Best Formation

Ace

Best Formation for Rangers  

93 members have voted

1. 1. If Everyone was fit, how should we set up ?

people need to get a grip with this formation piss, you can't just set a formation and stick with it, managers make their names for being able to chop and change, where a 442 worked today maybe a 433 will work next week etc. if you watch any football, formations and football change all the time, you play to your players strengths but if you have a big squad and need to change it about to suit somebody better equiped for the game ahead then so be it. there is no "best" formation. just a best formation on the day.

Again to a certain extent I agree with Albear85 (making a habit of that) that Ally will have to be able to adjust our formation/tactics in different situations but for me the simple answer is any formation that allows us to play with width without the necessity to play direct I am more than happy with!

Again to a certain extent I agree with Albear85 (making a habit of that) that Ally will have to be able to adjust our formation/tactics in different situations but for me the simple answer is any formation that allows us to play with width without the necessity to play direct I am more than happy with!

;)

Contrary to what some people on here believe. I actually make sense, most of the time

3-4-4 that offers more flexibility and forces teams back from the kick off, but depends on how the manager/coaches pick the players, to play this formation and also have the know how on when to change during the game.

:huh:

No goalie? Wow! You really have no respect for our competition. :pipe:

Fed you that one to see if you are really reading my posts......wasn't sure as to the way you have been replying. But (yip) you have confirmed you have been reading them, that's worrying :P

I read the first three words of a post and make my judgements on the member, the point they're making and their intelligence. These original judgments never change, no matter what. :P

I read the first three words of a post and make my judgements on the member, the point they're making and their intelligence. These original judgments never change, no matter what. :P

Well I thank you for all the replies you have given my posts, based on the above, you have noticed my intelligence and knowledge of a good and not so good football manager.

I don't believe you can really say which is the best formation, it is more horses for courses...depending on who is available, where a game is being played and also the opponents (this should not be such an issue in SFL3!).

I am a big fan of 4231, if deployed correctly. I also think we do have players who should flourish under that system and should look to work on this longer term.

At the moment, I think the players need to get back to basics and string a few good wins and performances together. Yesterday suggested that 442 may be the best way to do that. If we look at the players involved, probably only Hegarty (who was only in as cover for Wallace) and Little were deployed in a role that was not best suited to them.

Our midfield two looked a lot better, solid while Macleod still was able to get forward to support the attack (he had a great game actually). Aird gave us natural width and pace (same when McKay replaced him).

McCulloch played right up against the centre halves with Shiels in close support but still with freedom to drop deep or wide at times.

In the coming weeks we could see the following-

Alexander

Little* Perry Emilson Wallace

Aird/McKay Macleod Black Templeton

Shiels McCulloch

I think that is a quite a formidable set up!

*assuming the Argyriou injury to be quite bad...anything confirmed?