Charles Green: too outspoken?

RockwellGers

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was watching something on youtube earlier about Led Zeppelin and it reminded me of their manager Peter Grant who definitely was it for his own gain but it didnt stop him also doing his best for the band ... the 2 things don't have to be mutually exclusive

This, in a nutshell. At first though confident that he would stabilise us I was cynical about his reasons being purely monetarily motivated, but the more he says the more I see of his passion for the cause.

Stop, don't go mental.

Having someone vigorously fight our corner and never fail to speak up regarding unfair treatment & corruption, that is an excellent thing to have. The same goes for his shrewd and resourceful business acumen. I am NOT knocking these qualities.

The point I am making is that, in my opinion, sometimes Mr Green would do better to keep his cards a bit closer to his chest. There is such a thing as being too keen to get your point across and hit out at those who would cause problems for us.

It's all very well going on about leaving Scottish football, but I don't think he should be making public statements about that unless there is any possibility of it happening. It can make us look a bit silly.

Of course the happenings in Scottish football and our lack of involvement merit a response, I'm not denying that.

I think we should continue to look for options outwith Scotland, but in the meantime get on with our rebuilding, improvement and ascent like a club possessed.

Why are you so obsessed.

I wish i had the confidence in CG that some of you guys do. Let's never forget he is a business man and the SOLE reason he is here is to make money for CG - hopefully in his mind a shed load.

He doesn't have the interests of RFC at heart unless it serves to further his sole reason. Imo he shots his mouth off far too

often.

he hasn't let us down so far so why the scepticism?

I was watching something on youtube earlier about Led Zeppelin and it reminded me of their manager Peter Grant who definitely was it for his own gain but it didnt stop him also doing his best for the band ... the 2 things don't have to be mutually exclusive

You'll give us 90% or I'll have you shot.

Now wouldn't he be fun at the helm :D

I wish i had the confidence in CG that some of you guys do. Let's never forget he is a business man and the SOLE reason he is here is to make money for CG - hopefully in his mind a shed load.

He doesn't have the interests of RFC at heart unless it serves to further his sole reason. Imo he shots his mouth off far too

often.

Aye cos fans at the helm always works out well doesn't it?

The interests of RFC are making money - as much of it as possible.

- Shareholder Loyal ;)

Stop, don't go mental.

Having someone vigorously fight our corner and never fail to speak up regarding unfair treatment & corruption, that is an excellent thing to have. The same goes for his shrewd and resourceful business acumen. I am NOT knocking these qualities.

The point I am making is that, in my opinion, sometimes Mr Green would do better to keep his cards a bit closer to his chest. There is such a thing as being too keen to get your point across and hit out at those who would cause problems for us.

It's all very well going on about leaving Scottish football, but I don't think he should be making public statements about that unless there is any possibility of it happening. It can make us look a bit silly.

Of course the happenings in Scottish football and our lack of involvement merit a response, I'm not denying that.

I think we should continue to look for options outwith Scotland, but in the meantime get on with our rebuilding, improvement and ascent like a club possessed.

I can see where you are coming from with this post,mate! but if you look at his comments in their entirety, you will see that his main point is the stupidity of this proposed new set up.He said; "If that's what we have sat here eagerly awaiting, my advice is the quicker we can leave Scottish football the better,"

He then went on to say; "On first glance, of course, there is nowhere for us to go because Fifa have made their feelings known on cross-border leagues,"

"Hand on heart, there isn't an option but that doesn't mean we shouldn't start looking for an option.

"If all we have to look forward to over the next four years is more madness then we would be failing as directors not to explore the alternative"

I'm quite happy for him to state what the majority of Rangers supporters would like to see happen in the future,whether it upsets the rest of Scottish football or not is no concern of mine.

The BBC article that "Rangers will consider leaving Scottish football if plans to restructure the leagues are pushed through" is slightly misleading because it makes it seem that if these plans are approved,Charles Green will consider pulling us out of Scottish football even if we have nowhere to go.

Fucking typical BBC twisting of words once again shocker :cgreen:

I don't believe a word comes out his mouth without being well thought out first.

I think it's a reaction from others he is looking for to manouver us into a stronger position.

We may not have any voting rights atm but he is trying to influence others

Spot on mate.

We might not have a vote, but if clubs think there is a real possibility of us taking our golden goose elsewhere, they might think twice about voting in this ridiculous plan.

often.

first thought was comeoffit.

Second thought was tim

Thanks for telling us what we all already know, that CG is a business man in this game to make money. he has said that from his first day in charge.

I believe Charlie reads these boards and makes statements according to how the fans are thinking.

We should all know that there's no chance of us going anywhere soon and so does Green so why say it?

His statement made does actually say he knows we don't have anywhere to go but we have to look at options.

Also the whole "we should quit Scotland" is a headline taken from a statement where he says he would recommend to tge board that we should look at ways of quitting, really don't think he would make such a throw away statement as "ok that's it were leaving"

To make money he only needs to build the club to a sufficient level to convince other people that they can make money out of RFC. If he can do that he sells, pockets his profit and says see ya!

If he ACTUALLY stays until RFC is returned to healthy profits what would be the incentive to then sell? The trick with any investment is to get out just before the peak. That way you get a buyer who believes there is still potential for further profit.

His statement made does actually say he knows we don't have anywhere to go but we have to look at options.

Also the whole "we should quit Scotland" is a headline taken from a statement where he says he would recommend to tge board that we should look at ways of quitting, really don't think he would make such a throw away statement as "ok that's it were leaving"

Fair point, planting the seed rather than rash statement.