Charles green - reconstruction statement

RFC55

Cant do the copy and paste from official site on this ipad

RANGERS Chief Executive Charles Green has released the following statement after an announcement by the SPL on league reconstruction today.

He said: “Because of Rangers’ position I can do little more than watch this scramble to reconstruct Scottish football with interest and also bewilderment.

“I have to wait until more detail of today’s meetings at Hampden emerges but I must say I fail to understand why the SPL didn’t move to a vote on their 12-12-18 structure.

"After all, SPL chief executive Neil Doncaster is telling everyone agreement was unanimous. So why the delay?

“Might it have been too big a risk to put the format to a vote today?

“The SFL clubs meet on Thursday and there has to be the concern that if they don’t vote or arrive at any concrete solution then Scottish football could be back in the same situation which caused so much trauma last summer.

"What we don’t need is a repeat of that when one group would meet but do nothing hoping the other lot would make a decision.

“This is far too important an issue for it to be knocked back and forth but I really do wonder if all 12 clubs are happy with today’s outcome.

"I’m not so sure that is the case but hopefully we will get to the end of this in a proper and coherent manner.

“And that should also mean every effort is taken to avoid trampling fair play in the stampede to bring in something new just for the sake of it.

“Clubs have been playing from the start of this season believing they’d be rewarded for success through promotion and that should remain the case.

"But of course I cannot represent my club at any of the meetings or have a say in league reconstruction so all I can do is hope the morally correct decisions will be made.

"All clubs, Rangers included, deserve that much at least.”

Charles Green's statement on this is most illuminating.

Charles Green Statement

WRITTEN BY RANGERS FOOTBALL CLUB

1f7e297d21162397381775605c0f3649_XL.jpg

RANGERS Chief Executive Charles Green has released the following statement after an announcement by the SPL on league reconstruction today.

He said: “Because of Rangers’ position I can do little more than watch this scramble to reconstruct Scottish football with interest and also bewilderment.

“I have to wait until more detail of today’s meetings at Hampden emerges but I must say I fail to understand why the SPL didn’t move to a vote on their 12-12-18 structure.

"After all, SPL chief executive Neil Doncaster is telling everyone agreement was unanimous. So why the delay?

“Might it have been too big a risk to put the format to a vote today?

“The SFL clubs meet on Thursday and there has to be the concern that if they don’t vote or arrive at any concrete solution then Scottish football could be back in the same situation which caused so much trauma last summer.

"What we don’t need is a repeat of that when one group would meet but do nothing hoping the other lot would make a decision.

“This is far too important an issue for it to be knocked back and forth but I really do wonder if all 12 clubs are happy with today’s outcome.

"I’m not so sure that is the case but hopefully we will get to the end of this in a proper and coherent manner.

“And that should also mean every effort is taken to avoid trampling fair play in the stampede to bring in something new just for the sake of it.

“Clubs have been playing from the start of this season believing they’d be rewarded for success through promotion and that should remain the case.

"But of course I cannot represent my club at any of the meetings or have a say in league reconstruction so all I can do is hope the morally correct decisions will be made.

"All clubs, Rangers included, deserve that much at least.”

There has been no vote.This unanimous agreement is informal.

Charlie.....7 clubs needed to vote no to throw this out.

Pick 7 who stand to gain not that much and offer them 200k each for their backing.

If you cant do it, maybe us fans can donate again to the RFFF and pay for it that way.

This is exactly what the Corrupt cabal is doing to the SFL clubs. Except, we can pay them far more.

Motherwell have a statement on their website (i copied it onto the other topic) but basically they want to ask their fans what they think before they vote, and on the radio today it was reported that 2 chairmen weren't happy about the plans and wanted to read more of the details ( i don't know who they were)

Motherwell have a statement on their website (i copied it onto the other topic) but basically they want to ask their fans what they think before they vote, and on the radio today it was reported that 2 chairmen weren't happy about the plans and wanted to read more of the details ( i don't know who they were)

Groundhog day. Teams did the same last year over our membership of SPL. The idea that the future of Scottish football should be put in the hands of a few unelected football fans groups is mental. These fans will support the opposite of what Rangers support. 12-12-18 it is then.

Groundhog day. Teams did the same last year over our membership of SPL. The idea that the future of Scottish football should be put in the hands of a few unelected football fans groups is mental. These fans will support the opposite of what Rangers support. 12-12-18 it is then.

i know it will be interesting to hear why they don't listen to their fans on this issue. I also wonder why there hasn't been every supporters group coming out with their own statements about how they don't like this idea, and if their chairman vote for it then were not coming to the games anymore. At least St Midden last year head a couple of laughably things to say last summer.

All the Tims are behind it, which should tell us everything we need to know..... It benefits them, more than anything else.

Everyone on SSB the night was saying 12 12 18 was a disaster, except big Jum Duffy .... he said it will be voted on because it gives us one ruling body ... and that is the main thing ... WTF ... oh and before anyone asks ... I listened to it because I was driving home from Edinburgh and thought I needed a laugh ...

How can the SFL vote on a SPL proposal that as yet does not have their approval.

The SFL should simply refuse to discuss until the SPL have the correct numbers officially in agreement.

aye you would think so. If no one has voted then there's nothing to discuss is there?. It's a fucking shambles, blind leading the blind

Good statement again by CG.What sticks in my craw is how ALL these clubs seem to be prepared even to talk about this nonsense.Are they blind?Can't they see this is for the benefit of one club and one club only.This is geared to ensure Septic FC are playing European football for the next number of years unhindered.The smaller clubs have been promised a fairer deal financially,WHY?Why were they never offered a 'fairer deal' before?They are being BRIBED to support the Septic driven cabal,simple..The look-outs on Titanic seen the iceberg before she hit it,Scottish football has the opportunity to miss the iceberg. :angry:

The games the SFA and SPL are playing are completely unbelievable. They're going to wait for the SFL clubs to walk away in a few days. When this happens if the SFL clubs can't agree to proceed with the SPL's proposal with a 75% majority they will invite 12 clubs of their choice to form an SPL 2.

Its cloak and dagger stuff with veiled threats from Doncaster to the diddy SFL clubs ie "its my (Lawell) way or the high way".

They are so convinced they'll get 12 clubs for the extra cash they are promising to form a break away SPL with 24 elite SPL clubs they fail to realise that their dastardly plans doesn't work without Rangers.

Longmuir needs to toughen up and ask to see the SPLs current management accounts, and go through the Sky contract with a fine tooth comb. How in the world can the SFL consider merging with the SPL without seeing their books or key contracts or even ask their member clubs to consider a merger and league reconstruction without first checking if the SPL is financially sound. My own guess is that the SPL and their members want to do a quick deal for the start of next season because not only may they not have any cash but Sky may also be pulling out for next year if certain conditions in relation to Rangers are not met. All speculation but for crying out loud the management at the SFL have got be more commercial. SFL gave away 15 Rangers game to the SPL for virtually nothing - they must stop being bullied.

The games the SFA and SPL are playing are completely unbelievable. They're going to wait for the SFL clubs to walk away in a few days. When this happens if the SFL clubs can't agree to proceed with the SPL's proposal with a 75% majority they will invite 12 clubs of their choice to form an SPL 2.

Its cloak and dagger stuff with veiled threats from Doncaster to the diddy SFL clubs ie "its my (Lawell) way or the high way".

They are so convinced they'll get 12 clubs for the extra cash they are promising to form a break away SPL with 24 elite SPL clubs they fail to realise that their dastardly plans doesn't work without Rangers.

Longmuir needs to toughen up and ask to see the SPLs current management accounts, and go through the Sky contract with a fine tooth comb. How in the world can the SFL consider merging with the SPL without seeing their books or key contracts or even ask their member clubs to consider a merger and league reconstruction without first checking if the SPL is financially sound. My own guess is that the SPL and their members want to do a quick deal for the start of next season because not only may they not have any cash but Sky may also be pulling out for next year if certain conditions in relation to Rangers are not met. All speculation but for crying out loud the management at the SFL have got be more commercial. SFL gave away 15 Rangers game to the SPL for virtually nothing - they must stop being bullied.

This should be forwarded to David Longmuir at SFL. :cgreen:

Anyone else feeling this is just another screw Rangers plan ? As it would be only third division winner gets the shaft.

First division winner moves up, second division winner moves up and third division winner just gets screwed. Again, it really

only affects Rangers. If this goes thru, I would hope all bears would boycott all away parks. I would raise home ticket prices up

to help keep the dregs out and raise more money for Rangers. Just my opinion....