get the suit back on ally!

wearethepeople1

Seriously, I've seen Walter, Eck on occasions wearing training attire whilst managing the team.

I see no problem in this as long as where's his suit to and after a game.

As other people have mentioned.... If this was the only thing we'd to worry about. We'd be laughing.

Mountain out of a mole hill comes to mind

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm dumbfounded by the amount of people that don't see this as a big deal.

He's a Rangers manager ffs. Know your club.

It seems it was an unavoidable situation, but people saying it doesn't matter what he wears don't have a clue about this club.

I was amazed this got to 5 pages, I'm fucking astounded its reached double figures.

I too prefer to see our manager is a suit but to talk about disrespecting traditions etc .... get a grip !!

A suit does not make him a better manager (wish it did but it doesn't), neither does training gear.

We need to be winning games, we need to be retaining possession and dominating the opposition, we need to be playing the correct players in their correct position ... all this is the responsibility of Ally.

That's enough to worrying about, adding a clothing section to the managers worries is a bit much.

Seriously, I've seen Walter, Eck on occasions wearing training attire whilst managing the team.

I see no problem in this as long as where's his suit to and after a game.

As other people have mentioned.... If this was the only thing we'd to worry about. We'd be laughing.

Mountain out of a mole hill comes to mind

It's not about people not seeing it as a

problem,it's about people coming on here after a game and having a go at Ally for no reason at all.it happens every week,people need to get off his back and give him a chance.

He should be wearing a suit. I hope this was a one off. He is the leader of the football staff and is the public face of the football club.

Anyone who says he can wear what he wants is wrong, he has a responsibility to live up to the position he holds. The role that season ticket holders pay him to be in. It is an honour to put that suit on come match day.

He should be wearing a suit. I hope this was a one off. He is the leader of the football staff and is the public face of the football club.

Anyone who says he can wear what he wants is wrong, he has a responsibility to live up to the position he holds. The role that season ticket holders pay him to be in. It is an honour to put that suit on come match day.

Souness wore a shell suit, for fuck sake. Walter also occasionally wore leisure wear. A football manager does not have a uniform.

It's not about people not seeing it as a

problem,it's about people coming on here after a game and having a go at Ally for no reason at all.it happens every week,people need to get off his back and give him a chance.

100% agree!

I think people are looking for reasons now to get on his back.

Perhaps it's Ally's way of getting across to the players to get off their high horse a wee bit and get a bit more SFL like. A message that we cannot expect to turn up on matchday as the might Glasgow Rangers. Our players need more than anything to roll their sleeves up, lose their ego's and fight. I honestly believe this is why Ally was dressed as he was - i liked it.

As title

Hopefully this is a one off, trackies have no place on a rangers manager on matchday.

Pretty raging about this BTW. What the fuck is he playing at?

Found this funny for some reason, it's like you just realised halfway through how raging you were. :lol:

I prefer the suit like most, hopefully it is just a one off as said.

I'm dumbfounded by the amount of people that don't see this as a big deal.

He's a Rangers manager ffs. Know your club.

It seems it was an unavoidable situation, but people saying it doesn't matter what he wears don't have a clue about this club.

End of the day what a football manager wears is their choice, I doubt we'd sack a manager over it somehow.

Souness wore a shell suit, for fuck sake. Walter also occasionally wore leisure wear. A football manager does not have a uniform.

Souness only when he was player manger which is understandable, Walter wore a suit on matchdays if cold he had a football jacket over it he never wore a tracksuit ffs!! Rangers managers do have a uniform and it's called a suit and shoes.

Souness only when he was player manger which is understandable, Walter wore a suit on matchdays if cold he had a football jacket over it he never wore a tracksuit ffs!! Rangers managers do have a uniform and it's called a suit and shoes.

No. No, they don't. He's a grown man, not your personal doll.

Like others have said, I feel a shirt and tie is the bare minimum for a manger, regardless of the level you're playing at.

Whilst the occasional tracksuit doesn't bother me in the slightest (providing there's a valid excuse,) it should not become the norm (tu)

My biggest concern though is the way we play, if Ally some how thinks his tactics aren't working because he hasn't been wearing a tracksuit something is wrong. Ally will manage the same way regardless of what he wears.

Suit or no suit - we still play players out of position, leave out players who rightfully deserve a place and seem to be tactically inept at times. The best passage of play came from Queens park on Saturday, three or four quick one-touch passes took out our midfiled and centre halfs and gave them a clear one-on-one with the keeper, luckily Alexander pulled off a great save, otherwise it would have been another shaky end to another Rangers sub-par performance.

My biggest gripe is we didn't cut them open in that manner once, not once.

Getting the result is the a priority - but the bigger priority is our long term goals as a club. We need to look at the German/Dutch models and embrace them, maybe a slight change here and there to become relevent in Scottish Division 3, but the principals are the same, and I've yet to see us move forward in that respect. Still time but if we miss this chance we'll continue being a massive sized club with averaged sized results that nobody outside of Scotland takes any notice of, sadly.