Is Ally now fireproof ?

jimmy millar

I remember when CG took over all we heard was what a hatchett man he was and quotes from people like Dave Bassett telling Ally how ruthless Charles is, i think Ally will stay as long as we keep winning in the league, but as for is he untouchable? I dont think so and you can bet your last 20p Ally doesnt think so either.

No one is fireproof at the club.

If your not cutting it then its time to go. Ally is doing fine now and I'm sure, if and when, he or the board decide that's not the case then they will do the right thing.

DNA or political affiliations do not come into it, unlike the tarriers across the town.

Bringing WS into the club gives Ally more support and advice from someone who's been there and done it all. He said he won't be involved in day to running football wise but he'll be there to offer honest critique if he thinks it's needed I'm sure.

The Walter clone accusations are always going to get thrown about but if that means being respected within and beyond football, acting within real integrity and honesty, being hugely successful over extended periods and leading the club you genuinely love to successive titles and a European final then I'm all for it.

Start looking out the sleeveless cardies Ally...... Just try and liven up the football a wee bit as well.

I hope not.

There's a thread in General Sports about a fireproof manager by the name of Arsene Wenger, who now runs a club with no expectations of silverware or finishing in first place.

Let's not end up like that, please.

But, they play nice football. It's ok to play nice football and not win all the time :craphead:

Ally is now under even more pressure with a living legend former Rangers manager on the board.

Ally has stated in previous interviews he regularly speaks to walter and takes advice on certain matters. so the fact he is now in the office next door I can only imagine it stengthens his position.

no one is fireproof in football, and Rangers (no matter the man) is no exception to that rule.

most managers will take advice from old players, managers and freinds in the game

Now that Sir Walter is back where he belongs,is Ally now untouchable? Another bad result would start the whole debate again,and while I have never advocated a new manager,I feel he is now pretty bombproof. Good thing or bad thing?

Walter was never known to be overly sentimental - if Ally isn't working out then I am sure Walter would be the first to help him see that - however what Walter may have that many of our fans don't is an understanding of the difficulties of what Ally is having to do and the time it may take to do it and Walter giving him time should not be confused with Walter not having our best interests at heart - after all no man is bigger than the club. I think we are in safe hands both managerial and on oversight!

I hope not.

There's a thread in General Sports about a fireproof manager by the name of Arsene Wenger, who now runs a club with no expectations of silverware or finishing in first place.

Let's not end up like that, please.

I think Ally would walk long before 7 (??) seasons without a trophy - if fact he'd be hounded long before that :lol: