corrupt refs

bigmunsen

At the game today and yet again teams are putting in the boot to our players and get no cards and not even a talking to, yet two of our players go in for tackles and the ref is over in a split second with the card out for tackles that dont even merrit a card. What will it for a ref to book someone for chopping down ian black, he may need to have his leg broken before this happens. In my eyes a bad tackle is a bad tackle no matter what team your on or who its against. These refs better get their shit together.

Mmmm was at the game today as well but I wouldn't say the officials were corrupt but just Bloody useless.The amount of times the linesmen looked at the ref for a decision was ridiculous and the amount of times a card was flashed for a first time tackle which in my opinion was not particularly dirty or aggressive was way out of order.Was this ref top grade or was he normal 3rd division grade?

My concern is the rate the yellow cards are being shown towards us is unreal, I agree Black assulted on the halfway line and the ref just looked him and then thought I better speak to the QP player. First real tackle from a bear and it produced a yellow. These yellows will soon add up and before long susp will start to happen, this is worrying fact as we do not have any depth in the squad.

Corrupt is the wrong word .... inept, unprofessional, poor are better words to describe their performance yesterday or any other day.

I agree that the assistant running the line in the Govan side couldn't make a decision without checking with the referee first.

I certainly do get the feeling that we are being held to a different standard by Div3 refs ... 'Man up' type if attitude but when we commit similar tackles, there is a talking too or even a card that isn't shown previously.

The ref was shocking its been the same all season we do something staight in the pocket..if a div3 team does anything its ignored.We were all watching the Govan linesman he stuttered with most decisions. And i agree Black has been booted up and down the park and feel he is getting really frustated at getting no protection from the refs.

They aren't corrupt. They are 3rd Division refs and as such they are mediocre at best.

Although the ref was poor yesterday I don't think he intentionally favoured either team.

I'm sure some have them have also refereed in spl matches

A few weeks ago people were saying it's being used as an excuse, but it's blatantly obvious any 50/50 decisions are going against us. Fuck sake sometimes 70/30 decisions in our favour are going against us. All we can do is keep winning and hope something serious doesn't happen to one of our players.

I wish everyone would stop making accusations of corruption! The refs (and assistants) are not corrupt....just incompetent. But what else can we expect when idiots like failed referee Kenny Clarke tell them that its really alright to ignore violent conduct and foul play from part-timers!