I Love The Arguments In Here..

Creampuff

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem I have with this mate, is that nothing suggests we're changing.

If there was signs then fair enough, but I don't see any on the park. Same old stuff with a manager who learned bad traits from Walter but does not have his experience, tactical ability or status of being strict with the players and that really does show. I see no direction on the field in our style.

Off the field I still think we're paying too much wages for average players like we did for years!

Fair enough points mate, but I've pointed out you are expecting to see decades old footballing habits starting to change within a matter of months. The truth is Allys only concern has been building a squad to secure promotion for 2 seasons at least, all within weeks of an 18 month (essentially) transfer embargo kicking in. No mean feat to be fair.

Coaching staff also have a big part to play, but again, we in the bottom division and we are expected to go out and hire top class coaches (who cost money btw).

Its a long job to undertake and no-one could realistically expect to start seeing progress with regards to changing the ethos of the club for at least another 12 months.

We have promotion. We have a squad that will win the vast majority of games against 2nd division sides and secure another promotion. We have seen the emergence of a number of "homegrown" players. That's 3 of the 4 or 5 jobs that the fans expected Ally, Green et al to take on, from the footballing side of things.

Roman Abramovich has spent millions on the best players and managers in the world,to get Chelsea playing like Barcelona,in a league were Barcelona would struggle to play like Barcelona......Ally within the next couple of weeks will succeed in his first task