Old firm derby new years day

andymcg1986

I have mixed views on them. Our recorded is not great in them. They stopped for a while I am sure early 2000's but if my memory serves we haven't won one since that Albertz free kick at the start of 1997 finished 3-1 to us. Is thy correct?

The New Year / Christmas Old Firm Derby is always the Second Old Firm Derby in a season.

And in regards to the second league Old Firm game in a season we have only won one of these games since that Albertz free kick and that was in the 2004 / 2005 season (tu)

the establishment in that game lol

how cadete was flagged i dont know, and the foul on the tim for our second goal was brilliant

back in the good old day where you could guarantee a 12th man in an OF game if we werent at our best

pretty sure the call was for handball not offside. although not sure it was a handball - i remember at the time thinking it was a definte handball, but when you saw the reply, he was just trying to move his hand out the way

Remember me and one of my mates ended up standing next to our chemistry teacher from school in the London road end when spackman scored and we won 1-0. The 3 of us were goin nuts, chemistry became much more interesting as we always talked about the bears during class after that !! Might have been the 2nd right enough? Missed the bus and walked it back to uddingston getting dogs abuse most of the way. watp.

I know there was a gap of 17 years when the game was not played.

2010-11 was the first time for them play each other on New Year’s Day for the first time in 17 years.

The one before that took place on Jan 1, at Parkhead in 1994, Walter Smith’s Rangers beat Lou Macari’s Celtic 4-2 in a match pock-marked by crowd trouble.

Mark Hateley and Alexei Mikhailitchenko scored to put Rangers two up after only three minutes and when the Ukranian made it 3-0 after 28 minutes

the home fans took their frustration out on the men running their club.Bottles, coins, pies and golf balls were thrown at the director’s box