Who would like to see Nacho Novo back in a rangers shirt

davidallan95

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What was insulting about it? The fact it was only one year when he wanted two?

Funnily enough someone asks the very same question of 'people like you' in another thread...

The fact that we refused to offer him a secure future after a considerable amount of time at the club when guys like Whittaker were being granted obscene amounts of money.

Funnily enough I couldn't spare a fuck to what people who get all extremist over a flag think.

While I would be happy to see him playing again for Rangers I think it's clear that the future is really with the young guns who are coming through so it would only be sensible if he was fit and cheap and here for just a season. We have so many young lads doing really well aged between 17 and 23 and the older chaps we brought in are not really worth their pay so far. Argyriou has been fine and Kyle & Cribari might get there but overall it's youth that has been getting us there and entertaining us with a helping hand from our Captain of course.

The fact that we refused to offer him a secure future after a considerable amount of time at the club when guys like Whittaker were being granted obscene amounts of money.

Funnily enough I couldn't spare a fuck to what people who get all extremist over a flag think.

A secure future? We aren't a charity whose purpose is to keep all the old boys in nice clothes. Smith thought Novo had only merited a one year deal, and given he was regularly on the bench and was the wrong side of 30 then imo its hard to argue with, and Novo wanted longer. Its hardly the 'insulting' deal you claim.

Guys like whittaker weren't given 'obscene' deals until a year later

A secure future? We aren't a charity whose purpose is to keep all the old boys in nice clothes. Smith thought Novo had only merited a one year deal, and given he was regularly on the bench and was the wrong side of 30 then imo its hard to argue with, and Novo wanted longer. Its hardly the 'insulting' deal you claim.

Guys like whittaker weren't given 'obscene' deals until a year later

The contract offer was a slap in the face to a loyal player. Criticising his decision to leave is incredible.

The contract offer was a slap in the face to a loyal player. Criticising his decision to leave is incredible.

Being loyal doesn't mean that you are indispensible. Novo served the club well when he was here. He hadn't merited a multi year contract. What sense is there in offering a two year deal to a 31 year old sub?

Being loyal doesn't mean that you are indispensible. Novo served the club well when he was here. He hadn't merited a multi year contract. What sense is there in offering a two year deal to a 31 year old sub?

I don't disagree but you make your point invalid by implying Novo was a traitor for leaving under those circumstances.

I don't disagree but you make your point invalid by implying Novo was a traitor for leaving under those circumstances.

I have implied nothing of the sort. If I was going to imply he was a traitor for leaving I would've saved the hassle and simply stated 'he is a traitor for leaving'. I never. He was offered an acceptable deal by the club. The only point of contention was the duration of the deal, which you described as 'insulting', which given the circumstances was an appropriate deal to offer. 31 year old squad players souldn't be given multi year deals.

Seeing that my username is 1NachoNovo, I'll chuck in my tuppence worth.

If the wee man came back tomorrow, I don't think there is a Bear anywhere that wouldn't welcome him back. Under the circumstances though, the realistic view for me, is that we're doing fine. For purely footballing reasons, I'll say no to bringing him back.

Love You Nacho!

Sorry to say but our youngsters are the future.

NN has had his day in the sun and should be remembered fondly for his time at Ibrox,but there's no way I would want to see him back on our books as a player.For those who are for Novo coming back to Rangers at almost 34 years of age,I would ask this question; Who would you prefer to sit on the subs bench if Novo played....David Templeton or Barrie McKay?

Seems like a pointless question,really.

Seeing that my username is 1NachoNovo, I'll chuck in my tuppence worth.

If the wee man came back tomorrow, I don't think there is a Bear anywhere that wouldn't welcome him back. Under the circumstances though, the realistic view for me, is that we're doing fine. For purely footballing reasons, I'll say no to bringing him back.

Love You Nacho!

(tu) agree totaly, hes a True Blue but i would hate to see him either not playing or taking the place of a young player and the same goes for pretty much every ex Rangers player at the end of their carear.

The guy is an arse.

Seems to be the case if he thinks a post wanting Novo to play for us makes a guy one of the filth as he never capitilised Rangers, but another poster calling him shite seems to be okay.

He seems to be trying to hard himself.