Charlie's speech

simplythebest

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the vast majority of Bears would applaud the UB,TBO and any other "fan sect" who bring that great atmosphere to Ibrox with their incessant chanting and singing for 90+ minutes, but tonight was a Faux Pas on their part as far as I'm concerned.

There are times and places for protesting about things you don't like or want to see at Ibrox.Doing it while Charles Green was thanking the supporters for their continued support enabling us to get back to the top of the pile was not one of them.

By all means let Charles Green know your feelings about keeping Ibrox as our visible name on the stadium,because I tend to agree with you,but do it at a time where you don't get yourself a bad reputation for doing so.

Say renaming Ibrox gave us a massive financial advantage over our rivals, would you be totally against it?

You may dislike modern football (I dislike the greed of players) but we have to embrace it if we are to push on.

Ibrox will always be known as Ibrox to the fans and the media too. Look at St James' Park, during the Sports Direct sponsorship, it was more often than not called St. James' Park by fans and the media.

To be fair Alex that isn't really the point on this issue, I think people can be dead against renaming and still see that doing that when they did tonight was wrong.

Stato, you don't have to know anyone to have an opinion on their actions, I think what the UB did tonight was extremely disappointing, something you would expect from the GB, and for continuing during the applause for Sandy Jardine, that is disgusting

Say renaming Ibrox gave us a massive financial advantage over our rivals, would you be totally against it?

You may dislike modern football (I dislike the greed of players) but we have to embrace it if we are to push on.

Ibrox will always be known as Ibrox to the fans and the media too. Look at St James' Park, during the Sports Direct sponsorship, it was more often than not called St. James' Park by fans and the media.

It won't though, no point being hypothetical. Deal with the facts/figures being floated around.

1.5m. Will do next to nothing for us. Are you trying to tell me that you are willing to sell off a our famous, historic stadiums name thats been there since 1899 for a mere 1.5m?

Ok was in bf1 tonight didn't chant during the speach was trying to here Charles And was dissapointed everyone else was singing but tbf the boy with the drum had his back to the stadium and you can't hear much when he is banging that so he maybe didn't know. But on the sandy incident for the first 10 mins everyone was shouting at people to continue to hold the banners up and I didn't hear any applause so forgot about it and tbh I think that was the case for everyone else in that section so back off because we sang there's only 1 sandy jardine for a good five minutes when nobody else in the stadium did so does that make everyone else disrespectful ?

Loved listening to the man again. :cgreen::clap:

Never picked up on this at the time from the opposite end but hearing the BF1 were doing some protest about the Ibrox naming rights during Green's talk. Very poor show and disrespectful if true, whatever opinion you have on the topic it was not the time when he was announcing a successful share issue. (td)

What was act said in the speach ?? In the states so missed the game!

Exactly my thoughts timing of the protest could of been better!,

I am not fully against the renaming of IBROX - I understand from a business perspective it makes sense!

But as Charles has stated he is becoming more of a fan now, i don't think he will rush into this decision without thinking about the full outcome!

VIDEO - Charles Green Speech Announcing That 22.2 Million Was Raised From The Share Issue.

I would, yes.

I assume they had planned it not knowing Charles was going to speak and they just went ahead even though it was very wrong to do it over his speech. To be honest I don't think they were heard much but the banners were pretty plain to see and they had a big one later as well.

I wouldn't object to something like 'the Sports Direct stadium, Ibrox' but dropping Ibrox completely is not on and fans won't go along with it anyway so even an official name change would not stop it being Ibrox.

Ridiculous timing and a shameful display.

If not for Green, we might not have an Ibrox or Rangers.

It's his job to rebuild the club, and he'd be negligent not to consider any means of funding that. There are players to buy and bills to pay on the way back to the top. The club needs the money and I think some folk are forgetting the perilous state we were in only a few short months ago.

If he can get a few million quid for allowing somebody to hang a sign on Ibrox, I'm all for it. Money for old rope. No point doing it for a pittance though, it has to be a decent wedge.

He's not selling the stadium name, it'll always be Ibrox, no matter what sign they put up.

Companies put their names on the players shirts but they are still Rangers players.

TBF if your going to have a protest about a stadium name change then the best time to have it is when Charlie Green is on the pitch it means he seen it first hand.

I'm for taking the money for altering the stadium name within reason.

Nah.

You give the man who was the only one with the balls to actually sit up and do something for this club in it's time of need the respect to get his words out without acting like drunken neds.

It won't though, no point being hypothetical. Deal with the facts/figures being floated around.

1.5m. Will do next to nothing for us. Are you trying to tell me that you are willing to sell off a our famous, historic stadiums name thats been there since 1899 for a mere 1.5m?

rent out the name, not sell it off is more like it if we are splitting hairs.

to go further, it changed from Ibrox park to Ibrox stadium in that time.

plus I doubt they woould get rid of Ibrox from the name all together (Ibrox sports direct areana/ stadium)

and to say 1.5m will do nothing for us? Get real for a minute.

TBF if your going to have a protest about a stadium name change then the best time to have it is when Charlie Green is on the pitch it means he seen it first hand.

I'm for taking the money for altering the stadium name within reason.

he sits in the main stand, doubt he would have missed it any other time.