Question About Transfer Embargo

TMB

Would it be possible to buy someone in January with a view to them signing for us as an 'out of contract player' after the summer window closes?

For example, young Ryan Fraser of Aberdeen has a contract that runs out in the summer. We need a right-winger. I'm gussing that we can't get him to sign a pre-contract because he can't join us during the summer window. I'm also assuming Aberdeen would rather have some money for him than him signing a pre-contract and leaving for free. Say we offer a few hundred thousand and Aberdeen accept it and the player is willing to move. Fraser would then be unable to sign for any other club. He could still move to Rangers in the sumer and train with the first-team. He just wouldn't be able to play a competitive game for us until a day after the window shuts and the registration embargo is lifted.

We can still sign players the problem is registering them. I don't think it would be a bad thing to buy players and then regestering them just after the summer window closes. If it's possible then it would be worth a try at getting the young Hearts striker as well because I doubt Kyle will be at Rangers next season.

Thoughs?

Would it be possible to buy someone in January with a view to them signing for us as an 'out of contract player' after the summer window closes?

For example, young Ryan Fraser of Aberdeen has a contract that runs out in the summer. We need a right-winger. I'm gussing that we can't get him to sign a pre-contract because he can't join us during the summer window. I'm also assuming Aberdeen would rather have some money for him than him signing a pre-contract and leaving for free. Say we offer a few hundred thousand and Aberdeen accept it and the player is willing to move. Fraser would then be unable to sign for any other club. He could still move to Rangers in the sumer and train with the first-team. He just wouldn't be able to play a competitive game for us until a day after the window shuts and the registration embargo is lifted.

We can still sign players the problem is registering them. I don't think it would be a bad thing to buy players and then regestering them just after the summer window closes. If it's possible then it would be worth a try at getting the young Hearts striker as well because I doubt Kyle will be at Rangers next season.

Thoughs?

If he did this do u think Aberdeen would continue to play him? And the Sheep fans will be given him abuse, this is the sort of things the player will be thinking about.

We could do with a right winger, we've been needing a decent out and out one for years, however, Aird is a naturally right footed player and a wide right man. Not saying we couldn't do with another, despite our recent reluctance to play or sign actual wingers, I'd just like to see him get a wee run in his proper position.

If he was going to be out of contract in the summer, why wouldn't we just talk to him directly in this scenario? I wouldn't see any need to give Aberdeen any money.

Tell him not to sign for anyone else, and let his contract run out, and then sign him on September 2nd as a free transfer, which would be allowed.

You can sign a player but not register him during the embargo I think...The same procedure as during a normal transfer window.

Aye but what club is going to keep playing the player? when they know he has signed for Rangers? No one will sign at the moment because it will effect them at the club their at, at the moment.

If he did this do u think Aberdeen would continue to play him? And the Sheep fans will be given him abuse, this is the sort of things the player will be thinking about.

Yes I think Aberdeen would continue to play him. Brown isn't a bitter Rangers hater. Brown would do what is best for Aberdeen and that means playing his best players. That kid isn't going to stay there he'll probably sign for someone in January. Not playing him just because he's chosen to move is cutting your nose off despite your face. I can understand the Aberdeen fans going mental if he signed for us that's something the lad himself would need to think about.

Regarding the young striker Hearts have. That club doesn't have any money. If we put money on the table they'd bite your hand off for it. Hearts will be having a fire-sale in January.

Who knows, maybe Ryan McGowan will rethink his position. We were going to improve the contract he's on. Instead, he's stayed at Hearts and they can't afford to pay him. If we bought McGowan we could tell Hearts to let them keep the player until the summer. That might be something they would be very interested in. They get a fee and also get to keep the player for the rest of the season.

If he was going to be out of contract in the summer, why wouldn't we just talk to him directly in this scenario? I wouldn't see any need to give Aberdeen any money.

Tell him not to sign for anyone else, and let his contract run out, and then sign him on September 2nd as a free transfer, which would be allowed.

The lad would be subjected to all sorts of abuse from the Aberdeen fans. It might be better to buy him and then loan him out for the rest of the season. Next summer he could just join up with the rest of our squad for pre-season and register on 2nd September.

I'm sure Aberdeen would rather get some money than no money. I doubt he'd cost much at all. The club is already resigned to losing him.

Any purchases/transfers will need to be signed off with the SFA. If anyone thinks we can work around the embargo like this they are not being realistic. The authorities will not allow it to happen. Asking players to become free agents so we can sign them will be too much of a risk to them, we would need to offer compensation if we were not allowed to play them until January and that would just cost us a lot more money.

Our scouting network, if we still have one should be concentrating on finding

U18s who will cost us a fraction of what an established player would. It's the ideal time to do so. I would hope that we were looking at precontracts too. If Ally gives a player his word in signing you, I'd trust him.

Any purchases/transfers will need to be signed off with the SFA. If anyone thinks we can work around the embargo like this they are not being realistic. The authorities will not allow it to happen. Asking players to become free agents so we can sign them will be too much of a risk to them, we would need to offer compensation if we were not allowed to play them until January and that would just cost us a lot more money.

You're wrong mate. There is nothing to stop us agreeing pre-contracts with any player in accordance with existing rules. As has been stated in previous posts, it is all about registering players. It is an SFA registration embargo and a transfer embargo.

We cannot buy anyone from another club until after the transfer window next summer. That effectively means we have to wait until the transfer window at the end of 2013, but only for buying players.

We can sign anyone who is out of contract before Sept 1st 2013 but we can only register them after that date. In effect, we can sign pre-contracts for players who will be out of contract but cannot play them until after 31st August 2013. They could train with us before that but not play (except bounce games).

You're wrong mate. There is nothing to stop us agreeing pre-contracts with any player in accordance with existing rules. As has been stated in previous posts, it is all about registering players. It is an SFA registration embargo and a transfer embargo.

We cannot buy anyone from another club until after the transfer window next summer. That effectively means we have to wait until the transfer window at the end of 2013, but only for buying players.

We can sign anyone who is out of contract before Sept 1st 2013 but we can only register them after that date. In effect, we can sign pre-contracts for players who will be out of contract but cannot play them until after 31st August 2013. They could train with us before that but not play (except bounce games).

I know all that, but if you think the SFA would allow it to happen like that then I think you are wrong. Also, asking players to go take the risk on becoming a free agent, I would be surprised if many of their Agents would agree to this.

Aye but what club is going to keep playing the player? when they know he has signed for Rangers? No one will sign at the moment because it will effect them at the club their at, at the moment.

clubs play players that have signed precontracts elsewhere...all the time.

Our scouting network, if we still have one should be concentrating on finding

U18s

We should be doing this with vigour. If the scouts are worth their salt they should be judging who is the cream of the crop. We can register U18's now and by the time we get back to the top division (not holding my breath on reconstruction) these guys will be 20ish, plenty old enough.

We'd have to convince players to go out of contract to register them before January 2014. That's a big commitment from a player. I'm sure there is already work being done on scouting prospects.

pretty sure players can be registered on the second of september 2013 mate.

I know all that, but if you think the SFA would allow it to happen like that then I think you are wrong. Also, asking players to go take the risk on becoming a free agent, I would be surprised if many of their Agents would agree to this.

This is no different to what happens already with one minor exception. With other clubs the players can sign and be registered as soon as their current contract expires. In our scenario,such players will have to wait until 1st Sept to be registered. We can pay them from the date their existing contract expires or at least make financial provision for the delay. The SFA can't prevent that. They can't change their "sentence".

pretty sure players can be registered on the second of september 2013 mate.

I know. If they are out of contract. We'd have to convince them to run their contract down in the summer and wait for us to sign them as a free agent in September. Thought that's what I said :huh:

I know. If they are out of contract. We'd have to convince them to run their contract down in the summer and wait for us to sign them as a free agent in September. Thought that's what I said :huh:

No- we can sign them as a free agent at any time in the summer. We can pay their wages, have them train with us, play them in friendlies. We just can't register them or play them in a competitive game until after the window closes.