Rangers Player of the year

laudrupno1

Blackredemtionman. . Na i womnt be giving out the award and had i had the opportunity to advise of the jig story to the final minute i wld have advised that he did get the award. However, the supporters had to leave their suite, spend half hour waiting omn jig and losing out on the hospitality which they paid for upstairs as jig never went to them as is customary.

So na jig no gettiung award from me, lol.

Anyway hope that clears up that story. What i said was true, it just developed before thread got locked.

Ps i would be awarding wallace with it incase its a wee bit cold for lee.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lee Wallace, nae danger.

The platform is there for Templeton; a silky winger who shone and scored at Anfield earlier in the season, up against semi-professional paint and decorators. I would have put money on him waltzing through this season, but he hasn't.

MacLeod deserves a mention, too.

The rest, suggesting that their performances have been Player of the Year material would only send me into a depression.

Lee Wallace, nae danger.

The platform is there for Templeton; a silky winger who shone and scored at Anfield earlier in the season, up against semi-professional paint and decorators. I would have put money on him waltzing through this season, but he hasn't.

MacLeod deserves a mention, too.

The rest, suggesting that their performances have been Player of the Year material would only send me into a depression.

Not sure silky works in Division 3?

Anyone know how many assists Lee Wallace has? For all his endeavour and running up and down that wing, i don't recall many proving worthwhile. Well over rated.

You think Lee Wallace is overrated? He's one of our best players. If it wasn't for Jig he'd probably Wallace would probably be captain.

You think Lee Wallace is overrated? He's one of our best players. If it wasn't for Jig he'd probably Wallace would probably be captain.

Yes, among our fans, very much so. According to Gordon Strachan and Craig Levein, he is no better than Mulgrew, Crainey, Fox or Dixon. Though i disagree with that opinion, it doesn't say much for the lad. He is one of our best players but that isn't saying much either to be honest. I don't see a captain in him either. Hid final ball is pretty poor but his engine is impressive.

Age is irrelevant IMO, just because Macleod's 18 doesn't mean he should only be considered for the ypoty award. He has been our most consisting player by a country mile this season and you can see how vital he is to the team now that he's not in it.

Macleod for POTY for me.

Its sounds crazy that Jig could get player of the year. It shows how bad the team is now, as he was worse than a man short before all the shit hit the fan and was only playing as he was Walter and Allys buddy.

Its sounds crazy that Jig could get player of the year. It shows how bad the team is now, as he was worse than a man short before all the shit hit the fan and was only playing as he was Walter and Allys buddy.

Jig is never a midfielder though. When Jelavic went we put Jig up front in his natural position and he improved. That's what happens when you play people in their natural positions. We should try it more often. (tu)

Going by his exploits round strathy park, a whole may be the best idea for him. He has almost dug his own grave. Silly wee boy barrie. Silly wee boy.

Nevertheless i agree abt players being played outta position, it seems inherentr and almost the 'rangers way' of doing things. I dont like utility players as such. Ok maybe one in a team but we are unreal.. If i want a right back i want a right back!! Someone who has the positional sense to play inm that position per say. .

For too many yrs we have carried on with this policy, a policy oi believe was adopted by smith due to his inability to get the best out of a player. We need to stop this practice quickly, it is holding the developmenmt of our players, and yeah when papac was playing centre mid that night, it fuvkimng blew mind. A centre back, utilised in left back , now playing centre mid??? Really? Look at huistra, lovenkrands, little. They have all beemn played wide, with little or no effect. Put them through the middle and its a diff ball game. I only wish our coachimg staff had the ability to see this. Sit down and ask a player, what do you feel is your best position and will be able to contribute more towards a game. Advise that there may be another player or two vying for that position, and then its down to the player to work harder tro hold that position and make it his own.

Jig is never a midfielder though. When Jelavic went we put Jig up front in his natural position and he improved. That's what happens when you play people in their natural positions. We should try it more often. (tu)

Can't argue with that Mighty.

Andy Little for me. He has scored a barrel load of goals and usually makes a good contribution to the team no matter what position he is played in. Some of our ex SPL players should note what is possible when you are determined, work hard and give your all for the team.