Five Fixture Changes For Gers

rangersxfc

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The club should/could have said 'No' to these home game switches (especially the 12.00 noon Sunday shit).

Away games I can understand (though don't like) but home games should be 3.00pm Saturday and that should be sacrosanct.

Charles Green doesn't have to travel from Ulster, England or the north of Scotland to Ibrox on a Sunday lunch - indeed the Glasgow subway doesn't even start until 11.00 am on a Sunday - clearly the supporters are the last people being considered here.

Poor show from Rangers this..........poor show. :(

The club should/could have said 'No' to these home game switches (especially the 12.00 noon Sunday shit).

Away games I can understand (though don't like) but home games should be 3.00pm Saturday and that should be sacrosanct.

Charles Green doesn't have to travel from Ulster, England or the north of Scotland to Ibrox on a Sunday lunch - indeed the Glasgow subway doesn't even start until 11.00 am on a Sunday -[ clearly the supporters are the last people being considered here.

Exactly!

But we are moaning just for the sake of it eh?

One of the threads suggested I think that the TV deal might end at the end of this season (I thought they ended next season but may be wrong). If anyone can confirm when they end I'd be interested to know.

If the TV deals do end this season then it would be good to have a really packed Ibrox for the 2 home games and especially for the fnal game which could be billed as the last ever televised game by these TV providers on the basis of the deals they did with the SPL/SFA. The last tinkle of TV rights coins flowing into SPL/SFA coffers. And the future TV being deals done direct via RTV under the contracts Jim T will be working on with TV companies. At the last TV game under the SPL/SFL deal would be good to wave bye -bye and cheerio to the parasites who have sucked out TV money by virtue of the might of Rangers.

A packed Ibrox for the home games and a big TV audience as well. Should add some bargaining power to Jim T in his efforts to negotiate future TV deals direct with the media companies. Maybe the Times newspaper who won a broadcast right this week for some English games could be persuaded by Jim T to buy rights to Rangers games. Presumably we can deal direct in anticipation of the SPL/SFL TV deal ending.

Charles Green doesn't have to travel from Ulster, England or the north of Scotland to Ibrox on a Sunday lunch - indeed the Glasgow subway doesn't even start until 11.00 am on a Sunday - clearly the supporters are the last people being considered here.

Bloody Hell! Where have you been? TV is a big part of football, like it or not.

Is the acceptable alternative to have no games on TV then?

Edit:

clearly the supporters are the last people being considered here.

Define supporters. You seem to be only focusing on those who would be attending the game at the stadium. What about those supporters who for varying reasons can't make it to the stadium? Clearly you are not even considering those supporters.

The piper calls the tune not Rangers

I am guessing both ESPN and Sky recognise Rangers are going to tie up the league during March and want to make sure they are not scrambling around trying to get TV coverage later. Only reason I can see for their sudden interest in Ibrox matches. Think we have 5 games before the Shire game but 5 straight wins won't be enough to tie up the league. Be funny if we did it on the 9th March at Annan, seems to be the only week they haven't tied up.

Booked flights and hotel for the queens park game based on it being a saturday.Thats a couple of hundred quid ive just blown,not happy!!!!!

Much as I'm sorry to hear that, did you not anticipate that this would happen?

It will happen next season too, so try not to book anything so far in advance if you can avoid it.

Bloody Hell! Where have you been? TV is a big part of football, like it or not.

Is the acceptable alternative to have no games on TV then?

As stated - away games I can understand - the limited ticket availability points to them being 'live' - but furfuxsake, the home games should be Saturday at 3.00pm.

The "where have you been" will go down well with all those who lined up to renew ST's back in the summer.

As stated - away games I can understand - the limited ticket availability points to them being 'live' - but furfuxsake, the home games should be Saturday at 3.00pm.

The "where have you been" will go down well with all those who lined up to renew ST's back in the summer.

I don't understand the point you're making.

the home games should be Saturday at 3.00pm.

You must hate European games then.

I don't understand the point you're making.

You must hate European games then.

Are you taking the piss or whit? :angry:

I'm talking about weekend league football......but of course you fucking knew that.

The point I was making (and you take it further with another poster) is that I'm talking about Rangers' lack of consideration for the supporters who paid up front back in the summer of last year to put money into the club by purchasing ST's. The Saturday afternoon at home should be marked off as untouchable in this Division because we're pretty much selling out our home games - by all means televise the away games - we can't get enough tickets for those anyway - but if the club think that those Bears who have to travel far distances (Ulster, England, north of Scotland etc) to Glasgow will just repeat the ST renewal process next season when they see their weekend plans fucked out the window on a regular basis this season, the club had best think again.

Money's tight enough for most people and for you to dismiss as "shit happens" (or similar) when a lad's just been on saying he's lost a couple of hundred quid in hotels and flights due to this recent switch is just crassness on your part.

As for me defining "supporters" - away and take yer' heid for a shite. :angry:

There is nothing we can do at this time about these fixture changes as we were coerced into signing the agreement to get the SFA licence swapped over. However, they will be unable to use the same method of blackmail after the expiry of the current deal which I believe Charles Green said was at the end of this season.

There is one fairly obvious conclusion from all these games and that is our position as the most popular TV team as far as the viewers and TV companies are concerned. The SFL and Rangers should both use that fact to their advantage. I'm certain that CG will but I have some concerns regarding the SFL at this time. Hopefully someone will point that out to the SFL clubs at their meeting next week.

I think you'l find that the SFL have the tv rights of all of their members

so if the SFL decide (as they did this season) to sell the tv rights to the SPL...there is absolutely nothing we can do about it.

Are you taking the piss or whit? :angry:

I'm talking about weekend league football......but of course you fucking knew that.

The point I was making (and you take it further with another poster) is that I'm talking about Rangers' lack of consideration for the supporters who paid up front back in the summer of last year to put money into the club by purchasing ST's. The Saturday afternoon at home should be marked off as untouchable in this Division because we're pretty much selling out our home games - by all means televise the away games - we can't get enough tickets for those anyway - but if the club think that those Bears who have to travel far distances (Ulster, England, north of Scotland etc) to Glasgow will just repeat the ST renewal process next season when they see their weekend plans regualrly fucked out the window on a regular basis this season, the club had best think again.

Money's tight enough for most people and for you to dismiss as "shit happens" (or similar) when a lad's just been on saying he's lost a couple of hundred quid in hotels and flights due to this recent switch is just crassness on your part.

As for me defining "supporters" - away and take yer' heid for a shite. :angry:

I'm not taking the piss. I'm trying to have a conversation to understand your position.

I live in England, I renewed my ST this summer, I don't have an issue with this. I make time for Rangers I don't ask them to pander to my schedule. It's meant that I have only been up to 5 games so far this season due to working 6 days a week with an alternating rest day. Next season will be exactly the same. I'll buy my ST and I'll work my schedule around to make time for as many games as I can.

I feel for that lad, but seriously what's anyone doing booking flights etc for a game that is 3 months away? This isn't the first time this has happened this season it's to be expected. I have waited till confirmation before booking my flights.

Take my heid for a shite? Nice.

I didn't know you were only talking about league games. I thought you said it was sacrosanct. So does that mean it's only sacrosanct refering to SFL3 because we are selling out home games or is it across all domestic leagues up to the spl? And if we aren't selling out a home game then we can put it on TV? Your argument seems childish to me. Hence the name calling I presume.

Does anyone know if there will be more games on Sky . New baby on the way and ms is getting on my back about getting up to Ibrox. Sick of Sky bunch of cunts will be cancelling unless there are few more games on. Espn though get in

Does anyone know if there will be more games on Sky . New baby on the way and ms is getting on my back about getting up to Ibrox. Sick of Sky bunch of cunts will be cancelling unless there are few more games on. Espn though get in

The only game not discussed in the press release is the home game v Berwick in May.

So my guess is that's yer lot with Sky for this season.

I'm not taking the piss. I'm trying to have a conversation to understand your position.

I live in England, I renewed my ST this summer, I don't have an issue with this. I make time for Rangers I don't ask them to pander to my schedule. It's meant that I have only been up to 5 games so far this season due to working 6 days a week with an alternating rest day. Next season will be exactly the same. I'll buy my ST and I'll work my schedule around to make time for as many games as I can.

I feel for that lad, but seriously what's anyone doing booking flights etc for a game that is 3 months away? This isn't the first time this has happened this season it's to be expected. I have waited till confirmation before booking my flights.

Take my heid for a shite? Nice.

I didn't know you were only talking about league games.

I thought you said it was sacrosanct. So does that mean it's only sacrosanct refering to SFL3 because we are selling out home games or is it across all domestic leagues up to the spl? And if we aren't selling out a home game then we can put it on TV? Your argument seems childish to me. Hence the name calling I presume.

Bullshit!! Tell me when we last played a European game at the weekend?

You were taking the piss.

Hence the telling you to take yer' face for a shite. :angry: