Killie served with winding up order

robg58

According to the Daily mail ,Kilmarnock have been served with a winding up order .A recorded delivery letter should be received today , failing a response Sherriffs officers will be visiting on Monday to serve the notice.

Last year their debt rose to 9.84 million against an income of7.4 million.

Shame. A decent club but nowhere near enough people turning up to sustain them. They'd always be one of the favourites to end up in trouble given the debt they took on to build the stadium and hotel.

From memory BOS were their bank so I imagine it is now Lloyds unless they've been able to refinance.

What we went through was terrible. I wouldn't wish that on any genuine football fans. Will be interested to see what sympathy and support comes their way from the rest of the football community if this is true

If it happens strip them of their league cup win the other season........will be the cry from those green plastic seat immigrants, also if they do go into administration and automatic 10 points or a third of last seasons points...how will they manage to fulfil their fixtures.................oops! that's right the sfa/spal will advance money to them against monies due.

Shame. A decent club but nowhere near enough people turning up to sustain them. They'd always be one of the favourites to end up in trouble given the debt they took on to build the stadium and hotel.

From memory BOS were their bank so I imagine it is now Lloyds unless they've been able to refinance.

What we went through was terrible. I wouldn't wish that on any genuine football fans. Will be interested to see what sympathy and support comes their way from the rest of the football community if this is true

Ah well that'll be another posting for Donald Muir.

Ah well that'll be another posting for Donald Muir.

With Rangers there was at least the possibility of trading on and paying down the debt. It needed champions league football and a reduction in the wage bill but as the decrease from £30m to £18m showed it was possible. The problem was the big tax case made the bank nervous hence Whyte and all the sh1te that followed.

For Killie there is no way they can ever pay that back from cash generated through the football club. Outside investment would be needed. Therefore I can't see the benefit in the bank putting someone on the board. There are no decisions they could influence that would help get the money back.

If they are close to admin the bank will face a big hit. Their security will be on the property. Can't see enough being raised selling a stadium and hotel in Kilmarnock!

In truth any club going into admin is likely to either disappear completely or be saved the way we were ie a business and asset deal with the oldco liquidated. Could make for a very crowded division 3 next year!

With Rangers there was at least the possibility of trading on and paying down the debt. It needed champions league football and a reduction in the wage bill but as the decrease from £30m to £18m showed it was possible. The problem was the big tax case made the bank nervous hence Whyte and all the sh1te that followed.

For Killie there is no way they can ever pay that back from cash generated through the football club. Outside investment would be needed. Therefore I can't see the benefit in the bank putting someone on the board. There are no decisions they could influence that would help get the money back.

If they are close to admin the bank will face a big hit. Their security will be on the property. Can't see enough being raised selling a stadium and hotel in Kilmarnock!

In truth any club going into admin is likely to either disappear completely or be saved the way we were ie a business and asset deal with the oldco liquidated. Could make for a very crowded division 3 next year!

I was being flippant, and I think it stands to reason that there are several SPL clubs teetering on the brink that could end up in liquidation.

That said the Kilmarnock Standard reports that their admin costs rose by £400k last year to a total of an astonishing £6.4 million. If you don't think that could be reduced significantly then feel free to justify it.

I was being flippant, and I think it stands to reason that there are several SPL clubs teetering on the brink that could end up in liquidation.

That said the Kilmarnock Standard reports that their admin costs rose by £400k last year to a total of an astonishing £6.4 million. If you don't think that could be reduced significantly then feel free to justify it.

Hells bells that seems a lot. I'd always assumed they had a fairly lean operation. Certainly don't ever recall stories of anything other than a tight wage structure. Possible that could include hotel costs too though.

Like I said I'd be interested to see the reaction to an SPL club entering admin. Time will tell...

Hells bells that seems a lot. I'd always assumed they had a fairly lean operation. Certainly don't ever recall stories of anything other than a tight wage structure. Possible that could include hotel costs too though.

Like I said I'd be interested to see the reaction to an SPL club entering admin. Time will tell...

That hotel is crippling them

This pretty much sums up the matter. Of all the clubs in the SPL they were the ones who abstained from voting us out, but if they saw this coming round the corner, then I doubt it was much more than treating others as they hope they will be.

No cunt should feel sorry for these fannys. Killie fans would rather there own club went bust than see Rangers in the top league.

Sorry to tell yous cunts but you will be seeing us back in the top league again soon & we will not be seeing yous again.

GIRUY'S!