AFL Finals @ Capacity MCG

Got a corporate box invite for this Friday night for the "Qualifying Final" (??) of the Aussie Rules in a game of Collingwood v Hawthorn (4 versus 1 apparently).

I normally could not give a fuck about the AFL but am pumped up about this because it is nearly a sell out crowd of 96,000 (capacity of 100,018) and is a Friday night game under lights.

Hopefully a good swally in town beforehand and then an entertaining game.

melbournecricketground7.jpg

I would have loved to have went to this. I went to a few matches when I there. Hated Collingwood :lol:

The wee black guy and the tall forward who play for Hawthorn are superb to watch. Enjoy!

That Buddy Franklin bloke has apparently been done for recreational drugs a few weeks back, or so I am told by a guy at work :craphead:

That Buddy Franklin bloke has apparently been done for recreational drugs a few weeks back, or so I am told by a guy at work :craphead:

That's him :lol:

Should be a cracking night, the way the fans sit together is priceless. The Collingwood fans were getting absolute pelters when I went and this was from people only a few rows away from each other :lol:

This will be a cracking night at the G. I'm not a huge fan of AFL as a spectator sport but occasions like this are brilliant. Collingwood fans provide a bit of atmosphere too!

Just shout "ball" every 10 seconds or so to blend in.

I was actually born in Oz and have spent just over half my total time on earth living here but this will be my first game ever :lol:

Have been to the G for plenty of real football and cricket just not AFL which will be fun to explain to my hosts tomorrow night - will use the "baaaaaaalllllll" tip I think.

Also been told calling players you don't like "tip rats" is the done thing.

"BAAAAAAAAALLLLLL YA FUCKEN TIPRAT!" - sorted :uk:

I was actually born in Oz and have spent just over half my total time on earth living here but this will be my first game ever :lol:

Have been to the G for plenty of real football and cricket just not AFL which will be fun to explain to my hosts tomorrow night - will use the "baaaaaaalllllll" tip I think.

Also been told calling players you don't like "tip rats" is the done thing.

"BAAAAAAAAALLLLLL YA FUCKEN TIPRAT!" - sorted :uk:

"Tip Rats" is a nickname of only one certain St Kilda player who was charged with rape (acquitted). Tip Rats is an anagram...

Also, we got tickets for around 20AUD because they were suppose to be restricted view but in no way was our view restricted. There was a cameraman a few feet away that's about it. I think it was this fixture I went to earlier in the season, actually.

The beer inside the MCG is awful :anguish:

Just in from the game, Hawthorn by 38. Hard sport to watch that one, no rhythm or flow to it, very stop/start. Can't say I loved it. :lol:

Great athleticism though.

Yeah completely agree. I'm impressed by it but not absorbed. Great occasion though.

Fat fuck fenian president of Collingwood. Rich and powerful now but originally from the schemes so the public love the cunt. Family was from Glasgow originally.

Rich yes powerful not really its only a pissy we game that's only realy played in three states......plus i REALY hate the chunt,now only if he would walk in front of my bus................