Europa League

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think Chelsea and Spurs will edge through but can't see Newcastle being able to get past Benfica.

Hope I'm wrong and all progress.

Spurs have been living on the edge as well minutes from going out against Lyon and then almost bombing a three goal advantage versus Inter. Good side with an ace in the pack in Bale but will need to be at their best in both legs this time I think (tu)

The thing is will Chelsea want it? As the three London clubs battle it out for the two last reamaining CL places where will their priorities lie? I think with Spurs and Newcastle being wee teams (Well to the outside world) a trophy means everything, and perhaps thats the way it should be. CL places have became the new trophies for the big teams, which is kind of sad really.

The thing is will Chelsea want it? As the three London clubs battle it out for the two last reamaining CL places where will their priorities lie? I think with Spurs and Newcastle being wee teams (Well to the outside world) a trophy means everything, and perhaps thats the way it should be. CL places have became the new trophies for the big teams, which is kind of sad really.

Both sides have a decent gap though over the teams around them, Spurs are 7 points clear of fifth place and Chelsea are five points clear.

I think Rafa will really want the Europa League for the sake of his CV as he knows he won't be at Chelsea beyond the summer while AVB's fondness for the tournament is known so I think both managers and teams will remain committed to the competition (tu)

They will want it as much as anyone else given their perfromance last night.

They will want it as much as anyone else given their perfromance last night.

Ridiculous assertion mate, they don't want it they actually don't want to win the Europa League. That's their stance at the moment (tu)

Both sides have a decent gap though over the teams around them, Spurs are 7 points clear of fifth place and Chelsea are five points clear.

I think Rafa will really want the Europa League for the sake of his CV as he knows he won't be at Chelsea beyond the summer while AVB's fondness for the tournament is known so I think both managers and teams will remain committed to the competition (tu)

Yeah but Spuds have played a game more than Arsenal so it COULD be 4 points. Spuds also have to play Chelsea away mid april and Man City the following week. If Arsenal go on a half decent run I think it could be tight. Both North London teams are away to Swansea very soon, if and its a big if....If The Arsenal win at Swansea this weekend they will pip Spuds and perhaps Chelsea. If things get tight will the two London clubs give the EL a wide berth?

Yeah but Spuds have played a game more than Arsenal so it COULD be 4 points. Spuds also have to play Chelsea away mid april and Man City the following week. If Arsenal go on a half decent run I think it could be tight. Both North London teams are away to Swansea very soon, if and its a big if....If The Arsenal win at Swansea this weekend they will pip Spuds and perhaps Chelsea. If things get tight will the two London clubs give the EL a wide berth?

What age are you ? Genuinely wondering.

Are you still at school ?

Everyone wrote Arsenal off on here last year and I think only me and DBBTB said they would make the top 4. :pipe:

I think it's going to be very close this season between Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea. The latter two have to concentrate on Europe and Chelsea have FA cup. Chelsea will drop points in the league, for sure, it's if Arsenal can be consistent in getting wins.

My prediction - Chelsea finish on 67 points, Tottenham on 68 and Arsenal on 67. Arsenal finish fourth on GD.

Chelsea will finish top 4 imo.

Spurs don't have as big a squad and may well be hampered by the EL and Arsenal may beat them to 4th.

Everyone wrote Arsenal off on here last year and I think only me and DBBTB said they would make the top 4. :pipe:

I think it's going to be very close this season between Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea. The latter two have to concentrate on Europe and Chelsea have FA cup. Chelsea will drop points in the league, for sure, it's if Arsenal can be consistent in getting wins.

My prediction - Chelsea finish on 67 points, Tottenham on 68 and Arsenal on 67. Arsenal finish fourth on GD.

Eh and me, I predicted Arsenal would finish in the top 4 last season and yes you are right the same people on here made the same churlish squeals last season . My thoughts this year are that its going to end up very tight with the 3 London clubs. The Arsenal of last season I believe would finish third again but I have a feeling they will get fourth again this year with Spuds just losing out....wouldnt bet on it though!

The worst Arsenal team of the last 20 years going toe for toe with the best Spurs team of the last 60 years, says it all :)