The Official *** SPONSORS: Let's Spend The Money! *** Thread

govanblue

Dunny started a thread saying an old vendor got flooded with fake tenners last night. The poor guy has probably lost a fortune.

I would freely give another tenner donation to make it a better Yule for him, if we can find out who the guy is.

Big ask,but nice thought.

Disgusted me that some one here thought it was worthy of a joke.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update: I'll be leaving shortly for the Annan game, and might not be back online till tomorrow.

So in the meantime, a quick summary:

The ideas gaining most support so far seem to be (in no particular order):

1. A tribute to Sandy Jardine

2. An Ibrox Brick

3. Bank the rest towards next season's sponsorship

If you don't see your favoured option there, then you need to drum up more support for it ;)

Keep the suggestions and opinions coming please. :21:

They three sound good to me.

(Having just donated I am now putting my extra 2p worth in here)

I like the idea of a Brick.

I also liked it when people donated tickets to those who could not afford one - perhaps we could do that occasionally!

Hi Peter,

Welcome aboard :21:

The brick has pretty much been agreed by all, so I'm pretty sure that will happen (if we can manage to agree the wording!)

The idea of a couple of ticket giveaways is also a good one. But how would we go about finding a worthy recipient? I'm sure we could, I'm just asking if anyone has ideas or suggestions how best we could do that.

Hi Peter,

The brick has pretty much been agreed by all, so I'm pretty sure that will happen (if we can manage to agree the wording!)

The idea of a couple of ticket giveaways is also a good one. But how would we go about finding a worthy recipient? I'm sure we could, I'm just asking if anyone has ideas or suggestions how best we could do that.

Bluepeter (yes the other one) managed this earlier in the season - perhpas he has some input on this

Hi Peter,

Pictures of bank statements should be required.

:craphead:

(Having just donated I am now putting my extra 2p worth in here)

I also liked it when people donated tickets to those who could not afford one - perhaps we could do that occasionally!

The thing about this idea is that not only are we helping out a fellow Bear, but also Rangers still get the money, which is the main purpose of the fund (tu)

Suggestion from IanFerguson2012:

buy 2 hospitality tickets and raffle them off via the donate page if that's possible (eg: people put in £1 to register & have a chance of winning the tickets)

Would this be open to the whole forum or just those who have donated a tenner?

Suggestion from IanFerguson2012:

buy 2 hospitality tickets and raffle them off via the donate page if that's possible (eg: people put in £1 to register & have a chance of winning the tickets)

What about sending all the money raised to Africa? Specifically Namibia? Then I can use it to come see the next game :7325:

Seriously, I like the raffle idea too

Would this be open to the whole forum or just those who have donated a tenner?

I would guess the whole forum as that would generate more cash, but maybe the Sponsor members might feel differently

Everything is up for discussion, and the will of We, The People will always prevail!

I would guess the whole forum as that would generate more cash, but maybe the Sponsor members might feel differently

Everything is up for discussion, and the will of We, The People will always prevail!

Some people might feel abit pissed if they have put in £10+ to pay for the prize for someone to then put in a quid or 2 and win it?

My idea was similar in that a voucher or piece of merchandise was bought and raffled to the those who had donated but only RFC52 agreed :lol:

Some people might feel abit pissed if they have put in £10+ to pay for the prize for someone to then put in a quid or 2 and win it?

My idea was similar in that a voucher or piece of merchandise was bought and raffled to the those who had donated but only RFC52 agreed :lol:

going to post office, will reply to that when I come back, but all members please feel free to discuss the points.

A few thoughts on this:

1. The members didn't put the money in to win a prize, they put the money in to sponsor a player, and we have achieved that.

2. The important thing is that the fund money primarily goes directly to help Rangers. The player sponsorship, raffle tickets and Brick meet that requirement

3. It is however important that the Sponsors feel they are getting genuine benefits from putting their money up - entry into the hall of fame is one benefit. Being able to vote on how to spend the money (and have their opinion counted) is another, but we should definitely try to find/create more benefits.

4. Regarding raffling things (ie paying a pound to enter) - if we raffle a shirt amongst 85 members, we earn £85 for Rangers. If we raffle it to the whole forum, we could potentially earn Thousands for Rangers (unlikley I know but hundreds anyway)

5. So I think we need to find a mix of things, so that some are exclusively for sponsors, and others to be raffled amongst the whole forum. Obviously this would need agreement and support from RM - it would be a major headache for them to administer such a raffle, so we would need to find something that is practical too.

6. Every decision we make on anything is decided by majority will of the Sponsors, so if they don't want to only raffle it amongst themselves, that's what would happen.

7. A good example of this will be unveiled shortly ;)

How's that?

Update: We have collected a fair amount more cash over the last day or so, but it will take bluepeter a bit of time to pull all the numbers together.

As soon as he informs me, I will update the available cash figure in the first post of this thread, and add a new post to let you know

A just like gambling the less people in a raffle the better my odds :lol:

For the raffle I'm sure everyone trusts admin to do it. You can give everyone a number maybe in order of receipt of payment and there's random number generator websites on Google.

I'll back the hospitality for 2 with a £2 entry open to all.

I'd draw the winner first then get the most expensive hospitality that the raffle money can afford or a cheaper one if the winner prefers. The winner could also chose their own game.