Serious question after today's events

wronglypenalised

I'm glad that after the incident with Stirling Albion's secretary and his use of sectarian terms has been dealt with promptly and with no little dignity from the Club, but I have to ask;

For all on here who complained/emailed/got in touch with media outlets about the use of "h**" and it's general acceptance by Scottish society, are we going to start self policing on here to eradicate those terms labelled sectarian?

We can't have our cake and eat it, and if we are going to be proactive in getting the message out that we won't accept being called "H***" then we must make sure that we keep our noses clean as well, otherwise there will just be this constant back and forth complaining at everyone without it ever being dealt with.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Massive difference between us here and someone operating in an official capacity for a football club.

It's called professionalism.

Exactly its not as if Malcolm Murray comes on and abuses other teams it was not a fan issue.

Strange first thought for a Rangers man from the OP.

Massive difference between us here and someone operating in an official capacity for a football club.

But do you not see the irony in complaining about sectarian terms being used when it could be traced back to users using it openly on a forum?

It's like screaming at the referee for not giving a penalty for you and then when the same incident occurs in the other box you scream that it's never a penalty. If you want to treat this objectively then imo we have to cut it out as well, otherwise we would just come across as being hypocritical.

I'm glad that after the incident with Stirling Albion's secretary and his use of sectarian terms has been dealt with promptly and with no little dignity from the Club, but I have to ask;

For all on here who complained/emailed/got in touch with media outlets about the use of "h**" and it's general acceptance by Scottish society, are we going to start self policing on here to eradicate those terms labelled sectarian?

We can't have our cake and eat it, and if we are going to be proactive in getting the message out that we won't accept being called "H***" then we must make sure that we keep our noses clean as well, otherwise there will just be this constant back and forth complaining at everyone without it ever being dealt with.

Your spot on here. Some people dont realise how ridiculous it is to kid on the are outrgaed by his comments but use as bad or worse terms for other people.

Some people are getting as bad as c*ltic fans for their kid on outrage and offence.

Also, we can have a laugh, banter and call those mhanky chunts all the bheggars and bheasts we like here in our living room forum to each other as is our ilk.

However if a member of the Gers board did that then alarm bells would ring as it did with Stirling Albion fans.

I can say I fucking hate traffic wardens cos they are cunts, but if a Council Manager said that sort of thing in public then he'd be in the shit...

It's knowing what the boundaries are in relation to the position you hold either for pay or as an honour. Hi remit was to work FOR SAFC and act in their best interests, not cost them money and face.

so why the fuck is David Murray still a Sir? hmm so many cans too many worms

But do you not see the irony in complaining about sectarian terms being used when it could be traced back to users using it openly on a forum?

It's like screaming at the referee for not giving a penalty for you and then when the same incident occurs in the other box you scream that it's never a penalty. If you want to treat this objectively then imo we have to cut it out as well, otherwise we would just come across as being hypocritical.

I do this all the time :blush:

Please spare me that nonsense!

I knew as I was starting the thread that someone would try to start that.

It seems you want to turn a positive into a negative obviously posters are going to wonder why.

As pointed out it wasnt a fan or ordinary supporter who did this even supporters not Rangers fans using the site told him he was out of order.

Also, we can have a laugh, banter and call those mhanky chunts all the bheggars and bheasts we like here in our living room forum to each other as is our ilk.

However if a member of the Gers board did that then alarm bells would ring as it did with Stirling Albion fans.

I can say I fucking hate traffic wardens cos they are cunts, but if a Council Manager said that sort of thing in public then he'd be in the shit...

It's knowing what the boundaries are in relation to the position you hold either for pay or as an honour. Hi remit was to work FOR SAFC and act in their best interests, not cost them money and face.

so why the fuck is David Murray still a Sir? hmm so many cans too many worms

So its ok for us to do, but if the big bad stirling albion secretary does it then we should all be outraged? Utter pish

I'm not going to argue against the general validity of your post but I will make two comments:

1) The man was a club official.

2) The reason for our fans complaining results from what began some time ago as a witch-hunt aimed at only Rangers fans. This is clearly a case of seeking a level playing field.

In England the 'sectarianism' myth doesn't exist. I would seriously recommend England to anyone (tu)

Spent 20 years there mate with my work, but they don't do banter too well either lol, also they are pretty poor at sarcasm, not on the scale of the septic tanks but not in weegie fashion.

Forgot to say before, I applaud SAFC for their prompt action and statement.

:praise:

It seems you want to turn a positive into a negative obviously posters are going to wonder why.

As pointed out it wasnt a fan or ordinary supporter who did this even supporters not Rangers fans using the site told him he was out of order.

In your eyes it looks like that, in my eyes it's trying to deal with the situation in an objective manner.

If it were up to me we'd be able to shout/sing/scream what we want at the football. Times have changed though, and we have been singled out first for getting punished therefore I see this acceptance of "h**" as unacceptable, which in turn means we still have to watch what we say.

Might be different from what you think but don't just disregard it with the ever so obvious questioning of the OP, hats off to you though - at least you didn't do the classic "sniff sniff"

So its ok for us to do, but if the big bad stirling albion secretary does it then we should all be outraged? Utter pish

We as individual football supporters don't have a responsibility other than to ourselves, in any case I was only genuinely angry about the lies he told about our last visit and implications thatwe only go to cause trouble. Something his own press officer entirely refuted and chairman went out of his way to apologise for.

Why would his chairman apologise if nothing had been done wrong?

again, its not what you say it's how much of a bad idea at is for you as the individual to say it

In your eyes it looks like that, in my eyes it's trying to deal with the situation in an objective manner.

If it were up to me we'd be able to shout/sing/scream what we want at the football. Times have changed though, and we have been singled out first for getting punished therefore I see this acceptance of "h**" as unacceptable, which in turn means we still have to watch what we say.

Might be different from what you think but don't just disregard it with the ever so obvious questioning of the OP, hats off to you though - at least you didn't do the classic "sniff sniff"

Seems theres two things being talked about seperately.

h** (name calling)

Behaviour of Rangers fans (Generalisations)

I don't particulary care for being called a h**, but can't say I really give two fucks although I'd ask if people are going to hammer Chic Green for using the word bigot, then whats good for the goose is good for the gander. They were both club officials.

I don't like the fact that this guy painted us as a lot of knuckle dragging thugs in isolation, not as is more accurate that ALL clubs will have a knuckle dragger element or in Aberdeens case a sheep shagging element.

I dont think times have changed, times have changed for Rangers supporters would be more to the point as i dont see anyone else songs or traditions being lambasted.

I think their club official like most see us as a club who can be smeared in the media and on messageboards without any action taken, maybe this will make him and others think again.

Absolute dross.I am not a director or chairman of a football club therefore I do not have the responsibility of behaving in a manner that shows that club in good light

Yes you do. Supporting the club means you have a responsibility. We cannot be two faced about this. Leave that to timothy.

I dont think times have changed, times have changed for Rangers supporters would be more to the point as i dont see anyone else songs or traditions being lambasted.

I think their club official like most see us as a club who can be smeared in the media and on messageboards without any action taken, maybe this will make him and others think again.

Agreed but i think that tide will turn - i dont think the days are too far away where the diddy clubs fans will be under more scrutiny.

We as individual football supporters don't have a responsibility other than to ourselves, in any case I was only genuinely angry about the lies he told about our last visit and implications thatwe only go to cause trouble. Something his own press officer entirely refuted and chairman went out of his way to apologise for.

Why would his chairman apologise if nothing had been done wrong?

again, its not what you say it's how much of a bad idea at is for you as the individual to say it

Nobody said what he did wasnt wrong. The point is that your double standards are laughable. Its ok for you to do it on a fans forum but not him? What makes you think you should be allowed to do something that someone else isnt allowed to regardless of what his position is.