Rangers owners plan wage cap and season ticket hikes for share offer

Ace

Just to correct you mate Flo wasn't shite...his goal ratio was actually pretty good...he just wasn't the 12 million pound player advocatte thought he was signing. He was bought as a target man which was never his game and the price tag was like a noose around the guys neck..

Money ultimately does buy quality at the end of the day but that doesnt mean you cant get quality players within a price structure/wage cap. Instead of blowing money on expensive forgeiners and guys from England now is the time to look further afield. I dont like to give them credit for anything but they have signed 4 or 5 players in the last few years from random countries/leagues for relative pennies who are now being touted or sold for massive profits. I have to say alot of them are over hyped in my opinion but at the end of the day its the way to go. We seem very old fashioned in our scouting approach and now is the time to address that. If we sort out our youth policy as well we will be miles ahead of the game by the time we are back challenging in the top flight and hopefully in europe.

To make it clear MY opinion he was shite, no stat will alter my opinion

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are not, yet but we will be if we are serious about implementing such a derisory wage cap and play in the same division as them.

What a lot of shite! There is a massive difference between choosing not to compete and competing within our means.

Who's to say that a guy on 15k a week will be better than someone in 5k...look at the likes of Beattie, rothen, etc picking up big wages...did they help us compete?

On sky sports today they have said the epl clubs are thinking about a wage cap as well...much more important we focus on long term sustainable success ie develop our youth and scouting depts and add the odd experienced player and I guarantee we willbe winning titles regardless how much we/they pay.

Outspent us? <cr> Whoever said that must have been talking about wages only because they certainly didn't outspend us on transfer fees. 3IAR cost us about £40m. I don't recall them spending more than £1-2m on any player since Chesney was in charge.

Where has that figure come from?

http://www.transferm...verein_124.html

^ This works it out at -£7,800,000 for transfer fees during 3iar. I don't know what they spent, care to enlighten me?

^ This works it out at -£7,800,000 for transfer fees during 3iar. I don't know what they spent, care to enlighten me?

But you have to add the transfers of players who came in before we won the league. Walter spent the best part of £40m on transfers when he came back, £30m odd in the 1st 2 years.

We spent just shy of £40m since Walter came back. Their spending for the same period was about £30m.

we should be able to piss league with around 15 million a season! what got on my nerves for years was we used to have some pish sitting in the stands everyweek and we couldnt get rid due to there wages where to high, hope we never see that again

Injury and suspension crisises are always possible but that's where we really need to trust the youth system more.

But you have to add the transfers of players who came in before we won the league. Walter spent the best part of £40m on transfers when he came back, £30m odd in the 1st 2 years.

The link I posted works it out at -£11.9million net transfer spent under Walters second spell. Yes, we spent money but we also recouped a lot in sales. It didn't "Cost £40 million to win 3iar".

We spent just shy of £40m since Walter came back. Their spending for the same period was about £30m.

N.B. It was actually closer to £45 million spent by Walter. The website of the link I posted says, they spent over 62 million during Walters second spell.

Do you ever stop talking pish, Fish?

What a lot of shite! There is a massive difference between choosing not to compete and competing within our means.

Who's to say that a guy on 15k a week will be better than someone in 5k...look at the likes of Beattie, rothen, etc picking up big wages...did they help us compete?

On sky sports today they have said the epl clubs are thinking about a wage cap as well...much more important we focus on long term sustainable success ie develop our youth and scouting depts and add the odd experienced player and I guarantee we willbe winning titles regardless how much we/they pay.

Thank you, as is your reply. (tu)

A 33% wage cap is not living within our means, it is a ridiculous lack of ambition from whoevers idea it was. We could easily live within our means with a higher wage percentage and make "competing" easier.

Beattie and Rothen were disgraceful signings. Poorly thought out and complete wastes of money, that was our own mismanagement which led to those failures. In football in general in every league the better players cost the most in wages just like the best teams spend the most money and pay the highest wages.

Wage caps down there is a nice thought in theory, in reality it will never work.

How do we improve our scouting and youth development if we keep employing within our own circle if friends? The sooner we start thinking out the box the better.

Lots are over-looking that we are the worlds most successful club. Quality players will still want to come to Ibrox, even for lower wages. So that they can say to their grandchildren one day, that they played for the mighty Glasgow Rangers.

The link I posted works it out at -£11.9million net transfer spent under Walters second spell. Yes, we spent money but we also recouped a lot in sales. It didn't "Cost £40 million to win 3iar".

N.B. It was actually closer to £45 million spent by Walter. The website of the link I posted says, they spent over 62 million during Walters second spell.

Do you ever stop talking pish, Fish?

No they didn't. :lol: :lol: :lol:doh:lol: :lol: :lol: And £45m does your argument no favours either, to win 3IAR, that is even worse. :anguish:

If our revenue, at any stage is £40m then 33% of that is £13m odd... that's enough for the lower leagues. If, as Green predicts, we will hit revenue heights of £60m when we're at the top of the top flight and playing in Europe again that's £19-20m.

Green then went on to say there is no reason why we can't have revenue of £100m at some stage if everything is done the right way and is successful. 33% of £100m is £33m.

Listen, we might be Scotland's, and one of Britain's and the World's biggest Club's but we don't need to be splashing out tens of millions in wages. 3/4 real high earners, surrounded by good players and a youth player here and there is the way to success.

The days are gone where we will splashing £10m on a player. The days are here where we should be demanding £10m for our best young players/best players etc. It is all about getting the balance right and if the balance is correctly found while CG performs excellently off the field there is no reason why we can't be extremely successful across the continent.

It's an exciting time to be a Rangers fan and, if CG says, the figures add up and the jigsaw comes together it could be a remarkable journey.

Thank you, as is your reply. (tu)

A 33% wage cap is not living within our means, it is a ridiculous lack of ambition from whoevers idea it was. We could easily live within our means with a higher wage percentage and make "competing" easier.

Beattie and Rothen were disgraceful signings. Poorly thought out and complete wastes of money, that was our own mismanagement which led to those failures. In football in general in every league the better players cost the most in wages just like the best teams spend the most money and pay the highest wages.

Wage caps down there is a nice thought in theory, in reality it will never work.

How do we improve our scouting and youth development if we keep employing within our own circle if friends? The sooner we start thinking out the box the better.

I don't disagree that we need to get rid of the jobs for the boys mentality and bring in some fresh ideas and perspective but unfortunately you are an example of why we are in the mess we are in....

Fans like you who want to throw money at things just to win the league are partly at fault for our overspending under Murray...you are unable to see the bigger picture which is unfortunate....the other fact is that these figures have not been confirmed and the percentages of revenue to expenditure will change as we progress.

If you consider that we are a team who will always be competing for trophies some players will always be motivated to join us over an extra bob or two....imagine how much more satisfying it would be to win the league with a team filled with our own academy graduates...

It is not sustainable to throw money away on massive wages so we need to find a balance between still being competitive but living within our means and this to me seems like a good idea.

I want to see the club run well with more spent on youth and scouting. But I've always thought we would need to spend when we returned to the top as we must have lost £30 million worth of players. The share issue and making profits would allow us to do that. So I have no problem with this level of spending over the next few seasons whilst we rebuild. I suppose this was to be expected right now. But they are having a laugh if they think a club can spend half what other clubs its size do on wages and be as successful as Rangers. We would need to have the midas touch with managers, youths, and scouting. I doubt these plans are long term as a football club needs to pay a competitive wage to be consistantly successful.

No worries here though, our support will soon let them know about it if they try to be this frugal in the long term.

I don't disagree that we need to get rid of the jobs for the boys mentality and bring in some fresh ideas and perspective but unfortunately you are an example of why we are in the mess we are in....

Fans like you who want to throw money at things just to win the league are partly at fault for our overspending under Murray...you are unable to see the bigger picture which is unfortunate....the other fact is that these figures have not been confirmed and the percentages of revenue to expenditure will change as we progress.

If you consider that we are a team who will always be competing for trophies some players will always be motivated to join us over an extra bob or two....imagine how much more satisfying it would be to win the league with a team filled with our own academy graduates...

It is not sustainable to throw money away on massive wages so we need to find a balance between still being competitive but living within our means and this to me seems like a good idea.

:lol: You don't know anything about me. I don't know where you get the throwing money at things stuff, i certainly do not want to do that! Murray was a bastard who destroyed our club. I am one who can see the bigger picture. Stop making silly assumptions because i do not believe in wage caps. (tu)

That won't happen.

Again, i doubt anyone wants to throw money away on massive wages, we especially are hopeless at it. What we can do is work harder in finding the right members of staff and more clever in finding the right players.

We have some dead wood at the club and once we cut those players loose we'll have some money to play with.

Bocanegra and Goian who are on 15k/week can never come back simple as that. We should look to sell or release those two next summer.

Kyle and Sandaza are fucking pish and they need to go. Kyle only got a 12 month contract so he'll be gone soon.

Cribari is pish and I think we should get rid of him too.

33% is too low imo. 45-50% should be where we should be operating. Also, £8m season tickets? not according to my maths.

33% is too low imo. 45-50% should be where we should be operating. Also, £8m season tickets? not according to my maths.

Keep in mind Greens aim to increase the turnover. if I mind right the figure touted was 100 mil? I'm pretty sure that 33% of that is slightly more than our wage bill in the last 4-5 seasons.

I can't see it being anything close to £60m unless we are getting to the latter stages of European competition. In what way are their wages unsustainable? They have had a huge steady squad and have gradually added to it every transfer window for years. I don't see them having annual fire sales or paying players off to get them off the wage bill. New deals for Wanyama, Hooper, Mulgrew, Matthews and the like are not reducing the wage bill, it will be getting increased and quite a bit too. They may have had a 10-20% higher wage bill than us which is beatable with the right manager in place but when it gets to a 50% difference our chances of competing diminish greatly. (tu)

RFC turnover in 2010 was £56m and we didn't reach the latter stages of Euro competition.

The other lot's wage bill is something like £34m so I believe. They are already running at a loss and much of their income will reduce. Europe will help them certainly but they had to sell McGeady and get other players out on loan or off the books in previous seasons. If it wasn't for this year's CL money I could guarantee that players would be sold in the next transfer window. They are now looking to buy cheap and sell dear and unfortunately they seem better than us at that. Wanyama looks to be going to be sold once their Euro trip ends (soon I hope) and for the life of me, on the occasions I've seen him play I simply don't rate him much at all. The point is though, they and our press hype him up and they get good money. Our players were sold for a pittance in the past.

Outspent us? <cr> Whoever said that must have been talking about wages only because they certainly didn't outspend us on transfer fees. 3IAR cost us about £40m. I don't recall them spending more than £1-2m on any player since Chesney was in charge.

From what I can see of Walter's 4 full seasons in charge he spent £41.6m but sold £32.2m for a nett spend of under £10m. It would have been impossible for it to have been much more as we were forced by the bank to reduce the debt.

RFC turnover in 2010 was £56m and we didn't reach the latter stages of Euro competition.

The other lot's wage bill is something like £34m so I believe. They are already running at a loss and much of their income will reduce. Europe will help them certainly but they had to sell McGeady and get other players out on loan or off the books in previous seasons. If it wasn't for this year's CL money I could guarantee that players would be sold in the next transfer window. They are now looking to buy cheap and sell dear and unfortunately they seem better than us at that. Wanyama looks to be going to be sold once their Euro trip ends (soon I hope) and for the life of me, on the occasions I've seen him play I simply don't rate him much at all. The point is though, they and our press hype him up and they get good money. Our players were sold for a pittance in the past.

2010! Whose numbers are you believing? Remember where we have ended up