Is David Templeton the first ever Rangers player...

superally07

to be named after a former legend ?

When I was at the Elgin game I thought it was pretty special to have someone on the pitch named after the great Davie Cooper, I'm not old enough to of seen him play but I'm sure he would of been looking down a very proud man.

Has there ever been anyone else named after a great? and do you think will we be seeing a few 'Nacho Novo Robertsons' or the likes in the future lol :-)

i remember there was a guy called Paul Zico Jones who used to play in english lower leagues.. used to make me laugh becuase he was completley useless, and had the first touch of Oscar Pistorius.

His name is Ryan-Zico Black, currently playing for Guernsey!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan-Zico_Black

I wasn't sure if the Davie Cooper salute was intentional with Templeton although, nonetheless, it's still a great name for a Rangers player to have.

Since I don't want to start a new thread with this question I thought this would be the best place to ask:

I heard Templeton was a Celtic fan (hence the reason why I wasn't so sure of the intention behind the name). Is this true or just more spiteful tripe coming from "supporters" of other teams?

I wasn't sure if the Davie Cooper salute was intentional with Templeton although, nonetheless, it's still a great name for a Rangers player to have.

Since I don't want to start a new thread with this question I thought this would be the best place to ask:

I heard Templeton was a Celtic fan (hence the reason why I wasn't so sure of the intention behind the name). Is this true or just more spiteful tripe coming from "supporters" of other teams?

An interesting question. I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned before :craphead:

He is quoted as saying his mother was one of them, and had followed them since the age of 5 when his father left.

An interesting question. I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned before :craphead:

He is named after the legend that is Davie Cooper.

His dads side big rangers men, however mum and dad split and he was brought up by his celtic minded mothers side, which left him following the mhanks through his younger years.

Been playing football for so many years, he claims to support no team as never had the time to actually attend these games.

Mums side = Mhanks

Dads side = Brethern

His dads side big rangers men, however mum and dad split and he was brought up by his celtic minded mothers side, which left him following the mhanks through his younger years.

Been playing football for so many years, he claims to support no team as never had the time to actually attend these games.

Mums side = Mhanks

Dads side = Brethern

hows that wikipedia working out for you?

to be named after a former legend ?

When I was at the Elgin game I thought it was pretty special to have someone on the pitch named after the great Davie Cooper, I'm not old enough to of seen him play but I'm sure he would of been looking down a very proud man.

Has there ever been anyone else named after a great? and do you think will we be seeing a few 'Nacho Novo Robertsons' or the likes in the future lol :-)

I saw Davie Cooper play hunners of times. One of his specialties was to score by bending the ball in from a corner..... :21:

Mums side = Mhanks

Dads side = Brethern

Just about right my mate knows the family both sides.