Top level players

markem

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh and the left back at Spurs Eccoto (sp) he is an awful player and if Spurs want to improve their position in the league a better one is needed failing that drop Bale left back and get another winger could be the solution.

Is Baines a LB?

I saw Theo Walcott live for the first time on Saturday and his poor footballing brain is even more evident at a live game. Especially compared to Oxlade-Chamberlain who is a prefect example of everything that is wrong with Walcott.

The other one for me would be Gerrard over the last 15 months. He is miles off the pace, and forces play far too often. I genuinely think Liverpool will struggle to rebuild while he is the focal point of their midfield.

I saw Theo Walcott live for the first time on Saturday and his poor footballing brain is even more evident at a live game. Especially compared to Oxlade-Chamberlain who is a prefect example of everything that is wrong with Walcott.

The other one for me would be Gerrard over the last 15 months. He is miles off the pace, and forces play far too often. I genuinely think Liverpool will struggle to rebuild while he is the focal point of their midfield.

Agree with these two.

Gerard is slowing down at the top level, but even in his pomp I think he would have struggled to play in that sort of tiki-taka style of football simply because his game isn't "elegant" enough. It's always been quite smash mouth, in your face and aggressive if you get what I mean?

This thread. :anguish:

You have some people saying that Ozil, Rooney and Modric aren't top level players and then somebody saying Spurs could solve their problems by signing Baines, despite being unaware of what his position is.

I asked if he was a LB as I though this was the case.

He is a quality player.

But aye ok...

Agree with these two.

Gerard is slowing down at the top level, but even in his pomp I think he would have struggled to play in that sort of tiki-taka style of football simply because his game isn't "elegant" enough. It's always been quite smash mouth, in your face and aggressive if you get what I mean?

Definitely, if anything his style of play was the opposite of tika-taka in many ways. Having said that he had his best years before tika-taka had risen to prominence and become considered the elite way to play.

It really is.

I honestly think people who continue to bring up Busquets in these threads are either confusing his personality for his ability or else they are actually mentally deficient.

He's an utter dick sometimes, but I absolutely love him as a player. He's a more tactically disciplined, taller and dirtier version of Xavi.

He'll be in the Barcelona team for years to come.