RFC Bloggers

Gaz92

Finally gave in and joined up to the twitter world a few weeks ago. So obviously followed up the big names from the internet worlds, the likes of Chris Graham, Bill McMurdo, the Vanguard Bears, etc.

They're always quite interesting to follow, always have an interesting point of view and are doing a good job of fighting the Rangers side. But there's something that always bugs me about them.

Are they forgetting what it's all about? From the above names, I don't think I've seen one actual view about football. Never seen them have their say on the tactics, the manager, our strengths/weaknesses etc, and I just found it all a bit weird. Of course I do concede that over the last 8 months there's been a lot more to talk about off the pitch than on it. There's been many battles to fight and topics to discuss, but I can't help but feel the seemingly intellectual wing of our support have become too wrapped up in the off field politics. It all seems a bit sad, and I think a good few people have forgotten what it is we actually follow and love, and how we got here in the first place.

As a side note, my favourite blogger is John Gow. Always got a valuable point and it's a good mixture between on and off the field topics.

Agree that sometimes reading these blogs gets you sidetracked from the football side of things.

I read some of them too Chris Graham being the guy I quite like to read.

I think its probably became a nessecity that these guys fight the good fight against the likes of McGobbledegook and the failed Lawyer etc writing to try and show us in a bad light.

The tinternet and social media has changed the game completely

Finally gave in and joined up to the twitter world a few weeks ago. So obviously followed up the big names from the internet worlds, the likes of Chris Graham, Bill McMurdo, the Vanguard Bears, etc.

They're always quite interesting to follow, always have an interesting point of view and are doing a good job of fighting the Rangers side. But there's something that always bugs me about them.

Are they forgetting what it's all about? From the above names, I don't think I've seen one actual view about football. Never seen them have their say on the tactics, the manager, our strengths/weaknesses etc, and I just found it all a bit weird. Of course I do concede that over the last 8 months there's been a lot more to talk about off the pitch than on it. There's been many battles to fight and topics to discuss, but I can't help but feel the seemingly intellectual wing of our support have become too wrapped up in the off field politics. It all seems a bit sad, and I think a good few people have forgotten what it is we actually follow and love, and how we got here in the first place.

As a side note, my favourite blogger is John Gow. Always got a valuable point and it's a good mixture between on and off the field topics.

Pick up any newspaper today and you will read a plethora of journos or ex-pros writing about our tactics, our manager, our strength and weaknesses.

Now search those same newspapers and find an article which highlights and details the many injustices being wrought upon our club.

There is your answer.

Pick up any newspaper today and you will read a plethora of journos or ex-pros writing about our tactics, our manager, our strength and weaknesses.

Now search those same newspapers and find an article which highlights and details the many injustices being wrought upon our club.

There is your answer.

It's not really.

I do understand the importance of fighting the off field battle. These guys do great jobs of highlighting certain areas and agendas and don't get me wrong, I enjoy reading them myself.

But I simply find it bizarre that I've never even read a footballing opinion from some of these people. Leggat, Chris Graham, the VB's, etc, for me, are too wrapped up in what happens off the park. For example, after the game on Saturday, all the VB's spoke about was police treatment of fans. Not even a mention of the result. Is it below them to actually talk about the football itself?

It's not really.

I do understand the importance of fighting the off field battle. These guys do great jobs of highlighting certain areas and agendas and don't get me wrong, I enjoy reading them myself.

But I simply find it bizarre that I've never even read a footballing opinion from some of these people. Leggat, Chris Graham, the VB's, etc, for me, are too wrapped up in what happens off the park. For example, after the game on Saturday, all the VB's spoke about was police treatment of fans. Not even a mention of the result. Is it below them to actually talk about the football itself?

Thats the whole point in VB though. Too keep the off field battles in the public eye.

VB do a fantastic job.

Thats the whole point in VB though. Too keep the off field battles in the public eye.

VB do a fantastic job.

Ah well, it's a state of mind I won't understand then, to publicly seemingly only take interest in what happens off the park.

Bit strange to me, but suppose they are good at what they do then.

Ah well, it's a state of mind I won't understand then, to publicly seemingly only take interest in what happens off the park.

Bit strange to me, but suppose they are good at what they do then.

They are obviously football fans as well, but they take on the fights that others in the psat (like murray) wouldn't.

Believe me, we need the Vanguard Bears.

You alluded to the reason in your post when you mentioned about there being a lot more to talk about off the park in the last 8 months.

Personally i would prefer to put out the PR and information type articles to the wide world and keep the football ones for the forums.

At this moment in time there isn't a lot of positivity regarding the football, our results or our managers performance.

I'll be honest though and say i would love to write more about football, our players, our wins, our goals, our play etc etc but the fact remains those bastards are using the media to destroy us. We have no choice but to fight fire with fire and attack them at every opportunity. Do that and silence them or at least neuter them somewhat and we then stand a better chance of talking more about football.

You alluded to the reason in your post when you mentioned about there being a lot more to talk about off the park in the last 8 months.

Personally i would prefer to put out the PR and information type articles to the wide world and keep the football ones for the forums.

At this moment in time there isn't a lot of positivity regarding the football, our results or our managers performance.

I'll be honest though and say i would love to write more about football, our players, our wins, our goals, our play etc etc but the fact remains those bastards are using the media to destroy us. We have no choice but to fight fire with fire and attack them at every opportunity. Do that and silence them or at least neuter them somewhat and we then stand a better chance of talking more about football.

I'm guessing you're someone from the VB?

It's fair enough I guess, I've never been on your forum but I guess other stuff is discussed on there too. I also believe you also need someone to vouch for you or something? So unless you actually know someone from inside the forum, it's quite difficult to gage what the VB think in terms of the team itself. I've not doubted some of the good work that you do, it's just for me, I like more of a balance between on and off field discussion.

This ^

I'm guessing you're someone from the VB?

It's fair enough I guess, I've never been on your forum but I guess other stuff is discussed on there too. I also believe you also need someone to vouch for you or something? So unless you actually know someone from inside the forum, it's quite difficult to gage what the VB think in terms of the team itself. I've not doubted some of the good work that you do, it's just for me, I like more of a balance between on and off field discussion.

Yes i am on VB and i write articles for them and use twitter daily to fight back against the filth.

The whole reason VB was set up was to take the fight directly to our many enemies.

We are all bears who love the club with a passion. We love our traditions, Queen and country and will do or say anything to defend them.

That's why the majority of our articles are of a "political" nature.

PLenty football discussed on the forum as well as a host of other topics.

And yes you have to be vouched for as we do not want Earl Haigs on our forum ruining it for good bears.