The Official *** SPONSORS: Let's Spend The Money! *** Thread

govanblue

Aye small things like that seem like a good idea too.I also forgot about the gift for Sandy,whether it be as simple as a card or an actual gift.Personaly I don't think it is invading his privacy,not like we are asking anything of him,we would just be showing him we are thinking of him.I doubt he would recieve it and be like "wtf,those pesky kids ruining my day with this very nice card/gift"

I agree with you re Sandy, but after an initial bout of overwhelming support, on the thread, there are now a few raising objections to it.

So it needs to be debated more, and people need to nail their colours to the mast so that we can reach a decision either way.

His birthday is on 31st December, and a birthday card might be a better idea than a get well card, in which case, we can afford to debate it for a few days over the xmas break

I will let the debate run for a bit, and if we can't see a clear consensus, we may find that we need a poll :(

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we got a half season ticket for £135 , there is 10 home games left I think , so could let ten different members of the forum who cant normally afford go get to see a game?

another idea for the left over money . We could buy some of the rangers memorabilia off the official site and raffle it off . Its a lot cheaper than you would think .

last yrs Jig shirt £100 or Albertz signed print for £80 http://www.rangerspi...41296&gid=56225

Aye Wully, Easy enough. No effort whatsoever.

:p20: :p20: :p20: :p20: :p20: :p20: :p20: :p20: :p20: :p20: :p20: :p20: :p20: :p20: :p20:

:lol:

Your time and effort is recognised and appreciated so don't worry GB :D

What I meant was there was plenty on here who coughed up straight away or as soon as they possibly could and we had enough within a couple of day.

With a couple weeks to organise some time in the new year I'm sure we can easily meet the £900

:thumbup:

It was easy enough to get the funds in just a few days and right before crimbo so don't think we need to worry about next seasons sponsor.

Spend the money, I say.

In some ways it may be harder next season because:

1. It's twice the price

2. The novelty may have worn off for some

3. It will not be pushed as intensively as this one was. We had a very tight deadline, so everybody pulled together. Next season it may be more of a trickle than a flood

But you could easily list 3 reasons why it could be easier too, I suppose.

:lol:

Your time and effort is recognised and appreciated so don't worry GB :D

What I meant was there was plenty on here who coughed up straight away or as soon as they possibly could and we had enough within a couple of day.

With a couple weeks to organise some time in the new year I'm sure we can easily meet the £900

:thumbup:

OK, I'll let you off.

But we all know if it was down to you, you'd blow the lot on some 100/1 Worthless old Nag :P

In some ways it may be harder next season because:

1. It's twice the price

2. The novelty may have worn off for some

3. It will not be pushed as intensively as this one was. We had a very tight deadline, so everybody pulled together. Next season it may be more of a trickle than a flood

But you could easily list 3 reasons why it could be easier too, I suppose.

We could do it over the month of Feb giving everyone a chance to pay and come up with new ideas and incentives.

How much are we looking at banking after the brick anyway?

We could do it over the month of Feb giving everyone a chance to pay and come up with new ideas and incentives.

How much are we looking at banking after the brick anyway?

Off the record, after the brick, I guesstimate about £400. Maybe more if we can continue to sign up new members over the next 10 days !!!!!

Off the record, after the brick, I guesstimate about £400. Maybe more if we can continue to sign up new members over the next 10 days !!!!!

Fuck, didn't think it was that much!

It would be a good start for next year right enough.

I still think we should do the raffle for the hospitality at £1 or £2 and if the raffle intake doesn't cover the cost use some of that and bank the rest. Although I'm sure such a prize will attract much interest and may even end up with more than we did.

Rangers get the money, I get to gamble in a controlled environment for low stakes and some lucky wo/man get's to go hospitality at Ibrox :D

Fuck, didn't think it was that much!

It would be a good start for next year right enough.

I still think we should do the raffle for the hospitality at £1 or £2 and if the raffle intake doesn't cover the cost use some of that and bank the rest. Although I'm sure such a prize will attract much interest and may even end up with more than we did.

Rangers get the money, I get to gamble in a controlled environment for low stakes and some lucky wo/man get's to go hospitality at Ibrox :D

The problem with raffles though is that they would be a nightmare for the Admins (ie poor old bluepeter and jadam) trying to make sense of hundreds of £1 donations, with so many forgetting to add their usernames!

So it would need to be something that they were fully able and willing to support. And after the hassle we've caused them with this fundraiser, they could do with a wee break!

But maybe we can find other ways of handling such things. No harm in discussing such ideas at least.

The problem with raffles though is that they would be a nightmare for the Admins (ie poor old bluepeter and jadam) trying to make sense of hundreds of £1 donations, with so many forgetting to add their usernames!

So it would need to be something that they were fully able and willing to support. And after the hassle we've caused them with this fundraiser, they could do with a wee break!

But maybe we can find other ways of handling such things. No harm in discussing such ideas at least.

Suppose it would be a big job organising it all. If one of admin were willing to do it I think it should be considered though.

I personally think the card/gift for Sandy is a good idea. I dont think it's invading his privacy at all, I think it lets him know he is in our thoughts (along with the applause at the game). It's not like all 80 odd of the sponsers will turn up at his door with it. We could contact the club and let them take it to him on our behalf. I'm sure someone associated with the club whether it be an ex player or staff memeber will have been to see him or his family, they could take it to him on their next visit to see him.

I personally think the card/gift for Sandy is a good idea. I dont think it's invading his privacy at all, I think it lets him know he is in our thoughts (along with the applause at the game). It's not like all 80 odd of the sponsers will turn up at his door with it. We could contact the club and let them take it to him on our behalf. I'm sure someone associated with the club whether it be an ex player or staff memeber will have been to see him or his family, they could take it to him on their next visit to see him.

I agree with you completely. Do some folk think we're planning a candlelit vigil or something? We don't even know where he lives, and I have no intention of trying to find that out.

I always assumed any card or whatever would be handed in to Ibrox. I am sure they are receiving lots of cards for him, and without a doubt will be passing them on to him.

GB I am happy to put in £10 Jan and £10 Feb and in March if need be. Just let me know when you are ready to start collecting for the new sponsorship.

Cheers. ZZed.

We haven't decided how to play it next season yet, but we will keep everone posted.

Update: We have now collected a whopping £950.85 which after the Darren Cole sponsorship and the 33 raffle tickets, leaves us with £367.85 in the fund. :thumbup:

I am also sitting on a chunk of money raised by the very generous additional donations from the Annan Programme recipients. I'll give you details on that when all the admin is sorted out for it. :P

But in the meantime, give yourself a big round of applause :clap: :clap: :clap: , and let's see if we can break the Thousand Pound barrier! :21:

Update: We have now collected a whopping £950.85 which after the Darren Cole sponsorship and the 33 raffle tickets, leaves us with £367.85 in the fund. :thumbup:

I am also sitting on a chunk of money raised by the very generous additional donations from the Annan Programme recipients. I'll give you details on that when all the admin is sorted out for it. :P

But in the meantime, give yourself a big round of applause :clap: :clap: :clap: , and let's see if we can break the Thousand Pound barrier! :21:

Fantastic! :praise: shows what can be achieved when the cause is just and the people united :uk: