Well done the young guns!!

Downside? According to Andy he admits that even in the Swifts, Rangers are playing the youngsters out of position too.

Kids that age shouldn't necessarily be pigeon holed into positions. It holds back their development and they end up pretty one dimensional.

I don't rate him at all. Thanks but no thanks.

You travel up from Durham a lot to see the reserves then?

Unless you've seen him elsewhere he's only had 10 minutes or so in the first team here and there.

I thought he had a fairly solid game at RB last night. Has a few tricks up his sleeve and enough pace to get forward too.

Definitely one for the future and one who should get a longer run out in the first team when the league is sewn up.

So what is it about him that you don't like?

You travel up from Durham a lot to see the reserves then?

Unless you've seen him elsewhere he's only had 10 minutes or so in the first team here and there.

I thought he had a fairly solid game at RB last night. Has a few tricks up his sleeve and enough pace to get forward too.

Definitely one for the future and one who should get a longer run out in the first team when the league is sewn up.

So what is it about him that you don't like?

Fair comment (tu)

Great news! By all accounts he played well last night. I hope that he keeps working hard and gets his chance.

MCLACHLAN1 also recently slated Kane Hemmings as a non-league player prior to his loan move to Cowdenbeath, and as we all know Kane has done well. Just shows that basing assessments of people on snapshots tells you nothing.

The kid is 20 years old ffs give him a chance.

Barrie McKay, Lewis MacLeod, Fraser Aird & Robbie Crawford have all been given game time and all of whom are 17/18 years old and there are players in the youth team like Tom Walsh, Charlie Telfer, Andy Murdoch & Luca Gasparotto who are all 2 or 3 years younger than Mitchell yet are all rated far higher than he is. So with Lewis MacLeod, Barrie McKay, Fraser Aird, Robbie Crawford, Tom Walsh, Charlie Telfer & Andy Murdoch all competing for midfield places then Mitchell won't get a look in. 20 isn't a youngster anymore in this division the likes of Kyle Hutton and Ross Perry plus the traitors who left were all given proper game time in the SPL while under the age of 20 yet Mitchell can't get a regular game in the 3rd division.

I know he is a Rangers fan and seems like a great guy so I hope he can make a career for himself elsewhere but I don't see it at Rangers and that's just the reality of youth players that come through most of the won't make it at Rangers

Barrie McKay, Lewis MacLeod, Fraser Aird & Robbie Crawford have all been given game time and all of whom are 17/18 years old and there are players in the youth team like Tom Walsh, Charlie Telfer, Andy Murdoch & Luca Gasparotto who are all 2 or 3 years younger than Mitchell yet are all rated far higher than he is. So with Lewis MacLeod, Barrie McKay, Fraser Aird, Robbie Crawford, Tom Walsh, Charlie Telfer & Andy Murdoch all competing for midfield places then Mitchell won't get a look in. 20 isn't a youngster anymore in this division the likes of Kyle HuttonI and Ross Perry plus the traitors who left were all given proper game time in the SPL while under the age of 20 yet Mitchell can't get a regular game in the 3rd division.

I know he is a Rangers fan and seems like a great guy so I hope he can make a career for himself elsewhere but I don't see it at Rangers and that's just the reality of youth players that come through most of the won't make it at Rangers

I never said he would make it but writing him off at his age is stupid.

Your point about the others who have had more game time or being higher rated is fair enough but quite often there is someone who sneaks under the rader until being forced into getting a chance who then grab it with both hands.

When we were linked with that Ryan guy from the mutton botherers in the window there was a post saying all through the youths he looked nothing special gets a chance and suddenly he was their best player.

the way i look at the youth system is this - if we can get 3 or 4 players who will do a job (note, not world beaters, but just players who can play their position, and put in a solid shift), and maybe get 1 player that is above average, then we are on a winner. look at all the transfers over the last 15 years - how many have been world-class? how many have come in and basically done a shift, and not much more? i think there is too much pressure on the youngsters to all be the 1993 Man U team. as has been said before, that was a bit of a freak occurance.

particularly in the Scottish League, we really dont need to be spending millions

Based on his appearances in the first team.

Looked short of attributes and quite temperamental. We have plenty brilliant young talent. I don't think he will make it.

Just my opinion.

That being 2 first-team appearances last season and about 10 minutes this season? Did you even think that through? He hasn't even played a full 90 minutes for the first-team.