Derek Johnstone has his say.

ray

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

people are crazy harsh on him. Calling him a fat cunt etc, shocking! So what he works for Clyde and criticised us after Villareal and Manchester, woop de fucking woo!!

Outstanding player for us who knew how to slay the tims.

I never used the word fat.................and did not disparage his footballing abilities, just an opinion as to my thoughts on him as a man biggrin.gif

You have just called Ally that. So tell me because johnstone is a leg-end in your eyes, people should be banned.

I called Ally a cunt? Seriously? Link please or your telling porkies.

Johnstone was a great player for Rangers and should be treated with respect like all other ex and current Rangers' servants. What did he do that's so wrong he gets called a cunt or fat fucker?

All I ask from moderators is consistency.

Johnstone was a great player for Rangers and should be treated with respect like all other ex and current Rangers'. What did he do that's so wrong he gets called a cunt or fat fucker?

Have you been living under a rock this past year or something?

DJ has done nothing to stop people sticking the boot in on his radio outings and at times agreeing with them, he has done hee haw in terms of standing up for this club so please save me the legend who deserves respect tag.

You earn respect and since admin this man has had his tail between his legs instead of sticking his chest out and fighting the corner like Ally and few others.

Johnstone was a great player for Rangers and should be treated with respect like all other ex and current Rangers'. What did he do that's so wrong he gets called a cunt or fat fucker?

Ally a cunt yesterday. taken from post 22 rolleyes.gif So because someone pulls on the jersey he should be treated with respect and even when they have left the club, taking this to extremes and ex player could go round taking money off old folk yet still be treated with respect because he was lucky enough to pull on our jersey...................they will get my backing when they play..........but johnstone has never really defended the club and I do stand by the use of ponce re him.

His performances for our team are different are not to mean that he is a great guy.

Totally agree with him. For those calling him all sorts, what exactly has he said wrong in this interview? Why don't you agree with?

IMHO , DJ is in it for DJ...nothing more nothing less. Spare me the Rangers Great / Legend lecture. He went so 'neutral' in his radio stints that i thought D stood for Declan. The hyprocisy shone through when he would pen his weekly Rangers News column and be the big Rangers man , telling all the enemies a thing or too...then on his RC slot he would contradict himself and go the complete opposite. The man has no backbone as far as i am concerned and with the Real Radio phone-in gone , he has got to be getting his next meal ticket from somewhere. Sorry...just my feeling and thoughts. No ill feeling , just wish the gravy train mob would feck off!

Ah for the distinct class of yesteryear, shown by all at The Rangers.

One of the great Gers captains, Eric Caldow, lost the captaincy in odd circumstances while Rangers embarked on the famous tour of Russia at the end of season 61/62. Caldow and 4 team-mates opted to go to the British Embassy in Moscow after their first match so that they could indulge in some “decent food and drink” rather than suffer a post-match “banquet” with their Russian hosts. His manager, Scot Symon, said nothing at the time but at the start of the next season his “punishment” was meted out by Symon. As the squad lined up for its pre-season official photo the manager simply handed the ball to Bobby Shearer, indicating that he was now the club captain. No words were exchanged by any of the parties concerned but everyone knew where they stood. Talk about tough times! Nowadays the player’s agent would be hammering at the manager’s door, looking for a transfer for his client – or an increase in wages!

Cunt will say and do anything for a few bob.....................you ponce johnstone.............how much did his creditors get when he shut down his building business?

Go and hump your sloppy seconds from dung young.

That's an utterly absurd thing to say considering we just shafted numerous creditors ourselves only a few months back. :anguish:.

Not sure why the aggression towards dj? Article says pretty much what we have all been saying and isn't unfair. What am I missing?

The article is spot on in what it says but DJ has been as quiet as a mouse when it came to defending our club during the last year. Some of the things he was saying on the radio sickened me after what the club done for him

Cunts of the world: Neil Lennon, Glitterdome (the building is a cunt), Phil 3 names, Andy Walker, the genitalia between ladies legs (that's a good cunt though).

Not a cunt of the world: Derek Johnstone (he scored 132 goals for Rangers. Anyone who scores that amount for their team is not a cunt).

Cunts of the world: Neil Lennon, Glitterdome (the building is a cunt), Phil 3 names, Andy Walker, the genitalia between ladies legs (that's a good cunt though).

Not a cunt of the world: Derek Johnstone (he scored 132 goals for Rangers. Anyone who scores that amount for their team is not a cunt).

Ffs.......who is talking about johnstone the player heredoh.gif' alt='default_f_doh.gif' alt='doh'>.gif'>

All I can remember about DJ is he scored goals for Rangers and was a great help in us winning trophies.

What he's done since as a semi-journo playing the straight man to Rough's shite comments on snyde, was not so good, but he's saying it like it is here and I think it's a true representation of what's what in the team today.

I'm particulary disappointed in Dean Sheils performance the other night.

biggrin.gif

I don't think anyone (myself) included said a bad word against Johnstone the player...........it was johnstone the man /ex player that many have their gripe with.

I know what you're saying, but taken as a whole (albeit a very fat 'whole'), 'cunt' should be banded about for those who truly deserve it. :sherlock:

DJ may have burned your bridges he hasn't burnt any of mine, a Rangers legend in every sense of the word from his first cup final goal at 16 years old and a winning one at that and onwards.

You're not alone in that.

It's always best to try and ignore the personalities behind the player if the personality irritates. Goram is a prime example for me.

Not that Johnstone irritates me, I've seen him often enough at charitable events doing the right thing for example.

And, as a player, I loved the big guy.