Should Ally Just Go?

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because It's mine and I'm right ;) ...........they two think because sometimes they look and see a formation on the park...oh! look 4 players along the back ...two standing in midfield so we must be playing 4-2-4.......................Was never a 4-2-4 as you never saw anyone really playing off Jig.

Andy Little was playing alongside Jig once McKay came on.

You're giving an opinion of a game you obviously were not at.

Correct. I watched it on the internet where I had the benefit of a whole range of camera angles to further clarify any contentious moments as opposed to being sat in a stadium where small things can be missed very easily.

Although how my opinion on a game I wasn't at is related to pointing out Walter Smith and his 'continental' period escapes me.

Did he? as an out and out striker.............yet did Ally not move Jig out of the strikers role and into a holding role in midfield?

I wouldn't say so, no. He may have been a little deeper than previous but certainly not drawn back into a holding midfield role.

I will be shocked if quite a few are not thinking just that.

Serious question: Does anyone truly believe that Ally has the managerial ability required?

I admit I am not 100% convinced about Ally's long term ability to lead us to success at the top level. I hope he does, and he has plenty of practice ahead so we'll see!

I will be shocked if quite a few are not thinking just that.

Serious question: Does anyone truly believe that Ally has the managerial ability required?

I was torn a real one on another forum(no not that one, have never been on that) when I said a year ago, that I had reservations re Ally as a manager.........just on his body language as assist manager and still have that feeling...........Do stress this is solely as a manager for Rangers.................hope time will prove me wrong.

I dont really think that today was about formations... We had plenty of players up the park and circled their box for most of the game. We were faced with a wall of defenders that was hard to break down.. once the wall was broken down, we were poor in finishing the chances.

Even the best teams in the world struggle to break teams down that play this way...we are not gonna be any different, no matter who we play!

I was torn a real one on another forum(no not that one, have never been on that) when I said a year ago, that I had reservations re Ally as a manager.........just on his body language as assist manager and still have that feeling...........Do stress this is solely as a manager for Rangers.................hope time will prove me wrong.

How much time though? I can honestly say that I haven't seen a single piece of evidence to suggest that Ally has improved as a manager. Like everyone else, we'd love to see him succeed but I just don't see it happening, I'm sorry to say. Going out tonight so will catch all my flak later!!

I dont really think that today was about formations... We had plenty of players up the park and circled their box for most of the game. We were faced with a wall of defenders that was hard to break down.. once the wall was broken down, we were poor in finishing the chances.

Even the best teams in the world struggle to break teams down that play this way...we are not gonna be any different, no matter who we play!

Come on it's the third division these guys are plumbers and painters for a living ... today was all about us backing off after we got the goal and expecting to win but if the truth be told the bigger picture is I'm dreading Ally being given money to spend :anguish:

How much time though? I can honestly say that I haven't seen a single piece of evidence to suggest that Ally has improved as a manager. Like everyone else, we'd love to see him succeed but I just don't see it happening, I'm sorry to say. Going out tonight so will catch all my flak later!!

Egg timer has been turned over ,the day Green took control .