Problems getting to tomorrow's game

Yes. Just discovered there seem to be no trains going to Glasgow Queen Street on Boxing Day. I'm furious that only just found out. The wife has the car for her work tomorrow so can't use that. Only live in Stirling and is f...ing annoying to find that the train service to Glasgow has been cancelled for the day. Maybe it was well advertised but I didn't see it. Bound to affect a lot of fans travelling from the North.

I, like many of you, intend on getting pished tonight. So I'd need to use public transport tomorrow and it'll be a skeleton service at best.

So, despite having bought and paid for my seat I won't be going. I imagine many are in the same boat.

Anyone else struggling to get to the game tomorrow with the trains off?

I've been desperately trying to get contact no.s for the Stenhousemuir True Blues or Camelon buses but no luck yet.

If anyone knows these no.s please let me know, thanks.

Not long logged on mate,i am a member of the Stenhousemuir bus,cannot get a hold of Ally the bus convenor,but will try again tomorrow,we usually have a near full bus,think there will be a few straglers tomorrow, with hangovers,the bus leaves the shopping centre at 12.45,fck it my boy can sit on my knee to accomidate you guys,if all else fails......

Not long logged on mate,i am a member of the Stenhousemuir bus,cannot get a hold of Ally the bus convenor,but will try again tomorrow,we usually have a near full bus,think there will be a few straglers tomorrow, with hangovers,the bus leaves the shopping centre at 12.45,fck it my boy can sit on my knee to accomidate you guys,if all else fails......

Thanks mate, I'll be on RM tomorrow and will head along to the Plough around 12:30 and hopefully get on.

Thanks mate, I'll be on RM tomorrow and will head along to the Plough around 12:30 and hopefully get on.

As i say mate,i cannot say for certain,but i will try and contact Ally tomorrow,but the more the MERRIER,[it is xmas time],have you been on the bus before mate,you should really join,its a far easier option for yourself,its a hard 500 yard walk to the bus for myself,maybe getting ahead of myself here,cos Ally can be a crabbit cnut,hope to fck he is not on here lol..........

There will be 3 of us tomorrow, as my brother is up for Christmas and my mate is nearby as his wife's family are from Denny.

I usually take the train for home games as I drink in town before/ after the games.

Hopefully we will get on or it's a day in the station bar for us!

This is from the Scotrail website this morning. There does not appear to be any trains running to / from Glasgow Queen St today so for anyone travelling from the north does not look like there is any rail travel. Don't know if the Edin - Glas rail service is on but going via Glasgow Central. Looks like travel shambles for anyone going to the game by rail unless you are travelling from the slations listed below. If I've got this wrong and there are actually trains to Queen St from Stirling then would appreciate a Bear posting the details of times.

Wednesday 26 December

Boxing Day

A Sunday service will run on the following routes, with the first trains running slightly later than normal (please check the Journey Planner for exact times of first and last trains):

- Glasgow Central - Ayr

- Glasgow Central - Ardrossan / Largs

- Glasgow Central - Gourock / Wemyss Bay

- Glasgow Central - Newton / Neilston

- Glasgow Central - East Kilbride

- Glasgow Central - Kilmarnock / Girvan

- Glasgow Central - Shotts

- Lanark / Motherwell - Milngavie

- Motherwell - Balloch

- Larkhall - Partick

- Helensburgh - Bathgate

Because of engineering works, Glasgow Queen Street High Level is shut. There are the following additional hourly services with connections available at Springburn for Glasgow Queen Street Low Level and Milngavie:

- Cumbernauld - Croy

- Springburn - Milngavie

That would be your best bet mate,ask about for Ally everyone knows him,he is the biggest Rangers supporter i have known and will try and help if he can,he has run the Stenhousemuir bus for 28 years and he will be able to tell you if the bus is full or not,it can be a busy bus most weeks,all down to the big mans convening.Infact he has just issued us with new Stenhousemuir True Blues shirts for Xmas.