I Love The Arguments In Here..

Creampuff

We don't have the right defenders for 3 at the back, IMO.

If we sign a couple of good defenders in the summer I'd like to see us try it because we can still keep a player in the hole off the front but also have 2 strikers. Although a 4 could be fine if we sign a good right back or Darren Cole shows some form.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bravo, Sir.

Bravo!

Short memories are part and parcel of the fickle mentality of the football fan.

If the football was beautiful and successful, we'd be moaning about pies and red socks.

this is also a good point - football fans are moaning gits - I Rember the 7-0 game against united when 2 fans behind me started moaning that we had taken our foot of the gas and should have scored more!!'

I absolutely love seeing the arguments in here.

Is McCoist good enough to be manager?

Is Black good enough for Rangers?

Should Little play through the middle?

Formations?

Mentality?

When I think back to last Summer, less than one year ago, I remember one post - discussing how I long for the days where my biggest problem as a Rangers fan was whether or not Whittaker was good enough to be a Rangers fullback. It's refreshing to look in the Bears Den again and see that the threads on Craig Whyte, on whether there will be a Rangers next season, on tax cases, on bloggers, and on the liquidation of the company that formally owned Rangers have all but disappeared. They have been replaced with debates on players, fans, managers, tactics. They have been replaced by football.

Just a reminder to those feeling a little too down about this season.

We've come a helluva long way.

How we play.

Let's be honest, we're known for a pretty dull, direct style of football that Walter Smith made successful through the sheer effort and respect he demanded from the players. It worked, sure, but did it also cost us at times, especially in Europe? Yes, it did.

Now we've got a younger squad, a lot of kids and a different outlook. Ally said last week when he was defending his methods that the training sessions now are no different to what he remembers from 20 years ago, which pretty much says it all.

He's a Walter Smith clone without the respect from the players, which is a bit like being a car with no wheels.

I honestly don't think playing that style of football in the third division is the best way going forward.

Priority number one going forward is getting promoted. Why can't we start playing the sort of football that gets the fans in next year?

I can't see the point in this thread.

Yes, we were all concerned last year, but now that's far from the case. We're back in a stable position with decent income streams with a wage bill ten times that of our closest challenger.

Our squad is pretty strong, made up of internationals from U-19 to full senior level.

Our facilities are still there, the best in Scotland. We're still chasing SPL players.

Yes, last year was a major concern and everyone just wanted to survive, but we've done that and got stronger off the park. Are we going to be looking at it in seven years' time when Celtic win 10IAR and think 'oh, well that's fine because we nearly went under a while ago'? Of course we're not.

We're missing a massive opportunity here, like it or not. We need a real manager and a real coaching set up.

yep - to follow up on oleg's point there are always some fans who can do nothing but moan even by moaning about a positive thread ! try the odd positive post - it wll nae give you a nose bleed !

I can't see the point in this thread.

Yes, we were all concerned last year, but now that's far from the case. We're back in a stable position with decent income streams with a wage bill ten times that of our closest challenger.

Our squad is pretty strong, made up of internationals from U-19 to full senior level.

Our facilities are still there, the best in Scotland. We're still chasing SPL players.

Yes, last year was a major concern and everyone just wanted to survive, but we've done that and got stronger off the park. Are we going to be looking at it in seven years' time when Celtic win 10IAR and think 'oh, well that's fine because we nearly went under a while ago'? Of course we're not.

We're missing a massive opportunity here, like it or not. We need a real manager and a real coaching set up.

(tu)

I absolutely love seeing the arguments in here.

Is McCoist good enough to be manager?

Is Black good enough for Rangers?

Should Little play through the middle?

Formations?

Mentality?

When I think back to last Summer, less than one year ago, I remember one post - discussing how I long for the days where my biggest problem as a Rangers fan was whether or not Whittaker was good enough to be a Rangers fullback. It's refreshing to look in the Bears Den again and see that the threads on Craig Whyte, on whether there will be a Rangers next season, on tax cases, on bloggers, and on the liquidation of the company that formally owned Rangers have all but disappeared. They have been replaced with debates on players, fans, managers, tactics. They have been replaced by football.

Just a reminder to those feeling a little too down about this season.

We've come a helluva long way.

My view is the fact we came through all that and are still arguing about the manager tells its own story

If all that shit hadn't happened we would have seen Ally punted months ago and wished him thanks and good luck

The fact Ally has now divided what was a united support is the most damning indictment I can think of for his tenure thus far

Sadly this is accurate.