Five Fixture Changes For Gers

rangersxfc

FIVE Rangers matches have been selected for TV broadcast in March and April including two fixtures at Ibrox.

The moves mean new kick off times for all five games with one of the matches also moving a day to Sunday.

The switches also mean that from mid March four consecutive Light Blues games will feature live on satellite TV.

Before that run of matches the Ibrox clash with East Stirlingshire on March 2 moves from 3pm to 12pm for live ESPN coverage.

Sky sports will carry Ally McCoist's side's journey to Elgin on March 16 with kick off moved from 3pm to 12.45pm.

The following weekend ESPN will host coverage from Ibrox as Stirling Albion visit on March 23, kick off now 12pm.

March 30 will also see a noon kick off on ESPN as Rangers travel to Links Park to face Montrose.

Into April and a Hampden clash with Queen's Park moves from Saturday April 6 to Sunday April 7 with a 12pm kick off on ESPN.

Its all about the Rangers

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would rather home games weren't on TV.

You shy?

Don't see it making too much difference honestly. The Stirling game on March 23rd, that will be my day off work and have been planning to come up for it for a while. Being on TV won't change that.

You shy?

Don't see it making too much difference honestly. The Stirling game on March 23rd, that will be my day off work and have been planning to come up for it for a while. Being on TV won't change that.

Match day is a big part of our income, games on the TV can discourage people to go, even if you aren't.

Bloody hell, it's the TV companies the moan is directed at, not Rangers. :lol:

I didn't say it was aimed at Rangers. People just like moaning in general. (tu)

You have to remember that Rangers fans across the UK and the World will enjoy easily accessible viewing of the games. Part of being a big club is about how many TV viewers you can attract as well. If say 5,000 less attend Ibrox but the TV figures are over 150,000 it does our status no harm at all. We've been laughing at the spl teams all season coz they can't get anyone to watch their games at the stadium or on TV.

Time the exploitation of Rangers stop and we became masters of our own destiny where TV rights are concerned we are not the grave train for Scottish Football sort it out CG

There is not much we can do unfortunetley.

The SPL/SFL own the TV rights we can't do a separate deal which will benefit ourselves financially with any TV company without the permission of the SPL/SFL so the SPL/SFL will continue to give us a minimal share of the money despite Rangers being responsible for bringing most of the money in. The only thing that we can realistically do is to get the rights to show all Rangers games that SKY/ESPN don't show on RangersTV Worldwide at the moment we have only been allowed to do that twice we need to be able to show every game posibble on RangersTV.

I didn't say it was aimed at Rangers. People just like moaning in general. (tu)

You have to remember that Rangers fans across the UK and the World will enjoy easily accessible viewing of the games. Part of being a big club is about how many TV viewers you can attract as well. If say 5,000 less attend Ibrox but the TV figures are over 150,000 it does our status no harm at all. We've been laughing at the spl teams all season coz they can't get anyone to watch their games at the stadium or on TV.

And this then gives us more negotiating strength when we are negotiating our new tv rights deal, so probably the net result will be significantly more cash.

There is nothing we can do at this time about these fixture changes as we were coerced into signing the agreement to get the SFA licence swapped over. However, they will be unable to use the same method of blackmail after the expiry of the current deal which I believe Charles Green said was at the end of this season.

There is one fairly obvious conclusion from all these games and that is our position as the most popular TV team as far as the viewers and TV companies are concerned. The SFL and Rangers should both use that fact to their advantage. I'm certain that CG will but I have some concerns regarding the SFL at this time. Hopefully someone will point that out to the SFL clubs at their meeting next week.

And this then gives us more negotiating strength when we are negotiating our new tv rights deal, so probably the net result will be significantly more cash.

Exactamundo. :thumbup:

Showing how much higher our viewing figures are than every other club in Scotland can only help us eventually negotiate with the TV companies separately.

Exactamundo. :thumbup:

Showing how much higher our viewing figures are than every other club in Scotland can only help us eventually negotiate with the TV companies separately.

It would be interesting to see at season's end, what percentage of the total viewing audience was for our games (Peasie will no doubt give us that :D ), and compare that to what percentage of total tv revenue went to Rangers ( a miniscule amount)

I think that will show quite clearly how badly cheated we have been.