The David De Gea Thread

derek1872

Spot on.

De Gea is unfairly treated, some of the 'mistakes' that people are directing towards him are shambolic. The one against Liverpool especially, it was a great save. Rafael was to blame for ball watching!

Hart has made much more errors, but as said they are often ignored, the one at Sunderland was the worst this season between the two keepers. It's a bit like Suarez/Bale, both dive and one gets off lightly and the other lambasted.

You're on a roll today :lol:

Where you been hiding?

In boredom mode mate.

King Jela had me looked up in his basement for the last few months, finally got out!

How you been?

KJ I'm shocked at you!

Not too bad mate. Annoyed some taigs on here, joined a crew, laughed at More than a fan, just the usual really.

Hart has not had as many blatantly obvious mistakes as De Gea,( as Rafa used to say) FACT. There has also been many reports though criticising Hart and also Reina for goalkeeper errors but in comparison to David's they are nothing.

There are now numerous reports of Fergie being fed up with De Gea and wanting to offload him, if you just type in his name into Google. That humilating game against City last year, that goes down in the history books, he allowed greatest rivals to pump them with easy goals, that most goalkeepers would have caught.

It is his level of inconsistency that really is the problem, a fluky punch, a lucky shot hits his feet, or if he is very lucky it is close enough and he catches it, although most of the time simply stands watching as the goals fly by him. You just watch some highlights of lots of games, doesnt move a muscle.

For a team as big as Man Utd, whether he hasn't settled in England or missing his GF as some reports suggest, he plays for Utd and must do better.

This article from today pretty much suggest this also, copied some below.

'Fergie considers cutting losses on De Gea and sending him back to Spain...'

As Sir Alex Ferguson said goodbye to his players in London on Sunday night, it would have been no surprise if the Manchester United manager was already considering a more permanent farewell to goalkeeper David de Gea. Hours earlier the Spaniard’s woeful punch had led to Tottenham’s injury-time equaliser at White Hart Lane, costing his team two points in the Barclays Premier League title race.

Following De Gea’s latest blunder it is understood United will explore the possibility of sending him back to Spain in the summer after accepting that he is unlikely to ever settle on or off the pitch

in England.....

(stuff about missing his g.f. read for yourself)

..He has progressed little when it comes to dealing with high balls which, combined with a failure to bulk up over the last two-and-a-half-years, means United know opponents will always target him while he remains physically frail and mentally fragile in that part of his game.

De Gea had already punched a couple of high balls instead of catching them on Sunday before his weak attempt at clearing Benoit Assou-Ekotto’s cross fell straight to Aaron Lennon in the penalty box who squared the ball for Clint Dempsey to equalise in the last of three minutes of added time.

Former United defender and Sky TV pundit Gary Neville packed considerably more punch after the game.

‘You can’t do that,’ said Neville. ‘They are big, big moments. That punch there has cost his team.

‘He’s got to clear it out of his box, take everything with him. We’re talking about playing for Manchester United and trying to win a championship. You’ve got to punch that 15 or 20 yards away.

‘Schmeichel, Van der Sar, he’s got to get to that level. He knows (that he’s made a mistake).’

Not for the first time, De Gea’s body language spoke volumes. That and an obvious lack of communication do little to reassure his defenders that he is control of the situation. Some are said to prefer playing in front of Anders Lindegaard.............

.........Either way, it would appear that De Gea’s painful learning curve in England could be coming to

an end.

Hart has not had as many blatantly obvious mistakes as De Gea,( as Rafa used to say) FACT. There has also been many reports though criticising Hart and also Reina for goalkeeper errors but in comparison to David's they are nothing.

There are now numerous reports of Fergie being fed up with De Gea and wanting to offload him, if you just type in his name into Google. That humilating game against City last year, that goes down in the history books, he allowed greatest rivals to pump them with easy goals, that most goalkeepers would have caught.

It is his level of inconsistency that really is the problem, a fluky punch, a lucky shot hits his feet, or if he is very lucky it is close enough and he catches it, although most of the time simply stands watching as the goals fly by him. You just watch some highlights of lots of games, doesnt move a muscle.

For a team as big as Man Utd, whether he hasn't settled in England or missing his GF as some reports suggest, he plays for Utd and must do better.

This article from today pretty much suggest this also, copied some below.

'Fergie considers cutting losses on De Gea and sending him back to Spain...'

As Sir Alex Ferguson said goodbye to his players in London on Sunday night, it would have been no surprise if the Manchester United manager was already considering a more permanent farewell to goalkeeper David de Gea. Hours earlier the Spaniard’s woeful punch had led to Tottenham’s injury-time equaliser at White Hart Lane, costing his team two points in the Barclays Premier League title race.

Following De Gea’s latest blunder it is understood United will explore the possibility of sending him back to Spain in the summer after accepting that he is unlikely to ever settle on or off the pitch

in England.....

(stuff about missing his g.f. read for yourself)

..He has progressed little when it comes to dealing with high balls which, combined with a failure to bulk up over the last two-and-a-half-years, means United know opponents will always target him while he remains physically frail and mentally fragile in that part of his game.

De Gea had already punched a couple of high balls instead of catching them on Sunday before his weak attempt at clearing Benoit Assou-Ekotto’s cross fell straight to Aaron Lennon in the penalty box who squared the ball for Clint Dempsey to equalise in the last of three minutes of added time.

Former United defender and Sky TV pundit Gary Neville packed considerably more punch after the game.

‘You can’t do that,’ said Neville. ‘They are big, big moments. That punch there has cost his team.

‘He’s got to clear it out of his box, take everything with him. We’re talking about playing for Manchester United and trying to win a championship. You’ve got to punch that 15 or 20 yards away.

‘Schmeichel, Van der Sar, he’s got to get to that level. He knows (that he’s made a mistake).’

Not for the first time, De Gea’s body language spoke volumes. That and an obvious lack of communication do little to reassure his defenders that he is control of the situation. Some are said to prefer playing in front of Anders Lindegaard.............

.........Either way, it would appear that De Gea’s painful learning curve in England could be coming to

an end.

Did your husband leave a newspaper in the kitchen?

Did your husband leave a newspaper in the kitchen?

She posts a newspaper article highlighting parts that back her argument, yet not one of them is from SAF.

In saying that like Tiabi and Barthez he doesn't really give keepers long to develop

haha, as i said yesterday, i am cooking, cleaning, feeding the cat, reading the paper and watching a highlight reel of tragic mistakes by De Gea, don't worry lads, i am probably more informed than you.

If you want to know how to copy and paste to back up and argument which is always useful, i can show you, i have to take my cupcakes out of the oven at 3.10 but just after that i'll be all yours. ;)

She posts a newspaper article highlighting parts that back her argument, yet not one of them is from SAF.

In saying that like Tiabi and Barthez he doesn't really give keepers long to develop

You have to love articles that try to second guess what someone is thinking. The only thing worse is numpties who believe it as gospel. In fact 2 things are wors, the other is women pretending the know anything about football.

haha, as i said yesterday, i am cooking, cleaning, feeding the cat, reading the paper and watching a highlight reel of tragic mistakes by De Gea, don't worry lads, i am probably more informed than you.

If you want to know how to copy and paste to back up and argument which is always useful, i can show you, i have to take my cupcakes out of the oven at 3.10 but just after that i'll be all yours. ;)

why the hell are you watching a highlight reel of a guy you clearly despise? What's wrong with you?