HMRC have been given leave to appeal the EBT case

jmo21

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They can't leave us alone, if they admit defeat against us then the door is effectively closed on them for taking the clubs in the EPL to task for EBT's.

We were the real test case, and they can NOT lose it. They will lose, but they will try everything in their power to nail us to the wall so they can go after the bigger guns that have used EBT's to the tune of hundreds of millions.

We aren't the test case though mate...I posted an article a few weeks ago regarding that...they have had their cases with arsenal, man utd, Leeds etc. the difference is up here they can get the support via the hatred of us to push ahead with it.

As Albear says they gain absolutely nothing from this and will end up costing the taxpayer a lot more money. Total agenda.

I have it on good authority that they lost the case because of the way they asked the questions. They have been told that if they bring a case against us from a different angle by asking the same questions in a different way they would be succesfull.

On what authority was this exactly?

Fuck sake. There's more to this than a simple appeal. THEY ARE GOING TO GET NO FUCKING MONEY, WHY CONTINUE TO PURSUE IT?!?!?!?!?!?!

There's a taig behind this somewhere, I'm sure of it.

So that there is a better chance of getting money off lots of other companies that did the same thing.

does the appeal not just go back to the first tier tribunal again, surely after years of seeing evidence they would have made the right decision, why rangers aren't threatening legal action against hmrc is beyond me

Technically mate, it's not a Rangers problem, it's a MIH problem that we as a club were under the auspices of at the time.

It has to be Murray who takes any action against HMRC, not Rangers football club.

Calm down guys, it's only leave to appeal, it doesn't follow that they will appeal(although I think they will). However if they have no new "evidence" and they appeal we have to pull out all the stops and make the world aware this is a bigotted sectarian motivated move by writing to everyone who has any position of power.

I have it on good authority that they lost the case because of the way they asked the questions. They have been told that if they bring a case against us from a different angle by asking the same questions in a different way they would be succesfull.

Not sure about this mate, I have an incredibly close relative who is a senior manager in KPMG's Corporate Tax Department and he said all along we would win and he is still of the same opinion and he also said HMRC would appeal if they lost even before the decision was announced.