***The Official Kangaroo Court Commision Thread***

simplythebest

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

G6.1.18 make such other direction, sanction or disposal, not expressly provided for in these Rules, as it shall think appropriate; and/or

This rule was added in after the court told the SFA that our punishment was not a listed option, THAT IS A FACT

DIRTY CORRUPT BASTARDS.

The specific rules allegedly breached

SPL rule D9.3 states all payments made to players for playing football must be registered.

It says: "No player may receive any payment of any description from or on behalf of a club in respect of that player’s participation in Association Football or in an activity connected with Association Football, other than in reimbursement of expenses actually incurred or to be actually incurred in playing or training for that Club, unless such payment is made in accordance with a Contract of Service between that Club and the Player concerned."

The second rule under scrutiny is D1.13 which states that all contracts must be lodged with the governing body.

It says: "A club must, as a condition of registration and for a Player to be eligible to play in official matches, deliver the executed originals of all contracts of service and amendments and/or extensions to contracts of service and all other agreements providing for payment, other than for reimbursement of expenses actually incurred, between that club and player, to the secretary, within fourteen days of such contract of service or other agreement being entered into, amended and/or, as the case may be, extended."

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/r...h-case-begins/

In terms of both D9.3 and D1.13, loans are not payments however LNS tries to twist it.

oh I think they 'll twist it allright, lesser burden of proof required no doubt when compared to law, wouldnt be surprised if loans have allready been accepted by the terms of the commission as payments by another name. <cr>

This is slightly off topic but I think it's worth pointing out that the STV link posted shows very fair and balanced reporting with the case for the defence and witch hu....sorry prosecution set out evenly. What a difference from the one sided BBC Scotland reporting that I have grown to hate over the last year and a half

This is slightly off topic but I think it's worth pointing out that the STV link posted shows very fair and balanced reporting with the case for the defence and witch hu....sorry prosecution set out evenly. What a difference from the one sided BBC Scotland reporting that I have grown to hate over the last year and a half

stopped reading at headline mate, "Rangers await title stripping verdict"

very fair and balanced?

I think my problem was I didn't read the headline! I think the BBC must have got to me as I seem to be spouting pish. It shows how bad the BBC is now I think that article is fair and balanced over at STV.

soon as I see that wee baldly bastard McLaughlin's coupon on a bbc article I wouldnt risk my eyesight or my blood pressure to read it.

fucking STV still had a "rangers in crisis" page in november. they do present both sides but that headline gives the game away, 18 possible sanctions, including anything they want to make up on the hoof yet they describe it as "Rangers await title stripping verdict"

nuff said.

fait accompli it seems to suggest.

They know full well by now we will go to court and we will not stop concerning titles, CG will not have it and JT is in the wings but he does need to start upping his game if he is going to be the head of our PR and take the fight to Thomson, 3 names and the likes.

I can see the huge fine for "administration anomolies" that is completely out of proportion but will remain in effect to allow us to be offered a new "provisional" membership to the "new" hierarchy run by CFC..., sorry SFA and <new league title insert here>

Sooner we GTF and join the english blue square league the better, it is not a forgone conclusion we cannot and the decision from them will be made soon enough.

I'm thinking if its a negative decision with a worst case scenario situation then information will get released on Friday just to try and destabilise the team.

If its good news then they will probable postpone it until Monday but no, I'm not a cynic lol

Was thinking exactly the same myself mate.

oh I think they 'll twist it allright, lesser burden of proof required no doubt when compared to law, wouldnt be surprised if loans have allready been accepted by the terms of the commission as payments by another name. <cr>

SPL's problem ultimately (Court of Session) is:

- if they decide EBT loans are "payments"

- then EBTs can never be used to pay players

- because including the EBTs on contractual paperwork makes the EBT scheme fail

- but EBTs were disclosed in Rangers' accounts for a decade

- and the SPL did nothing about them

- thus Rangers are reasonably entitled to assume EBT loans are not payments

IMO courts will not allow SPL to enforce a rule which is not clear and which they contributed to the case in point.

They know full well by now we will go to court and we will not stop concerning titles, CG will not have it and JT is in the wings but he does need to start upping his game if he is going to be the head of our PR and take the fight to Thomson, 3 names and the likes.

I can see the huge fine for "administration anomolies" that is completely out of proportion but will remain in effect to allow us to be offered a new "provisional" membership to the "new" hierarchy run by CFC..., sorry SFA and <new league title insert here>

Sooner we GTF and join the english blue square league the better, it is not a forgone conclusion we cannot and the decision from them will be made soon enough.

Re the fine, has LNS not already ruled this out? The fine, would have to be applied to the oldco (they have even already stated newco are not under any investigation as the alleged breaches pre-date them). To become a creditor of a company in administration/liquidation process requires approval of CoS, I believe...way outwith the remit of SPL, even if we they do believe themselves to be above the law!

SPL's problem ultimately (Court of Session) is:

- if they decide EBT loans are "payments"

- then EBTs can never be used to pay players

- because including the EBTs on contractual paperwork makes the EBT scheme fail

- but EBTs were disclosed in Rangers' accounts for a decade

- and the SPL did nothing about them

- thus Rangers are reasonably entitled to assume EBT loans are not payments

IMO courts will not allow SPL to enforce a rule which is not clear and which they contributed to the case in point.

I have said the same.

SPL/SFA were well aware of our EBT use and knew this to be outwith the contract they registered, the only logical conclusion would be that if an EBT is authentic it is acceptable by the authorities. Now that our EBT use has been vindicated, I struggle to see how they make (or should that be make up) their case against us!

I have said the same.

SPL/SFA were well aware of our EBT use and knew this to be outwith the contract they registered, the only logical conclusion would be that if an EBT is authentic it is acceptable by the authorities. Now that our EBT use has been vindicated, I struggle to see how they make (or should that be make up) their case against us!

Re the fine, has LNS not already ruled this out? The fine, would have to be applied to the oldco (they have even already stated newco are not under any investigation as the alleged breaches pre-date them). To become a creditor of a company in administration/liquidation process requires approval of CoS, I believe...way outwith the remit of SPL, even if we they do believe themselves to be above the law!

And this is why the BTC is not unimportant. The HMRC tribunal found that the EBT payments were non-contractual in LAW. Therefore it would be very difficult, I would assume, for the SPL tribunal to use these legally non-contractual payments differently given that they were all declared. The only other point is the 5 cases where BTC tribunal said there were mistakes made, as far as I saw/read this was because payments were made AFTER the recipient had left Rangers, this is important as the SPL has already ruled that a payment in to an EBT after the player left is NOT in breach of the rules, the Juhnino ruling.

And this is why the BTC is not unimportant. The HMRC tribunal found that the EBT payments were non-contractual in LAW. Therefore it would be very difficult, I would assume, for the SPL tribunal to use these legally non-contractual payments differently given that they were all declared. The only other point is the 5 cases where BTC tribunal said there were mistakes made, as far as I saw/read this was because payments were made AFTER the recipient had left Rangers, this is important as the SPL has already ruled that a payment in to an EBT after the player left is NOT in breach of the rules, the Juhnino ruling.

Fuck if this wasn't such a poisoned process you would have to laugh! Basically we are being investigated as to whether we failed to declare non-contractual payments in the contract we submitted to authorities, honestly what the fuck!