Robert Lewandowski

Scott-RFC

Sky Italia tonight reporting he has agreed to join Bayern at the end of the season. Will be disgusted if this is true.

Already have my doubts about Guardiola but if he thinks the route to success in Germany is throwing money at your only serious domestic rivals best players, then his potential success in Germany is already tainted for me. A trained chimp could do that.

Sky Italia tonight reporting he has agreed to join Bayern at the end of the season. Will be disgusted if this is true.

Already have my doubts about Guardiola but if he thinks the route to success in Germany is throwing money at your only serious domestic rivals best players, then his potential success in Germany is already tainted for me. A trained chimp could do that.

If Pep is tapping up a player with over a year left on his contract, before he even takes over at Bayern, that's pretty hilarious.

If Pep is tapping up a player with over a year left on his contract, before he even takes over at Bayern, that's pretty hilarious.

Nearly as hilarious as the 'any Pep success is tainted' routine - long before any success or taint has been witnessed.

It's going to be a long summer.

I would like to see him in BVB for years to come. He fits this team so well and Borussia is a great club. But Lewandowski is currently sitting on one of the worst contracts in team, guys like Perisic or Grosskreutz earn more. I imagine it may be bit frustrating for a star player to make less money then bench warmers.

Sure, they offered him new contract, way better, but they didn't offered him what he would get in the open market. Won't be suprised if he'll leave in the off season. Most likely destination though is Premier League. Info leaked that he already attends english school in Dortmund every week to polish his language. If he moves to Britain, i hope not to Man Utd

Mario Gomez is better than Lewandowski, no doubt, and Mario Mandzukic has played better than him this season also with 16 goals this season already. Lewandowski is still better than Mandzukic, but not Gomez, especially when talking about "proven goalscorers".

Signing another player from a title rival isn't 'disgusting' either :lol: Van Persie, Tevez, Cassano, Pazzini... list could go on.

And also, Matthias Sammer and the board will have the last say on transfers, not Guardiola. Obviously he will suggest players but won't have the final say.

Mario Gomez has 80 goals in 97 games for Bayern Munich. Two Bundesliga titles (looking like 3), a German Cup and 2 Champions League finals. Also 63 goals in his last 76 games for Stuttgart to avoid the Robben and Ribery supply argument.

Robert Lewandowski has 58 goals in 119 games for Dortmund. Two Bundesliga's and a German Cup.

Lewandowski's overall play may be better but the goals speak for themselves. Gomez' play has improved a lot lately as well, I think people are judging him a lot on the CL final.

The most important one of his career to date.

Did the other 12 get him to lift the top prize in club football?

Did Van Persie's 5 goals? Did Ronaldo's 11? Cavani's 5 or Ibrahimovic's 5? Gomez got his team to the final, more than what most other strikers did last season so that argument's useless.

I'm sure Lewandowski's one goal was very important for Dortmund though...

Did Van Persie's 5 goals? Did Ronaldo's 11? Cavani's 5 or Ibrahimovic's 5? Gomez got his team to the final, more than what most other strikers did last season so that argument's useless.

I'm sure Lewandowski's one goal was very important for Dortmund though...

It's not an argument.

I said he was woeful in the final when it mattered.