Derek Johnstone has his say.

ray

biggrin.gif

I don't think anyone (myself) included said a bad word against Johnstone the player...........it was johnstone the man /ex player that many have their gripe with.

I remember one night at Arrochar (of all places) at a charity event to raise money for cancer. None of the organisers had much (if anything) to do with football.

Johnstone was there with Walter, Murdo McLeod and Ally was supposed to be there. Big DJ just stepped up to tide things over in his absence. He was warm, affable, humorous and generous with his time.

I just can't fault it.

You're saying DJ isn't perfect? Who the fuck is?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember one night at Arrochar (of all places) at a charity event to raise money for cancer. None of the organisers had much (if anything) to do with football.

Johnstone was there with Walter, Murdo McLeod and Ally was supposed to be there. Big DJ just stepped up to tide things over in his absence. He was warm, affable, humorous and generous with his time.

I just can't fault it.

You're saying DJ isn't perfect? Who the fuck is?

Well .......................................me biggrin.gif

You're not alone in that.

It's always best to try and ignore the personalities behind the player if the personality irritates. Goram is a prime example for me.

Not that Johnstone irritates me, I've seen him often enough at charitable events doing the right thing for example.

And, as a player, I loved the big guy.

(tu)

He was certainly a legend in the making as a youngster with a winning goal in an Old Firm final at 16 and a ECWC medal nineteen months later. I think he seemed to lose his way a bit after Jock Wallace left in 1978, and tried to make himself bigger than the club with his egotistical demands and I never regarded him in the same light afterwards.

As a pundit on the radio, I have never been sure if he just wasn't smart enough to pick up the anti-Rangers agenda peddled by Cooney, Keevins and Co or if he just didn't give a shit and agreed with them because they were paying his wages.

It is obscene that this thread has become a combo of a character assassination and also defence of character of DJ

The guy has written a good honest column and I don't think anyone can really dispute what he has said.

To see him being called all sorts by so called bears just because he is not saying all is great (when we know fine well that it is not) is disgusting on the part of any true Rangers fan.

IMHO , DJ is in it for DJ...nothing more nothing less. Spare me the Rangers Great / Legend lecture. He went so 'neutral' in his radio stints that i thought D stood for Declan. The hyprocisy shone through when he would pen his weekly Rangers News column and be the big Rangers man , telling all the enemies a thing or too...then on his RC slot he would contradict himself and go the complete opposite. The man has no backbone as far as i am concerned and with the Real Radio phone-in gone , he has got to be getting his next meal ticket from somewhere. Sorry...just my feeling and thoughts. No ill feeling , just wish the gravy train mob would feck off!

Does tht make what he said in the interview untrue? No matter what you think of him as a person his comment on the current situation imo is true.

He is not saying anything that hasn't been written in the many Rangers forums. What he has done is taken many of the comments from Rangers fans and turned them into a newspaper article for which he is getting paid.

That said, nowhere in his article is he wrong? Had he been wrong he would have been 'slaughtered' on here. People are unable to attack the article itself so they launch into personal diatribes against the writer.

He is not saying anything that hasn't been written in the many Rangers forums. What he has done is taken many of the comments from Rangers fans and turned them into a newspaper article for which he is getting paid.

That said, nowhere in his article is he wrong? Had he been wrong he would have been 'slaughtered' on here. People are unable to attack the article itself so they launch into personal diatribes against the writer.

Didn't matter what he said......the man is a waste of space.

DJ is NOT a cunt!

He used the Tim defeating header of power in attack and defence for Rangers and they hated him for it. If you don’t like him, fine, use other terms. He is not a cunt.

That word when talking about people is reserved for the Porkhead bunch and those they pimp. (Except for humour on here when talking to fellow bears). Used in anger please reserve it for the bead rattlers.

Not in my mind is he a great Rangers servant as you put it..............guy is a ponce and only appears positive about the club when freebies are on the horizon. And let's not kid ourselves that the man is anything other than a cunt.

I couldn't give a fuck about what in your mind you consider to be great servant of the club. As far as I'm concerned DJ was exactly that. So 14 years of service to the club and many important performances and goals don't add up to being a good servant? Pfftt.

I couldn't give a fuck about what in your mind you consider to be great servant of the club. As far as I'm concerned DJ was exactly that. So 14 years of service to the club and many important performances and goals don't add up to being a good servant? Pfftt.

He was a place and re servant.............what has he given to the name of Rangers since he left..............you really do need to read what is being said in relation to him.............no=one on this thread has slagged him for the player he was.........I from my point have made remarks as to the man he is, not as the player.

Sorry that you can't understand that. And not giving a fuck about my mind as you so eloquently put it.........well you did!!! as you replied to my post.........have no problems with that..........after all it is a forum of opinions.biggrin.gif

He was a place and re servant.............what has he given to the name of Rangers since he left..............you really do need to read what is being said in relation to him.............no=one on this thread has slagged him for the player he was.........I from my point have made remarks as to the man he is, not as the player.

Sorry that you can't understand that. And not giving a fuck about my mind as you so eloquently put it.........well you did!!! as you replied to my post.........have no problems with that..........after all it is a forum of opinions.biggrin.gif

Therein lies the dilemma, does that make posters or should it, who use naughty "C" words or other such terms of endearment to describe McCoist the manager not the player immune from censure. :cgreen:

Therein lies the dilemma, does that make posters who use naughty "C" words or other such terms of endearment to describe McCoist the manager not the player immune from censure. :cgreen:

People will say what they want to say...................I said johnstone was that and at no time did I refer to him as to my thoughts of him in that way as a player........in the words of the great Curtis Mayfield ..................keep on keeping on .........but(yip) this guy will not bite Raytongue.gif

Whilst the man has the right to an opinion most on here will feel his refusal to support the club when it was sorely needed means he should not have an opinion at all when it comes to our club.

He has been in a position working the radio stations where he could have been a supportive voice but refused, that's enough for me to not rate him.

People will say what they want to say...................I said johnstone was that and at no time did I refer to him as to my thoughts of him in that way as a player........in the words of the great Curtis Mayfield ..................keep on keeping on .........but(yip) this guy will not bite Raytongue.gif

It is nothing to do with biting it is to do with selective censure on the abuse of team legends, what is good for DJ is good for anyone else, Alastair has been known to have been less than stellar in his off field antics in days gone by, no Rangers player past or present should ever be addressed as a CUNT, it betrays such a lack of decorum. :cgreen:

It is nothing to do with biting it is to do with selective censure on the abuse of team legends, what is good for DJ is good for anyone else, Alastair has been known to have been less than stellar in his off field antics in days gone by, no Rangers player past or present should ever be addressed as a CUNT, it betrays such a lack of decorum. :cgreen:

To use an oft used 21st century word.........whatever. You really have to get used to the fact , that because someone played for us makes him a great guy.

To use an oft used 21st century word.........whatever. You really have to get used to the fact , that because someone played for us makes him a great guy.

Exactly, clearly Ray has not been aware of DJ’s actions since we entered administration or should I say lack of actions….

His conduct on that radio show was nothing short of disgraceful for a former Ranger but why some are confusing this for people questioning his standing as a player I will never know…

I understand just fine thanks. Maybe you should try reading your own posts though. You already dismissed someone who said DJ had been a great servant to the club and all I've seen from you since then is back tracking. If you consider a man who in my eyes is a Rangers legend, having watched him since 1975, to be a cunt then so be it. Please don't try to distance yourself from that with some mealy mouthed shite about "not slagging the player he was". If referring to distinguished ex players as cunts is your bag then crack on.

I understand just fine thanks. Maybe you should try reading your own posts though. You already dismissed someone who said DJ had been a great servant to the club and all I've seen from you since then is back tracking. If you consider a man who in my eyes is a Rangers legend, having watched him since 1975, to be a cunt then so be it. Please don't try to distance yourself from that with some mealy mouthed shite about "not slagging the player he was". If referring to distinguished ex players as cunts is your bag then crack on.

ffs high light the post where I said he was a dud as a player.......................................the man is a cunt .the man does not the player make.....or if you like the player does not the man make.

Fuck me if a player had walked into a bar and shot 5 people then.....it would be alright because he was an ex-player..............see that's highlighting the silly way you have taken this.................I am at the age that follow followed Rangers from(and before) when he broke into the team and was an instant hit...................but as a man later in life well ................

Again show me the post I slagged him as a player or quite frankly give it a rest.

DJ is NOT a cunt!

He used the Tim defeating header of power in attack and defence for Rangers and they hated him for it. If you don’t like him, fine, use other terms. He is not a cunt.

That word when talking about people is reserved for the Porkhead bunch and those they pimp. (Except for humour on here when talking to fellow bears). Used in anger please reserve it for the bead rattlers.

Your right a cunt is a useful thing