Some people need to get a grip!

some people live in a fantasy world when it comes our style of play ..... they want Barcelona football 6 months after flinging a team together at the last minute !!!! today was shocking , but the overreaction of some on here is over the top !!!!

Nobody expects us to play football like Barcelona ffs but we should be playing alot better than this shit. For me Ally's got whats left of this season and next to show that he has what it takes to be a good manager but if were being honest we already know the answer.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your very dismissive of a fundamental issue underpinning our climb back to the top. If fans are uninspired by the product on the park revenue falls, this removes a percentage of income which no doubt will lead to a cut in transfer/wages funds. We are then back to the current situation of maximising the assets at our disposal, something the current coaching cabal appear to be underachieving at.

But if league fucking up goes ahead will we be any better placed to get promoted?

no I think fans would start demanding change, not on forums obviously but through proper channels where true opinion can be guaged, I understand your point but don't believe it's as bad as you make out, we WILL win this league and yes I know this, in the know told me;)

When he gets a proper transfer window and pre-season.

You need more patience. Ally hasn't had much of a chance.

People used to say, "I'd rather he gained some experience in the lower leagues".

Ironically, he is getting that chance whilst still at Rangers. He has been a leader for the club in a time of need, and I don't fancy throwing away the chance to allow him a go at year on year progression. If he fails in promotion, then there'd be an argument for your position, but there isn't at the moment.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not howling for the boss's head, just deeply concerned by what I'm seeing from the team over the course of this season. You're correct to point out that Ally has not been able to build a team unhindered; time will tell if he is the right man for the job.

Blaming the transfer ban, so the solution is to go back to just buy buy buy?

When you lose 27 players and have only 3-4 weeks to have a team and to not even begin to get anything that resembles a squad after a few months of uncertaintity where we had no idea who was available then yes we can blame the transfer ban, for making us panic sign players we probably did not need.

Also the fans were a big part of the signings aswell as some were simply signed in order to sell more season tickets which obviously always happens.

correct me if i'm wrong here (i love it when people tend to forget last season)

"didn't have a pre season?" umm yes they did, last season before our trouble even began

"didn't have funds to spend?" umm he inherited a championship winning team from the man he took over from for 1 full season

When you lose 27 players and have only 3-4 weeks to have a team and to not even begin to get anything that resembles a squad after a few months of uncertaintity where we had no idea who was available then yes we can blame the transfer ban, for making us panic sign players we probably did not need.

Also the fans were a big part of the signings aswell as some were simply signed in order to sell more season tickets which obviously always happens.

Mate it's not about the players we lost in the summer or only having 3-4 weeks to replace them , it's about Ally not being capable of working with the players he has available and to get them playing as a unit , other teams in the 3rd division with a lower standard of player than us are better organised and play with more fight and passion. That's down pure and simply to the management. I think everybody understands we lack real quality and accept that will only change when the embargo is lifted, but until then is it really too much to ask that our team play as a unit with good organisation, are fit, play with strength and passion and to the best of their ability ... Why are so many of our players under performing on a regular basis ? IMO The buck stops with the management team

So for how many years are we going to accept second best on the park because we are all glad to be here?

Until we can sign some new players, then see what Ally can do with a team he's had time to look at. FFS, this team was more or less flung together in a couple of weeks.

We really are missing Jig though.

correct me if i'm wrong here (i love it when people tend to forget last season)

"didn't have a pre season?" umm yes they did, last season before our trouble even began

"didn't have funds to spend?" umm he inherited a championship winning team from the man he took over from for 1 full season

in all honesty the tims were slowly turning it around and we're gathering serious momentum, ally knew we needed reinforcing and all his 1st choice signings were not delivered. Left us open to one or two injuries or loss of form

Agree with the sentiment in the OP.

HOWEVER, with being demoted to Div 3 we were given a massive opportunity. An opportunity to change the way we played football, a chance to learn to pass the ball and dominate possession, to change the way we train and free ourselves from the shackles of turgid do or die SPL hell.

Instead, we are just AWFUL to watch.

That is the biggest disappointment for me. We are missing a chance to reinvent our style. Take Swansea for example. They have had 3 managers in a row who have been told to play a certain way. It is now in their culture and psyche.

That we have continued with the same turgid dross is the most damning of indictments against Ally and his staff.