circumstances in which we are now debt free.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The bank debt was a long term loan (25 years) payable at £1 million plus interest each year,anyway the point i was trying to make was there is nothing honourable about the circumstances in which we are now debt free.

some peoples atttitude to debt and paying it back has been forever skewed by the last five/ten years with banks throwing money at people that they were never able to pay back.

some peoples atttitude to debt and paying it back has been forever skewed by the last five/ten years with banks throwing money at people that they were never able to pay back.

You always have to get your bit in abut murray...........haven't you, sorry my mistake he used his own.......didn't he10310.gif

..and customers who literally have no idea what they're doing, even after you spend an hour educating them.

I must add that in, as a banker :pipe:

The banks dont throw money at you.They offer you loans or credit cards etc,you have the final say in whether to accept them or not,everyone is responsible for the decisions they make in their personal lives.

The banks dont throw money at you.They offer you loans or credit cards etc,you have the final say in whether to accept them or not,everyone is responsible for the decisions they make in their personal lives.

You must work for a bank.

I also have this attitude. Perhaps when it gets above your everyday customer on the street, the banks are to blame, but they can't be held liable for people being clueless.

As pedantry goes that's as pointless as it gets.

People were taking credit cards and getting limits set far beyond there means (as an example) and people never paid it back and kid themselves on it's the banks fault for allowing them access to the money...

Debts should be paid back however you come by them...or maybe that's just me...

..and customers who literally have no idea what they're doing, even after you spend an hour educating them.

I must add that in, as a banker :pipe:

Maybe it's the way the banker(was tempted btw) tried to educate their customers as opposed to listening to said customer and offering (if they have the product) the correct product to suit the clients needs.............just a thought craphead2.gif

As pedantry goes that's as pointless as it gets.

People were taking credit cards and getting limits set far beyond there means (as an example) and people never paid it back and kid themselves on it's the banks fault for allowing them access to the money...

Debts should be paid back however you come by them...or maybe that's just me...

I am actually agreeing with you regarding the choices people can make in their private lives.

Also agree on debts being paid back in full however long it takes.

This statement irks me !!

While it is great that, as a club, we have no debts etc but is it really something we should be gloating about, considering how that situation came about i.e. Admin

Yes, I understand the debt lies with the previous company but to those who suffered under our Administration i.e. suppliers (local & national), they look at us playing in the same stadium etc and benefiting from Admin while they had to suffer the losses, some of which, I'm sure, could ill afford.

I am not advocating we repay all our debts from under Admin, even though we are settling our football debts (while the OldCo receives all the monies outsanding to us), that is the way of the world in business.

It's a great situation to be in but to "crow" about it .... it just doesn't sit right with me.

Pretty shameful thing to brag about if you ask me given the way we shed our debt. Green just appears to lack a bit of common decency which is a bit of a concern going forward.

So banks haven't been dragged over the coals for multiple cases of miss-selling over the last few decades with more to come out in the wash and you think the whole onus is on customers? If that was the case the banks would have no case to answer.

So banks haven't been dragged over the coals for multiple cases of miss-selling over the last few decades with more to come out in the wash and you think the whole onus is on customers? If that was the case the banks would have no case to answer.

Not defending the banks in any way but the individual is responsible for the actions they take and the decisions they make.

I personally have been offered credit cards from several banks but never applied for any as i believe in saving for anything i may need.have also been offered loans for "home improvements" "holidays" "new car" etc but managed to kindly decline their tempting offers,its all about personal responsibility.imo too many people blame others for the decisions they themselves have made.Just my own personal opinion.