Benefits of sticking with a manager

SkiBunny

There is only one link (well, two actually) with SAF and McCoist.

Both played for Rangers Football Club.

Both are Scottish.

Anything else is redundant.

Didn't they both get their coaching badges at Largs? Maybe Ally should give SAF a call and spend a few days watching training at Carrington, maybe he'd get a few ideas?

I think the benefits of sticking with Ally are:

1. he's loyal to the club (he won't walk away, and does everything for the best interest of the club)

2. He's making the best of a bad situation (player ban)

3. He can motivate the best out of what we have as a youth team ( some players are as of yet the unfinished product)

4. He's looking at the long term future of the team ( taking everything in steps rather than leaping and falling of the edge as stated in "The Rising")

5. He's being realistic about building a team for the long term future.

As in other post Murray Park is where it should all start, with the coaches. So that when they get to Ally they are the finished product

The bit in bold is at best highly questionable, but more than likely a complete fallacy.

Comparing SAF to Super is a borderline straw man argument.

SAF managed Aberdeen to league titles as the third team in a two horse race before he ever started at Man U.

Managerial stability does not necesarily ensure success, even if the manager is undoubtedly talented in the first instance.

Look at Arsene Wenger for a prime example.

Benefits of sticking with Ally...

People get to vent on RM with 101 "he ain't no manager" threads every month.

Can't underestimate the health benefits of a good rant and rave.

Perhaps the fact that we have the threads so often tells its own tale.

The bit in bold is at best highly questionable, but more than likely a complete fallacy.

Comparing SAF to Super is a borderline straw man argument.

SAF managed Aberdeen to league titles as the third team in a two horse race before he ever started at Man U.

Managerial stability does not necesarily ensure success, even if the manager is undoubtedly talented in the first instance.

Look at Arsene Wenger for a prime example.

I do not believe it is a fallacy there have been statements from the team stating he is a good motivator. SAF is not a good comparision for Ally as they have had different managerial experiences. What i was pointing is that SAF one of the top managers in the country has said Ally is doing a fantastic job.

I don't think Ally has had a fair crack of the whip. The past 20mths have been about survival and making the best of what you've got. Once the player ban is lifted i think that's when you'll see some positive changes

I do not believe it is a fallacy there have been statements from the team stating he is a good motivator. SAF is not a good comparision for Ally as they have had different managerial experiences. What i was pointing is that SAF one of the top managers in the country has said Ally is doing a fantastic job.

I don't think Ally has had a fair crack of the whip. The past 20mths have been about survival and making the best of what you've got. Once the player ban is lifted i think that's when you'll see some positive changes

I, and I am sure the majority of others, certainly hope so.

I can think of nothing better than having one of our greatest playing legends become one of our greatest managerial legends.

I, and I am sure the majority of others, certainly hope so.

I can think of nothing better than having one of our greatest playing legends become one of our greatest managerial legends.

Every Rangers fan would wish for that. But so far there is very little evidence that Ally will be a competent manager far less one of our managerial legends.

Time to get real. Just prior to the start of this season the challenge was to be able to play in a football league, then the challenge was to get a team together. By hook or by crook that's been achieved and not without cost. That team is doing its job in the league. So for now I just hope we can get on and let Ally McCoist get on with it, without interference or comparing him to SAF.

Ferguson had plied his trade in the management game though and prroved he was a 1st class manager. What he done with the sheepshaggers is still arguably the greatest stint of magerialism in Scottish football.

The two scenarios are in no way comparable.

We needed and still need someone with a proven track record I'm afraid.

The OP referred to Sir Alex's lack of success when he first went to Man U, and how he turned things around. He compared it to Ally's present team and how poor the football can be. You are missing the point.

To be fair on Alli I don't think he has had the chance yet to put all his focus on the team, last year all the shit started to happen, the start of this season he lost most of his team if I remember at the start we had 6 players, he hasn't had the luxury of being able to bring players he wanted in like managers before him but had to bring in whoever was going for free so the players he has brought in we could say he had no option as he had to build a team.

It's his first season in charge and I dare say he has learned a lot we were crap at the start but I still say the players didn't adjust fast enough to the league we are in, down here you don't get free kicks for meaty challenges you need to man up and get back on your feet, I knew this season wouldn't be pretty so any judgement I have I will reserve it till the end of next season and that way I can see for myself how the team is shaping up and if it looks like we are still going nowhere then I will say we need a new manager but I'm confident Alli will get it sorted and go on to be a good manager.

I'm not sure where this Ally is a young manager is coming from, he's not he's 50 SAF had already turned Man U round by that age...

Young as in to the Job and experience, you could also say Ferguson had turned Aberdeen round well before that also when he was even younger.