Annan pitch caused Temps injury claim Rangers

ray

I'm surprised McCoist said he doesn't let his 'senior' players play on the artifical pitch at Auchehowie given that we (he) knows that there are plastic pitches in the Third Division.

I'm not surprised by anything going on with regards to coaching and management at Rangers anymore. :anguish:

The 3g pitch may have played a part in the injury, but to say there shouldn't be games played on it because of injury is as daft as saying if a player catches his studs on a grass pitch, that games should no longer be played on grass.

If we know we are going to be playing a match on 3g we should have the guys training on it so they can judge movement, turns, pace of the ball traveling over the surface etc so they aren't caught out on matchday, that seems to me to be simple preparation. You wouldn't expect to get through a game against a team who deploy a 6ft 3 target man and the long ball without working on facing that during the week at training, what's the difference here?

Most continental clubs that are installing artificial surfaces are using 4G pitches. Annans financial situation would have dictated what kind of surface they could afford.

Local amateur team use a 3G pitch 2 or 3 times a season, and it does put extra stress on ankles and knees particularly when turning quickly.

Surprised AMC didn't have us train on it leading up to the game tbh.

Hearts (SFL3 feeder club) (SFL3 feeder club) (SFL3 feeder club)

Edit : Just had to reply with the word Hearts (SFL3 feeder club) (SFL3 feeder club) to see if RM automatically added the Hearts (SFL3 feeder club) (SFL3 feeder club).

:sherlock:

How pathetic that is.

I'm surprised McCoist said he doesn't let his 'senior' players play on the artifical pitch at Auchehowie given that we (he) knows that there are plastic pitches in the Third Division.

It would have made more sense to get used to them.

It also sends out a subliminal message to the young bucks that they are more expendable as I take it 'they' are let play on the astroturf at our training complex??? <cr>

Why take them to Annan for a "practise" game rather than use the pitch at our state of the art complex, which costs a fortune to maintain and run.

If Super actually said, that he didny allow the first team to prepare on the 3g surface at Auchenhowie , on the build up to the annan game , he better go and see the doctor ffs , that is hard to believe if we never even trained on that surface prior to the match , anyone have a picture of the boots/ footwear that Temps was actually wearing when the injury occured ?

Brilliant , Pips wearing Copas and Temps has bloody Nike CTR'S on (?) ,If it is , it wouldny have been my choice of footwear to wear on that pitch

article-0-1507947A000005DC-447_634x398.jpg

Hearts (SFL3 feeder club) (SFL3 feeder club) (SFL3 feeder club)

Edit : Just had to reply with the word Hearts (SFL3 feeder club) (SFL3 feeder club) to see if RM automatically added the Hearts (SFL3 feeder club) (SFL3 feeder club).

:sherlock:

Me to. Hearts (SFL3 feeder club)

I personally don't mind 3G surfaces but I know exactly how Templeton feels after doing exactly the same thing last night in a match. I hope he isn't out for too long, it's anyones guess really, but I think we are looking at 2-3 months, but hopefully the excellent medical staff we have can speed up his recovery.

Anyone else experienced this type of injury on this surface?

I personally don't mind 3G surfaces but I know exactly how Templeton feels after doing exactly the same thing last night in a match. I hope he isn't out for too long, it's anyones guess really, but I think we are looking at 2-3 months, but hopefully the excellent medical staff we have can speed up his recovery.

Anyone else experienced this type of injury on this surface?

Not personally, I find them much better for my already knackered knees.

I spend 3-4 hours a week playing on them. I lose a lot of skin from slide tackling like as if it's going out of fashion, but it's a lot less stressful on the joints, tendons and muscles.

That's just me though, we're all built differently.

Not personally, I find them much better for my already knackered knees.

I spend 3-4 hours a week playing on them. I lose a lot of skin from slide tackling like as if it's going out of fashion, but it's a lot less stressful on the joints, tendons and muscles.

That's just me though, we're all built differently.

I quite like them. I can see why some people don't though. Let's hope Temps is back sooner rather than later. WATP.