The Final Straw ?

North Rd

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

McCoist knows that its not working, the worry is that he doesnt seem to know how to change it!

He has now admitted as much which is scandalous in itself.

“I’m at a loss to explain it,” said McCoist. “If the problem was clearly evident to us then I would eradicate it."

What an admission. :anguish:

We also participate in 3 domestic cups, one of which only involves lower league clubs. Winning that should be an absolute bare minimum. The other 2, given our financial advantage over every other club in the country, we should be expected to win too. Is that asking too much? What i am saying is, just getting us out of this league will be no great achievement, it is a given, there is a much bigger picture and much more to play for.

we won nothing in 2004. That was after huge spending never seen before by a club in scotland and having won the treble in 2003.

We won the league cup in 2005 but not the league or Scottish cup.

Won heehaw again in 2006. or 2007.

Now, compare what McCoist has to work with compared tho the seasons i've mentioned. A team put together practically from scratch, and players we've conjoured up from the SPL wilderness who were willing to come down to the 4th tier. And a bunch of youngsters.

The cup comptetitions were never stick ons at the heights of our success - so it's beyond me why anyone thinks they would be now after all that's happened.

And we're still in the big 2 cups, by the end of the month we could be down to the last 4. Much, much better Rangers teams than this one have been dumped out the cups before the quarters you know.

Lets not kid ourselves, the criteria for this season is to get promoted & a good cup run (which we look like doing).

Actually winning eiher the scottish or league cup would be a historical achievement and theres nothing to suggest we can't achieve that. We seem more sutied to playing higher level of football on betetr quality pitches. The only issue we have right now is finding the appropriate form & approach to these away day scraps vs pub teams.

He has now admitted as much which is scandalous in itself.

“I’m at a loss to explain it,” said McCoist. “If the problem was clearly evident to us then I would eradicate it."

What an admission. :anguish:

Well if thats the case then Mr green HAS to step in! (tu)

we won nothing in 2004. That was after huge spending never seen before by a club in scotland and having won the treble in 2003.

Now, compare what McCoist has to work with compared tho the seasons i've mentioned. A team put together practically from scratch, and players we've conjoured up from the SPL wilderness who were willing to come down to the 4th tier. And a bunch of youngsters.

The cup comptetitions were never stick ons at the heights of our success - so it's beyond me why anyone thinks they would be now after all that's happened.

And we're still in the big 2 cups, by the end of the month we could be down to the last 4. Much, much better Rangers teams than this one have been dumped out the cups before the quarters you know.

Lets not kid ourselves, the criteria for this season is to get promoted & a good cup run (which we look like doing).

Actually winning eiher the scottish or league cup would be a historical achievement and theres nothing to suggest we can't achieve that. We seem more sutied to playing higher level of football on betetr quality pitches. The only issue we have right now is finding the appropriate form & approach to these away day scraps vs pub teams.

Eck sent £1m on over 10 players in 2004. He was a shite manager and still is.

Year after we lost to Celtic away in the Scottish. Luck of the draw. By that time the squad was full of free transfer dross. And Eck was still shite.

Do you really want to compare Ally with PLG?

Ally got more to spend in his first season than Eck did in 2003/4 season and indeed 2004/5. He also spent a very similar amount to PLG in their respective first tranfer windows. So what is your point?

Guys like Sandaza, Shieles and Black were not in the SPL wilderness for crying out loud, they were stand outs at their respective clubs. They are top SPL players. "A bunch of youngsters" who happen to come through the best youth academy in the country. :rolleyes:

Of course they were, we didn't become the countries and indeed the worlds most successful club by neglecting domestic cups!

Luck of the draw. Had we drew Celtic away in the early rounds we would already be out.

I partially agree with your last bit. I don't believe away ties need to be a scrap. Why should we drop to their level?

What would our reaction be if this was any other manager other than Ally?

Because the guys a lengend doesn't mean he's the best of managers.

This is Ally's team he's iether not got an eye for a player or he doesn't know how to get the best out of them.

Things could swing his way in the next game and we could go on a run but if the next performance is as poor as some of our previous ones then Ally has got to look at himself.

All I'm looking for is improvement and that ain't happening...so far

What would our reaction be if this was any other manager other than Ally?

Because the guys a lengend doesn't mean he's the best of managers.

This is Ally's team he's iether not got an eye for a player or he doesn't know how to get the best out of them.

Things could swing his way in the next game and we could go on a run but if the next performance is as poor as some of our previous ones then Ally has got to look at himself.

All I'm looking for is improvement and that ain't happening...so far

Result aside, I'd say yesterday was a vast improvement on the Forres game. And arguably our best away performance of the season.

Who could turn "that" team around?

God would have a hard job. None of us enjoy watching our team being pumped by a wee diddy team but hang on... our team is a wee diddy now. How many players in the current Gers squad would you put in a normal Rangers first team?

Bottom line is, our team is pish and we can't do anything about it till the embargo is lifted.

McCoist is a tradesman with no tools, leave the guy alone!

Its a better team than any other in Scotland except possibly the mhanks and even then we only lack the stength in depth that they have.

Eck sent £1m on over 10 players in 2004. He was a shite manager and still is.

Year after we lost to Celtic away in the Scottish. Luck of the draw. By that time the squad was full of free transfer dross. And Eck was still shite.

Do you really want to compare Ally with PLG?

Ally got more to spend in his first season than Eck did in 2003/4 season and indeed 2004/5. He also spent a very similar amount to PLG in their respective first tranfer windows. So what is your point?

Guys like Sandaza, Shieles and Black were not in the SPL wilderness for crying out loud, they were stand outs at their respective clubs. They are top SPL players. "A bunch of youngsters" who happen to come through the best youth academy in the country. :rolleyes:

Of course they were, we didn't become the countries and indeed the worlds most successful club by neglecting domestic cups!

Luck of the draw. Had we drew Celtic away in the early rounds we would already be out.

I partially agree with your last bit. I don't believe away ties need to be a scrap. Why should we drop to their level?

The difference is that these managers inhereted squads that won leagues, trebles, and were regularly playing in europe.

Can you name any other manager in history who has had to deal with something like 25 players walking out? I'm sure it's perhaps happened before but i cant think of an example. Not to mention they didnt even have a pre-season.

andaza is not a top SPL player, and these guys were out of contract. Had lower end premiership teams or championship clubs came calling for them, we wouldn't be signing them.

I hate to defend this dross we've seen lately, but some people need to get a grip on reality. We don't just magically become a good TEAM because we have some proven individuals and wear the blue of Rangers. It takes time, and lets not forget, it's 11 men vs 11 men, regardless of your concept of the gulf in class which exists.

And i've made this point on here before, the difference in class, club size, resources & wage bill is probably comparable to Barcelona vs the likes of Hercules & Vallodolid who they regularly face in the league/cups. But, even though they are the best team probably of all time, they still become victim to the occasional upset in the typical '1 chance 1 goal', 'not your day' type games.

What will the anti-mccoist brigade be feeling if our performances improve between now and christmas, if i were still in the mix for the cups & comfortably at the top of the Div 3 table?

I dont buy this excuse that McCoist had no money and his team walked out etc.

Yes he lost a shed load of players but we knew we would be playing in the 3rd division, as such we dont need that big a squad.

Green then gave him x amount of money to spend on wages and on transfers(As seen by templeton) and he brought in

Black(stand out player for Hearts (SFL3 feeder club) last season)

Shiels(arguably killies best player last season)

Sandaza(14 goals and Saints top scorer)

Cribari(played in Seria A for years, BEST days defiently behind him)

Faure(ex u21 international)

Argyriou(ex u21 international)

Stella(Played a few games in Italy)

That added to Andy Little, Jig and alexander on its own should walk the 3rd division with a few promising academy players.

We are playing against part timers who dont have the facilities McCoist does at his disposal and add to that they have both spl and international experience.

I dont know how people can defend ally for the team struggling so badly, we should be comfortably beating these teams, home and away and with regards to seasonal success the league and cup should

be the objectives.

Green is trying to get investment into the club...Nobody in their right mind is going to plough a ton of money into a struggling 3rd division club no matter how big the support.

1. There is no shame in failure - by any measure, McCoist is failing.

2. He has wanted the job all his life and will not want to surrender it - but I hope he loves the club enough to see that things must improve (i.e. change)

3. By his own admission, he doesn't know what to do to fix this - that comment alone should be ringing alarm bells with Charles Green.

4. The PRIORITY this season is promotion but we are entitled to expect more than scraping home, assuming we do - we are fucking Rangers FFS - I can't believe what some on here will settle for.

5. Not one of the other Div Three managers would hesitiate to swap places with McCoist - they envy his squad, his resources, his training facilities, access to his players etc.

6. His career as a legendary Rangers has bought him a ton of goodwill - McCoist has worked his way through most if not all of it - he cannot be allowed to fail indefinitely because of his past - I admire him greatly but THE CLUB IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE MAN.

Ally - many thanks for all you have done but you must know yourself it is time to move on.

Charles Green and Allys wanted to win the Ramsdens, rightfully so and both will want to win the domestic cups too. Just because you don't think they are importantt doesn't mean the club agree, that is not how the worlds most successful club operate. What is this save the club pish? Tarrier talk.

You ask any club owner and manager in public if they want to win everything they will say yes, however when you take the size/experience of our squad the realitiy is winning the title and getting promotion. As for saving the club, the club won't be safe until there is a major change at the top of scotish football. Let's say that Rangers were to have won all the cups they could this season, but failed to get promotion. Would you have thought it was a successful season? Furthermore what do you think the effect on investment that would have? You can call that "Tarrier talk" if you want, I call it being aware of the realities that of the situation the club is in.

The difference is that these managers inhereted squads that won leagues, trebles, and were regularly playing in europe.

Can you name any other manager in history who has had to deal with something like 25 players walking out? I'm sure it's perhaps happened before but i cant think of an example. Not to mention they didnt even have a pre-season.

andaza is not a top SPL player, and these guys were out of contract. Had lower end premiership teams or championship clubs came calling for them, we wouldn't be signing them.

I hate to defend this dross we've seen lately, but some people need to get a grip on reality. We don't just magically become a good TEAM because we have some proven individuals and wear the blue of Rangers. It takes time, and lets not forget, it's 11 men vs 11 men, regardless of your concept of the gulf in class which exists.

And i've made this point on here before, the difference in class, club size, resources & wage bill is probably comparable to Barcelona vs the likes of Hercules & Vallodolid who they regularly face in the league/cups. But, even though they are the best team probably of all time, they still become victim to the occasional upset in the typical '1 chance 1 goal', 'not your day' type games.

What will the anti-mccoist brigade be feeling if our performances improve between now and christmas, if i were still in the mix for the cups & comfortably at the top of the Div 3 table?

I'm with you mate - not just the players walk out - we only found out which league we'd be in abouth 2weeks before the season k.off, and then it was a mad rush to get some additional players in. And then CG told Ally that managers want of players is similar to women buying shoes ffs.

It cannot be looked at as a clear-cut, normal football pre-season/season. I'd hate to see Ally go - probably the same as 99.9% of our supporters, i think purely for Ally, we need to give him till the end of this season.

I'm with you mate - not just the players walk out - we only found out which league we'd be in abouth 2weeks before the season k.off, and then it was a mad rush to get some additional players in. And then CG told Ally that managers want of players is similar to women buying shoes ffs.

It cannot be looked at as a clear-cut, normal football pre-season/season. I'd hate to see Ally go - probably the same as 99.9% of our supporters, i think purely for Ally, we need to give him till the end of this season.

And if (god forbid) we don't win the league come the end of the season?

Lets face it most managers (never mind 3rd div) would bite your hand off for the squad and the facilitys that Ally has, to make excuses about no pre season and mad rushes is not on.

How many pre season games does it take to put a team on the field that can pass a ball to each other?

We are Rangers maybe not as strong as last season but we are still a power in Scottish football, we don't do deafeats to bottom of the league part timers.

As disappointing as this whole situation is, I am not bringing myself into panic stage yet, and I don't think that the original blog is necessarily fair to equate 'losing the fans forums' which is at best a reactive area dominated by the loudest voices (which isn't a criticism, but a reality), to 'losing the stands'. The game against Dundee back in the mid-80s was what happens when someone loses the stands, and even then Ally turned them around to go on and become the greatest striker the club has ever had.

I, for one, won't give up on him yet.

Seriously though, every time this cunt copies and pastes Bill's or someone elses work he is depriving the author of hits on their own website, I presume he is either Bill McMurdo or has written/spoken permission from bill to post his stuff on other websites?

If you want to highlight someones piece then make a topic with a title nice blog by blah blah blah and provide a link to the site so that the original author benefits from their own hard work.

If you are indeed Bill or have said permission then I apologise.

00000042.gif

forlanssister does a very good job of this on GersNet.

And Bill's back again today with a message for his old friend.

Time to Step Down, Super

by Bill McMurdo | CRO Contributor

I didn’t expect to be writing this piece but, after careful consideration, I see no other option.

I have known Ally McCoist for over twenty five years.

For a while, many moons ago, I operated as his agent – mostly doing commercial stuff and personal appearance work.No agent was ever going to get a big payday moving Super Ally from Ibrox in a big money move. For all the occasional speculation, Ally’s heart prevented him moving to another club while at the peak of his powers.

My old man also worked with Ally over the years and first introduced him to Question Of Sport. To be honest, I always thought Coisty made a bit of a prat of himself on that show, especially after watching the special out-take show a few years back.

And that is about as critical of the man as I am prepared to get, other than what I have been saying in my blogs concerning Rangers’ awful recent record under Coisty’s management.

The simple reality is that Ally McCoist is not the manager he – and legions of Rangers fans – wanted to be.

For the rest you'll have to hop over to the site. biggrin.gif

"My old man also worked with Ally over the years and first introduced him to Question Of Sport"

So is this THE Bill McMurdo who was the famous agent or is it his son who was also an agent ?

It's his son. 00000042.gif

What are you talking about? Ally himself inherited a double winning squad. The best squad and the best team in the country. He added to that and managed to get knocked out of 3 cups in a matter of weeks and blow a 9 point lead before Xmas.

25 players didn't walk out. Don't kid yourself. The club was more than happy to part with a few of them.

Guess work.

There are examples of managers the world over coming into clubs and having an instant impact with existing players, never mind bringing in their own.

The picture you paint is not hard to imagine, in fact, it is very likely. Still in the cups, we don't play the semi final until after Xmas, we will eventually run away with this league and will easily be top by Xmas and providing the draw is kind to us we will also still be in the Scottish Cup post Xmas, there is nothing to fear there.

The highlighted bits of your post are just the same old rubbish we hear when the going gets tough. They are not half wearing thin.