The David De Gea Thread

derek1872

One of the worst goalies ever, every game they are on about how many goal man utd have conceded, hmm whats different, very poor goalie in my opinion, ive seen better in third division.

:lol: Someone had a bit too mulled wine me thinks!

Like Klos and Goram? De Gea causes the problem because he does come off his line and fails to reach the ball or comes off and changes his mind.He needs to be stronger or just stay on his line and let the defenders defend high balls and be the shot stopper if headers or shots materialise.

De gea is far better than klos in the air and no worse than goram. A lot of people over look these sort of things.

true, their defence isnt great, but still, having to drop into your 6 yard box to head away a cross because your keeper isnt commanding enough in the air leads to trouble no matter how good your defence is

pick the best defence in the world you can create, best fullbacks and best centre halves from anywhere, they would still struggle to keep clean sheets when opponents can simply launch high balls into the 6 yard box knowing that the keeper wont come off his line

Shay given made a career of it though. If your defense know your not coming for the cross least they know to deal with it.

One of the worst goalies ever, every game they are on about how many goal man utd have conceded, hmm whats different, very poor goalie in my opinion, ive seen better in third division.

Simply not true.

It's almost Torres-like the scale of scrutiny the guy gets. It's annoying.

I think he's got the potential to be a world class goalkeeper, his shot stopping is superb but the other aspects of his game are not quite up to the standard of the likes of Neuer. Time is on his side, though.

It's almost Torres-like the scale of scrutiny the guy gets. It's annoying.

I think he's got the potential to be a world class goalkeeper, his shot stopping is superb but the other aspects of his game are not quite up to the standard of the likes of Neuer. Time is on his side, though.

He didn't even have a bad game today and yet he comes in for criticism.

It's been a while since he was dropped

He has been dropped this season and last, more performances like yesterday and he will be again.

The manager has already showen he will drop him if he is not playing to the standard expected.

You need to be more than a good shot stopper to play at one of the big clubs.

The scrutiny De Gea is unfair, he doesn't play as badly as people make out. Hart has made just as many mistakes this year if not more, yet he is still the best keeper in the world.

Hart is not the best goalkeeper in the world....not even close.

It's the whole because he's English thing.

The same happened to Rooney when he burst onto the scene.

:D

In fairness when Rooney burst on to the scene he was explosive! I think he has gone way past his peak and never quite fulfilled his potential.

Most people I speak to in England don't think Hart is the best keeper in the world.

The scrutiny De Gea is unfair, he doesn't play as badly as people make out. Hart has made just as many mistakes this year if not more, yet he is still the best keeper in the world.

De Gea gets such intense scrutiny because of his price tag and because he is at a big club. Im willing to bet some of the comments that get made about his performances come from people who watched 10 minute highlights at most. He had a decent game yesterday.