Are we actually being slow-tracked under SPL 12-12-18 proposal?

OlegKuznetsov

I'm always keen to analyse the arguments used against us and the assumptions upon which they rest, as you may be aware by now. I do feel that the interpretation of our various issues usually disfavours us. With that in mind, I am again turning the logic of their assumptions on its head to counter the prevailing narrative.

Given the Stranraer precedent, along with 12-12-18 entailing we are being kept in the bottom tier regardless of our winning of the league, are we actually being slow-tracked since the non-promotion would keep us in the bottom tier?

Obviously the first argument against my point is that it would take us no longer to reach the top, but the bottom to top journey is being reduced to 3 years from 4 years, rendering our "promotion" null and void whilst leaving us still in the bottom tier. Ultimately, we would still be in the bottom tier after what would be a somewhat wasted year. We shouldn't have a promotion that doesn't promote us.

Indeed, after the top two leagues split into 8-8-8, we are effectively in the 4th tier yet again, especially when you consider that this second phase under 8-8-8 provides a large and final chunk of the season with 14 games. It's a ,much bigger and clearer separation than the current split which observes existing points won, keeps teams of the same starting division together constituting a mere 5 fixtures. The other key aspect of this second phase is that it is the decisive phase and that the middle tier of 8 is indeed a new tier since points are zeroed and it is constituted of clubs that didn't play each other during the first phase.

A more farcical observation of this split is who wins the second tier? Can it be a club that were originally not in the second tier? Or can it be a club that was originally in the second tier, moved to the second phase second tier, but was relegated back to the first phase second tier? Surely it can't be the winner of the third tier of 8.

Even more farcical was the revelation that each section of 8 would award its winner with a "trophy or maybe a pennant" as one of the hair-brained scheme's media proponents espoused. A trophy or maybe a pennant. Please pause to reflect on that. Thank God they've got it all planned so well, having left nothing to chance and been careful not to rush into something silly.

The emphasis upon the fact that "Rangers mustn't and won't be fast-tracked" paints a misleading picture, because I believe it is valid to say they're wasting our season and indeed slow-tracking us by cancelling out a promotion.

Furthermore, since the new second tier doesn't actually have a real winner, are they trying to undermine us a second time under this proposal?

Nonetheless, my main point is that by cancelling out a promotion, we are actually being slow-tracked with the introduction of a 3/4-tier hybrid setup after we win the 4th tier, should it go through.

I'm confused because right now at the end of the season we have

SPL

Div 1

Div 2

Div 3 (we win but dont get promoted)

After this restructure at the end of next season we'll have

Top 8

Mid 8

Bot 8

Div 2 (we win again)

So we're in the 4th teir of football this season and win it, but end up in the 4th teir of football next year?

I'm confused because right now at the end of the season we have

SPL

Div 1

Div 2

Div 3 (we win but dont get promoted)

After this restructure at the end of next season we'll have

Top 8

Mid 8

Bot 8

Div 2 (we win again)

So we're in the 4th teir of football this season and win it, but end up in the 4th teir of football next year?

I thank you for this. It adds more grist to the mill. If you don't mind, I'd like to nick that to further my argument.

Excellent point, mate. (tu)

It's all smoke and mirrors, they screwed it up and are looking for a quick fix, crossing their fingers hoping the diddy teams fans take an interest in a dying league

If we hadn't had our troubles would they be running around trying to change things? no, they'd be sitting back and watching us keep the whole shit pile in business

It's all smoke and mirrors, they screwed it up and are looking for a quick fix, crossing their fingers hoping the diddy teams fans take an interest in a dying league

If we hadn't had our troubles would they be running around trying to change things? no, they'd be sitting back and watching us keep the whole shit pile in business

Indeed they would.

Why has it taken all this time since thon guy (McLeish ?) did an investigation into Scottish Football for them to NOW think of reconstructuring their diddy leagues ?

Great points guys and nice love in .If this goes through ,it will only be for the benefit of the one club that's pulling the strings in this Country .It may help other clubs in Division one initially but they will get short term gain for long term pain selling there souls for the quick fix .Find it ironic that it's people with a beggar persuasion giving it 100%backing.

If this goes through and we win the league this year and whichever team finishes last,will be in the exact same position,in how many seasons it would take us too reach the SPL and yet they are still trying too convince us we are not being punished again.

The RFFF should be getting a lawyers letter ready for EVERY team who votes this through,the only way this will stop is through the courts.

it is only septic that win if we are not able to reach the so called top league any time soon

the euro money they would take in offsets rangers being in same league and humping them into second place

the rest of the clubs will be the ones that suffer

surely they will start waking up to this glaring fact!

Great points guys and nice love in .If this goes through ,it will only be for the benefit of the one club that's pulling the strings in this Country .It may help other clubs in Division one initially but they will get short term gain for long term pain selling there souls for the quick fix .Find it ironic that it's people with a beggar persuasion giving it 100%backing.

To be honest m8 I don't think they give a toss, they know they've got a clear run at winning the league for the next 3 seasons no matter what the setup, all they're interested in is guaranteed CL football and the money it gives them over the period, that's why they don't need us and that's why they'll back any decision that holds us back.

They don't care about what's good for Scottish football or competive leagues, they only care about themselves.

To be honest m8 I don't think they give a toss, they know they've got a clear run at winning the league for the next 3 seasons no matter what the setup, all they're interested in is guaranteed CL football and the money it gives them over the period, that's why they don't need us and that's why they'll back any decision that holds us back.

They don't care about what's good for Scottish football or competive leagues, they only care about themselves.

I recon that no matter HOW they divvy the leagues.... the writing will be more easilly seen on the wall next season cos' fans will be watching kack and attendances WILL be worse, that's for sure.... THEN more clubs WILL feel that pinch.... point of fact, that 'pinch' will become a BIG sumo squeeze next season for a lot of them.

Their fans certainly dont give a toss, given their attendances (if you can find them).

If this goes through and we win the league this year and whichever team finishes last,will be in the exact same position,in how many seasons it would take us too reach the SPL and yet they are still trying too convince us we are not being punished again.

The RFFF should be getting a lawyers letter ready for EVERY team who votes this through,the only way this will stop is through the courts.

It takes us the same number of seasons as if they don't do anything. The difference is that in year 3 we will be playing the 4 bottom teams in the SPL.

I agree with you Oleg,

I would place a bet on Harper Mcleod drawing up the reconstruction, getting the best for the offended one's, whilst standing on our throats and dipping our pockets at the same time, Major Win Win for them.

You only have to look at that meeting that took place a few weeks back, you know, the one that Regan and Doncaster had grins like Cheshire cats. They tried to tell the footballing world that this 12 12 18 setup would be exciting, and lead to more meaningful games,. Whilst in the real world, just about every fan in the country wanted nothing to do with it, well ...................."we have to educate the fans" said Regan, with his "I know Football" and I am convinced this will work. That meeting had less than 25% percent of Scottish teams at it. They heralded that everyone should back this plan, regardless of the flaws.

Lets take a gamble and if it doesn't work, well we can always try something else. The main thing is that we will have one governing body, everything is, no matter how ridiculous, worth paying this price.

The only reason that we will have one body, is that the other is bust, it cannot afford to go on for another season, it can barely keep it's head above water, and regardless of what league setup they go for, change will be forced through this season.

I don't think it matters what anyone with a modicum of common sense thinks. Our club are not invited for talks and have no vote. I hope though that Charles Green and his board are actively trying to influence the vote of fellow chairmen, that is the one and only way that the current proposal could be defeated.

Lets us be realistic, we will have to compete in the system that is decided by a democratic vote whether we like it or not.

In the end, after many years, we will not lose, we will not be defeated and Never Surrender.

Its shit for now bears but we like our fearless armed forces we will soldier on.

WATP

I don't think it matters what anyone with a modicum of common sense thinks. Our club are not invited for talks and have no vote. I hope though that Charles Green and his board are actively trying to influence the vote of fellow chairmen, that is the one and only way that the current proposal could be defeated.

Lets us be realistic, we will have to compete in the system that is decided by a democratic vote whether we like it or not.

In the end, after many years, we will not lose, we will not be defeated and Never Surrender.

Its shit for now bears but we like our fearless armed forces we will soldier on.

WATP

BEST thing said all night maybe.

You just soldier on..... especially when ya have no input...... lol, having said THAT... how many spl clubs... having looked at their balance sheets now WANT Rangers out of any equation ?

(having felt that no Gers money)

It takes us the same number of seasons as if they don't do anything. The difference is that in year 3 we will be playing the 4 bottom teams in the SPL.

Yes,because there will be one league less,its the same for all teams in our present division so effectively making this season meaningless.

What should happen if there's one League less we should move to the next division up,the precedent was set.with Stranraer in the early 90s.